- If Color Oops did indeed ruin your hair, the first thing you need to do is calm down because it can be solved.
- To start looking for a solution, you need to determine how damaged your hair is.
- If the damage is mild to moderate, you should start with intensive moisturizing treatments with hair masks twice a week.
- If the damage is severe, you should use more specific and repairing treatments such as Olaplex or Pantene Rescue Shots mask. I’ll tell you how to use them later on.
- To help you leave your worries and anxieties aside, I’ll tell you that by following my suggestions, you’ll recover your hair health in just two weeks.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Recoloring hair after color Oops, how long should I wait and what dye should I use?
Did Color Oops ruin your hair?
I understand your despair and sadness, but the first thing I recommend is to calm down.
Do this exercise before reading on. Take a deep breath and exhale. Repeat it ten times.
Do you feel calmer?
Okay, now let’s see together what we should do.The first step is to assess the damage the Color Oops did to your hair. You’ll need to sharpen your sense of touch and sight.
- Do you have gummy hair?
- Is the texture of your hair rough?
- Are the ends of your hair split and/or brittle?
If you answered YES to most of the questions, your hair is indeed damaged.
Was it really the Color Oops that caused the damage?
Let’s think: Could your hair get damaged before you applied Color Oops?
If your hair was damaged before using Color Oops, it’ll still be as damaged afterward.
Color Oops isn’t a repair treatment. It's a color remover with powerful chemicals like sulfur to remove the color from your hair.
Although this product is much less aggressive than bleach, it’s still a chemical product. If you add Color Oops to your damaged hair, the damage will only get worse.
Now, what’s done is done. It’s isn’t the time to punish yourself. Do you know why?
Because even if Color Oops damaged your hair, you could still restore its health.
Tabla de Contenidos
- If Color Oops damages your hair, you need to determine the severity of the damage
- How to restore mild to moderately damaged hair after Color Oops
- Plan for recovering severely damaged hair after using Color Oops
If Color Oops damages your hair, you need to determine the severity of the damage
But, don't be discouraged!
I already told you that even in the worst-case scenario, things will get better.
And it all depends on the hair health recovery plan you have to follow.
- If your hair has mild to moderate damage: Apply a few moisturizing masks for two weeks twice a week, and it’ll recover.
- If your hair is severely damaged: you should use chemical repairers, such as Olaplex 3.
Have you determined the intensity of the hair damage?
It's time to repair it.
How to restore mild to moderately damaged hair after Color Oops
If your hair has mild to moderate damage after Color Oops, it’ll be easier to recover if you incorporate some basic hair care into your hair care routine.
- First, you should start using moisturizing masks at least twice a week.
They can be homemade with coconut oil, jojoba, shea butter, or almond oil.
However, if you prefer commercial products, here is a list of the best repairing masks on the market.
- Marc Anthony Grow Long
This anti-breakage and anti-fall mask contains avocado oil, Keratin, and other nutrients. It’s ideal for hair with frizz and split ends. I can assure you that you’ll begin to notice the changes from the second application.
You can use it every time you wash your hair as a conditioner, leaving it on for 5 to 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can simply apply it twice a week and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- L’Oreal Professional Serie Expert Absolut Repair Gold Quinoa & Protein
This is one of the hair recovery lines I use in the salon. Of course, in its salon version. But L'Oreal launched the same formula for home use some time ago.
Why is it so effective?
Because it thickens the hair and repairs the gaps left by the Color Oops.
Apply it twice a week to damp hair and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Olaplex 4 shampoo and Olaplex 5 conditioner.
You've probably heard a lot about Olaplex due to the famous Kim Kardashian, who wowed the world by going from brunette to platinum blonde in a matter of hours. Her secret?
The Olaplex, pro version.
However, since your damage is not extreme, you can incorporate Olaplex 4 and 5, shampoo and conditioner respectively. You can use them daily, every time you wash your hair.
You should only remember to leave the conditioner on your hair for at least 5 minutes to optimize the results.
In addition to these products, you should change some of your hair habits.
- Don’t wash your hair every day: frequent hair washes may make you lose the natural oils expelled by the scalp. They keep your hair moisturized.[/su_highlight]
- Don’t wear your hair tied up all the time: you should let it down at least for a few hours while you sleep or when you’re at home. Tied hair is not aired and accumulates corrosive toxins.
- Don’t abuse heat tools: straighteners, curling irons, and hairdryers take away moisture from the hair.
If you follow these steps, the damage left by Color Oops on your hair will be completely gone in just two weeks.
That's my girl!
Now let's move on to those of you who have found that your hair is severely damaged. You should also keep your hopes up. In that sense, you should start now to recover your hair.
And when I say right now, it's right now.
Plan for recovering severely damaged hair after using Color Oops
In this case, your hair is brittle, and you need to use repairers specifically designed to restore it to health.
Pantene Rescue Shots
This brand offers repair ampoules with a vitamin complex of proteins and B5.
And it's really easy to apply.
- Wash your hair, towel-dry and untangle it.
- Apply a repair ampoule from roots to ends without touching the scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes and cover your hair with a cap for better absorption.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm, almost cold water
- Dry and style.
Apply this treatment once a week. As your hair is very damaged, it absorbs much more and an excess of proteins can also be detrimental to the hair fiber.
This is the most sold and used repairing treatment worldwide. It restructures the DNA of your hair repairing it from the core outwards.
The repair is immediate, and you’ll notice how your hair will be soft, frizz, and breakage-free after application.
- Divide your hair into 4 sections, from forehead to nape and from ear to ear, holding them in place with hair clips.
- Apply a moderate amount to each section of hair and comb through, covering it completely.
- Leave on for ten minutes to two hours. su_highlight background=”#ffb5e8″]The longer you leave it on your hair, the better results you will get.[/su_highlight]
- Rinse your hair with plenty of lukewarm, almost cold water, and then you can use your shampoo and conditioner.
You can apply Olaplex 3 up to twice a week if necessary, although you most likely won't need to. Olaplex repairs hair completely from the first application.
Color removers are very harsh chemicals on the hair fiber. However, Color Oops is one of the gentler ones.
Still, you never know how your hair may react, especially if you had any symptoms of previous damage.
Cheer up! The solution is just a step away, and you can start today.