- Yes, purple shampoo works on naturally blonde hair. Here, I will tell you when to use it and how.
- Purple shampoo is used to neutralize bright yellow tones in naturally blonde hair, or to give it a very light purple tone, after frequent washing.
- You only need to replace your usual shampoo with a purple one. After three or four washes, you’ll notice that those yellow tones have disappeared.
- If you want to give your hair a slight purple shade, you’ll need to use it longer and more often.
- If you want to dye your hair deep purple, I’m sorry to say that purple shampoo won’t work for you. Its pigments aren’t strong enough. If that’s what you’re looking for, you should use a semi-permanent dye.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How long does it take for purple shampoo to work?
Blessed are those with naturally blonde hair because they won’t need to bleach it to look as fashionable as golden blondes or platinum ones!
Even so, that golden blonde that is so sought after and fascinating can undergo some changes, which end up turning it into a strident yellow hair. When that happens, you begin to despair.
Why does a naturally blonde hair, at some point, start to show those unwanted yellowish tones?
The explanation is simple.External pollutants change the pigmentation of your hair. For example, pollution or chlorinated water, and even the excessive use of heat tools such as a flat iron or blow dryer,.
What can you do to prevent unwanted yellow tones from appearing in your naturally blonde hair?
- Wear hats to protect your hair from the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- If you swim, wear a cap to prevent your hair from contacting chlorinated water.
- Put a water filter in the shower. Tap water has high iron content, which oxidizes your natural hair color.
Now, what can you do if your blonde hair already has yellowish tones?You can use a purple shampoo to neutralize those unwanted shades. This shampoo will allow you to maintain the natural golden and luminous shade of your hair.
Just like any good product, it also has its limits. What do I mean by this?
Purple shampoo won’t color your hair purple or violet.
That is because, as much as it contains purple pigments, it’s not designed to change the natural color of your hair. Its pigments only work to neutralize unwanted shades.
At most, after many washes and on an almost daily basis, it will give your hair a very light purple shade.
If you want to color your hair to look like a well-defined purple, you’ll need to apply a semi-permanent color, which is formulated without ammonia and doesn’t change the hair structure because it deposits color on the surface of the hair.
This means that semi-permanent dyes fade with washing.
Plus, you have an ace up your sleeve. Want to know why?
You don’t need to bleach your hair before applying the color because you naturally have a blonde tone.
So, whether you want to neutralize unwanted shades or color your natural blonde hair purple, stick with me, because I’ll tell you:
- How to use purple shampoo to neutralize the yellow color in a natural blonde hair
- How to color your blonde hair purple step by step
Tabla de Contenidos
How to use purple shampoo to neutralize the yellow color in a naturally blonde hair
Do you know why purple shampoo works on your natural blonde hair?
Because, according to the color palette, every shade has a color that neutralizes it.
- Red is neutralized with green
- Orange is neutralized with blue
- Yellow is neutralized with purple
In the case of golden blonde hair, the base color is yellow. So, if you apply purple shampoo, the strident color of your hair will disappear leaving it ashy.
Purple shampoo does not damage hair, it is very easy to apply, and you can choose one among renowned brands, such as L’Oréal Silver, No Yellow, Shimmer Lights, etc.
- The only thing you will have to do is replace your usual shampoo with the purple shampoo. After each wash, the purple pigments will be deposited, which will neutralize the yellowish tones.
- It’s very important that every time you use the purple shampoo on your naturally blonde hair, you leave it on for a few minutes. It can be between 3 to 7 minutes, depending on the brand you have chosen.
- Remember to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Some of these shampoos are not for daily use.
What can happen if you use purple shampoo every day?
Your hair can end up with a lavender color because you’ll be depositing purple pigments in your toned hair. If you like that slight shade of purple, you can continue to use the shampoo.
If you’re just looking to neutralize the yellow, use it once in a while so that the unwanted tones don’t come back.
Now, do you want to turn your naturally blonde hair color into a deep purple?
Purple shampoo won’t do that. You’ll have to apply a semi-permanent purple color.
That’s what I’m going to talk about next.
Purple tones are in fashion. The great advantage of these colors is that they can be achieved with semi-permanent dyes. Since your hair is already blonde, you won’t have to bleach it.
Any of these dyes will deposit color on your hair fiber, without changing its structure. That’s why they fade with washing.
What do you need to apply the dye?
- Semi-permanent dye violet or purple (any brand you like)
- Dye brush
- Hair Tweezers
- Coconut oil
- Anti frizz serum
- Comb your hair and separate it into 4 sections: two in the front and two in the back. Clip them together.
- Apply the color in each section, helping you with the color brush.
- Leave it on for 40 minutes. Rinse your hair with warm water. DO NOT USE SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER.
- When you finish rinsing, remove the excess water with a towel and apply a few drops of coconut oil to moisturize your hair.
For color maintenance, you can use the purple shampoo to keep the color longer.
The purple shampoo is a tool that can be very useful on naturally blond hair, either to lower a strident yellow color or for a slight purple tone.
However, if you want to have intense purple hair, you’ll need to use a semi-permanent purple dye.
Now, tell me, what will you use purple shampoo on your naturally blonde hair for?