Are you thinking of exploiting the millions of possibilities that the Manic Panic line of fantasy hair dyes can give you?
Then I’m going to tell you a secret.
Mixing the manic panic dies with conditioner works to get more personalized and unique tones and hydrate your hair even more.
How do I know?
Because I’m a fanatic of changes to hair color, especially when it comes to fantasy tones.
I have been a mermaid with aquamarine hair, daughter of dragons with fiery red bake and a snow fairy with frozen gray hair.
I’m conscious that for some people, hair is just hair, make up is a tool and clothing is a necessity. But in my opinion, they are all pathways for self expression.
I love the challenge of taking an emotion or feeling and trying to express it through something visual. I feel the same passion for photography and the clothing I design with my sister.
I love words and really like to talk to people. But when it comes to my emotions, I prefer to express them through things like photos, clothing, music, and hair color.
I express my emotions through different tones of hair dye. And through what I’ve experienced with different colors, I’ve discovered some tricks about semi permanent dyes, that for me are marvelous.
First, I discovered that since they are semi permanent, they are easy to get rid of to change the color of your hair.
You should always keep something in mind. To get the best out of Manic Panis dyes, you should clarify your hair as much as possible.
I started by bleaching just the ends because I was afraid to bleach my whole head.
Since my hair is naturally dark brown, in order for it to take the pastel color, I had to have the ends a very light blonde.
Once I got to this point, I applied for the first time one of my favorite Manic Panic colors: mermaid.
But it ended up too strong, too intense.
How could I get the same tone, but softer?
I decided to mix the conditioner with the Manic Panic dye.
And it worked! I got a much softer and more personal color.
That’s why, if you want to start playing with pastel colors, today I will tell you:
- How to mix conditioner with Manic Panic to get unique colors
- Why I love Manic Panic colors
Will you accompany me to submerge ourselves in the infinite colors of the rainbow?
Tabla de Contenidos
How to get the perfect mixture of Manic Panic and conditioner
There’s a bit of a trick in this title. Do you realize what it is?
Very good! If you notice then you are very attentive!There is no perfect mixture between Manic Panic and conditioner.
There only exists the perfect mixture for each person, because it will depend on the tone you’re looking for.
Generally, all Manic Panic tones that I have used are very intense.
That’s why if you want to tone them down, you should mix them with conditioner.
The more conditioner you use in the mixture, the softer the color will be.
Now, be careful! You can’t use just any conditioner. It should be completely white, pure white
And now, yes, I want to explain some very important matters about how to prepare the mixture and how to apply it correctly to your hair.
How to prepare the mixture and then apply it to your hair
- I recommend that you start mixing two parts conditioner with the tone of Manic Panic that you choose.
- Once you mix both ingredients well, do a strand test.
If the color you got is what you wanted, you can proceed to dyeing your whole head.
If you want something lighter, add a bit more conditioner and if you want it darker, add more dye, but always in moderation.
- Always use rubber gloves and clothes that you don’t care if they get ruined!
I recommend that you put aside some old T-shirt’s and towels to use specifically when you dye your hair with these dyes.
Manic Panic takes thirty minutes to dye your hair, however, it can stain the sink, counters, clothes, and skin in just a few minutes.
Since it is a semi permanent dye, eventually it will go away like most things, but I have towels and shirts that’s still have blue stains despite having been washed a few times.
- Also, be careful, immediately after completing the dyeing process, your hair could stain your neck or the back part of your shirts, even if it is dry.
- Personally, I let the mixture sit for forty minutes in my hair and finally I rinse with cold water to sea the cuticles and trap the dye pigments.
One final secret? I don’t use shampoo or conditioner when I rinse out the dye, simply cold water.
Why do I love Manic Panic dyes
Basically because they are vegan and they don’t damage the hair, and when you mix them with conditioner, it leaves your hair with a much smoother and more pleasant texture.
They don’t contain ammonia, parabens, or peroxide. Instead, they have protein and restorative properties that moisturize and strengthen the hair.
- After leaving the dye in your hair for forty minutes, I feel my hair has more volume and a notable smoother.
Although I don’t like that my hair looks spongy because it’s already thick, having soft hair feels good after dealing with the unpleasant texture of bleached hair.
It smells like candy, but don’t let it fool you, you shouldn’t eat it.
- Also, it’s economical. You can buy it on Amazon, and if that isn’t enough, they bring it right to your door.
What more could you ask for?
- Since they are semi permanent dyes, enjoy the freedom of changing them when you want and you can use different types of orange when you Liz it with the conditioner, going through bright colors and even the dullest pastels.
- If you want to keep the color you got for more than a month, you should reapply the color because every time you wash your hair, the water will eliminate part of the color.
If you can wash your hair once every few days or every other day, the dye will last longer.
Now you know mixing the conditioner with Manic Panic dyescan get you much more personal colors and hydrate your hair more.
Now, tell me, what Manic Panic tone will you mix the next time with your conditioner to get a much more personal tone?