- If your hair is stretchy after bleaching, I’ll give you a three-week plan to fix it.
- During the first week, you should avoid saturating your hair with specific products. Instead, you could use any sulfate-free shampoo. Also, apply conditioner and leave it in for at least five minutes.
- The second week, wash your hair with a shampoo with keratin. Also, apply conditioner for five minutes. You could also add an avocado mask twice during the week. I’ll tell you how to prepare it.
- The third week, include an anti-breakage serum in this hair-beauty routine.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: My bleached hair gets tangled easily! What Can I Do to Fix it?
Is your hair stretchy after bleaching and do you want to fix it?
You’ve come to the right place.
Do you know why?
Today, I’ll give you an affordable three-week program to restore your hair’s health without spending a fortune. I’ll give you all the details later.
Now I want you to understand why your hair is stretchy after bleaching.
The answer is very simple: bleaching is a very aggressive chemical process that weakens your hair because it washes out one most important proteins: keratin.When hair loses keratin, it becomes stretchy.
I’d usually tell you that a keratin treatment could help you regain your hair’s health and normal texture.
However, since you bleached your hair, you cannot apply a keratin treatment. That treatment is sealed with a flat iron at high temperatures. As your hair is weakened, the keratin treatment could burn it.
Also, people usually believe that their hair is stretchy after bleaching because it lacks protein or moisture, and they don’t know what to do.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does bleached hair need protein or moisture?
Then, we’ll do something much easier and more accessible.
I need you to commit to two things:
- First, you won’t use any heat tools: no flat iron, blow dry, or curling. You won’t even expose your hair to the sun’s rays without the protection of a hat or scarf.
- Second, you’ll be consistent for three weeks with the hair beauty routine I’ll give you below.
Are you committed? Then, go ahead!
Three-week program to fix stretchy hair after bleaching
Week 1: let your hair rest from the chemical process
Yes, it’s as simple as that. It’s not about applying thousands of products and saturating the hair. Your hair deserves a break after bleaching.
Therefore, I’ll ask you to use two things: shampoo and conditioner.
Also, I’ll ask you to wash your hair up to three times this week. . If you can wash it only twice, all the better.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How often should you wash your bleached hair? What shampoo and conditioner should you use?
If you have a shampoo with keratin, you can use it. Otherwise, you should use sulfate-free shampoo. If you don’t have either shampoo, you can use your regular shampoo.
But you have to wash your hair with cold water and apply the conditioner for at least five minutes.
Week 2: Include an avocado mask in your routine
In this case, wash your hair with a shampoo with keratin. There is a great variety on the market and most of them are affordable.
Remember to wash your hair up to three times a week. You should also apply an avocado mask twice a week.
Avocado is a great source of protein and nutrients for your hair. And all you need is an avocado!
- Mash a large ripe avocado into a paste.
- Apply it to your wet hair, wrap it with a shower cap, and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, wash your hair with the shampoo with keratin and conditioner.
Week 3: Include an anti-breakage oil or serum to your hair routine
This week, you’ll continue to wash your hair up to three times and only apply the avocado mask overnight once.
After washing your hair, and once it’s dry, apply three or four drops of anti-breakage serum on the lengths and end. Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb to avoid breakage.
- If you don’t notice changes in your hair after performing this three-week program, ask your hairdresser for a professional treatment alternative.
- Alternatively, if your hair has improved, you can repeat this three-week program.
Hair may become stretchy after bleaching due to keratin loss during the process.
Follow this three-week program to restore your hair’s health. All you need is a keratin shampoo, conditioner, avocado, and an anti-breakage serum.