- You can put a blonde toner on your gray hair if your hair is blonde or extra blonde.
- If your hair is blonde with grey hair and you apply a blonde toner, you’ll disguise the grey hair by blending it with the rest.
- And if your hair is extra light blonde, you have a lot of gray hair, and you apply a blonde toner, you’ll give your hair a cooler tone.
- I’ll tell you which color and brand of blonde toner you should choose in each case.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does toner cover gray hair? For example, what about Wella toner…
Now we know that a blonde toner will only work on BLONDE hair with grays.
So, if you want to apply a blonde toner to your dark brown or light brown hair with gray hair, the toner won’t work.Remember that the toner will work on your graying blonde hair to disguise it. The toner will shade your gray hair to blend in with the rest of your blonde hair.
And this will happen whether the gray hair is gray or white.
Toner, however, isn’t a hair dye. So, if you want to cover your gray hair, even if your hair is blonde, you’ll need to apply a blonde hair dye. And you can use either a permanent or semi-permanent hair color.
So, you can apply a blonde toner to your blonde hair to disguise the gray.
Now, how much gray hair do you have? Blonde hair with 20% gray isn’t the same as 80% gray. Nor will it be the same if your hair is a light blonde 8 or an extra light blonde 10.
So, read on to see what blonde toner will do for your gray hair with these two tips in mind.
If your hair is blonde, and you have few gray hairs, you can apply a blonde toner to disguise them with ash or golden shade
In this case, you must choose a blonde toner within your hair color range.
You should also choose Wella toner because it has a wide variety of blonde toners to suit your hair color.
- T14: pale ash blonde, which not only conceals gray hair but also eliminates any orange tones in your hair.
- T28: natural blonde, a soft and delicate blonde.
- T15 or T11: light beige blonde, which will give your gray hair a caramel or honey tone.
- T27 or T35: these are Wella’s darkest blonde toners in the warm color range.
I can imagine you now. You’re probably a bit lost. But don’t worry. I was just telling you about the features of Wella’s blonde toners.
And now, I’ll tell you which of these Wella blonde toners might be best for your graying hair.
- If your hair is dark blonde 6 and you want to disguise your gray hair by giving a touch of warmth to your entire mane, you can choose Wella’s blonde toner T27 or T35.
- Alternatively, if your hair is light blonde 8 and you want to disguise your grey hair by giving it a golden hue, you can use Wella blonde toner T28.
- Finally, if your hair is a very light blonde 9 and you want to give your grey hair an ashy tone, you can opt for Wella T14 blonde toner.
Remember that the blonde toner will help to disguise your few grey hairs with a slight shade so that they blend in with the rest of your blonde hair.
You should touch up the Wella toner every two to three weeks. Remember to wash your hair less frequently with sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners if you want the blonde toner to last longer.
If your hair is extra light blonde and you have a lot of gray hair, blond toner will change the color of your hair
Almost all of your hair is white in this case. Therefore, the blonde toner will tone all of your hair. But you can’t just choose any blonde toner.If you’re looking to give a different shade to your very gray extra light blonde hair, I recommend you choose Schwarzkopf’s BlondMe line of blonde toners.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Blonde vs. Strawberry Blonde: 6 differences and the best for you
- If you want your gray hair to look like the Snow Queen, choose BlondeMe Ice, which will leave your hair almost white cold blonde.
- If you want your gray hair to shine like the desert sands, choose BlondeMe Sand, which will leave your blonde hair very pale.
- If you want your gray hair to look ashy blonde, choose BlondMe Steel Blue.
- Finally, if you want your gray hair to transform into a very soft strawberry blonde, choose BlondMe Cool Rose.
Now you know when you can apply a blonde toner to gray hair. But remember that toner is a coloring tool even more complex than hair dye.
You must consider the base color of your hair and what effect you want to achieve before applying it. A professional colorist can apply a blonde toner to gray hair without ruining the color or your hair’s health.