- Adore hair color lasts between 16 and 20 washes.
- It’ll depend on how often you wash your hair, the hair products you use, and moderate use of heat tools.
- Therefore, for the Adore hair color to last the longest (20 washes), you should wash your hair every two to three days. Also, use sulfate-free shampoos and nourish your hair with masks only once a week.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can You Mix Adore Hair Dye With Conditioner? It depends on your goal
Adore semi-permanent hair dye has strong, long-lasting pigments. So, when you apply it to your hair, you’ll wear a beautiful color for 3 to 4 weeks. However, it’s not all about the Adore hair color.
You also have to do your part for the Adore hair dye to last up to twenty washes.
What do I mean?
To help you understand the importance of this care and to ensure that your Adore hair color lasts up to 20 washes, I’ll tell you the story of Vivi and Andrea. They’re two clients who are also sisters.
Although they share everything, while Vivi’s hair has a high porosity due to the previous bleaching, Andrea’s hair has normal porosity and is very well cared for.
A few months ago, they came to the salon with very certain expectations: they wanted their hair green.
Vivi chose a “jade” shade, and Andrea opted for a “soft mint” color.
They agreed to apply semi-permanent hair color. As it was a fantasy color, it could be faded with washes if they didn’t get used to the change. That’s why I recommended Adore hair color to them.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Will my hair go back to normal after semi permanent dye?
After applying the hair dye, the results were amazing. They got a totally fresh and renewed style.Before we finished, I gave them a series of recommendations to help them make their hair color last as long as possible.
- Use sulfate and paraben-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Don’t wash your hair daily. They should do it every 48 to 72 hours
- Don’t overuse moisturizing masks and apply them only once a week.
- Don’t use straighteners and other heat tools excessively.
After two weeks, they showed up at the salon, and I instantly realized that one of them hadn’t followed my recommendations.
Vivi had the perfect color, but Andrea… her light mint hair was almost inexistent!
What was left of her hair was a duck yellow shade. In some areas, a dull green was showing through.
What had happened?
Andrea had ignored my recommendations to make sure the Adore dye lasted as long as possible.
She flat-ironed her hair every three days, kept washing it every other day, and used any shampoo because she didn’t even remember the sulfates.
So, moisturizing masks, flat ironing, and heat protectant oils were forgotten for her.
That happens when you apply an Adore hair color and don’t follow your hair care routine to make it last longer.
Are you about to dye your hair with an Adore hair dye?
Then, stay tuned because I’ll tell you:
- How to make the Adore hair dye last longer.
- What to do when the Adore hair dye fades.
Tabla de Contenidos
How to make Adore hair color last for 16 to 20 washes
There aren’t any secrets now. Adore’s duration is related to your hair beauty routine. That’s the beginning and the end of it once you use Adore hair color.
If you want to keep the Adore color longer, it all starts on the application day.
- You shouldn’t wash your hair immediately after coloring.
Ideally, you should only rinse it with cold water to remove all hair dye traces. Then, wait 72 hours for the pigments to settle. Finally, wash your hair using shampoo but not just any.
- You should use a sulfates and paraben-free shampoo.
This way, you’ll prevent the shampoos color-corrosive ingredients from fading the pigments of the Adore hair color faster.
- And if we’re talking about washes, please don’t wash your hair every day!
If you do, you’ll dry it out because it loses the natural moisture produced by the scalp.
Wash your hair a maximum of three times a week and use cold water. Hot water, instead, opens the hair cuticles, and that’s when the Adore hair color pigments escape.
- Finally, if you want the Adore hair color to last up to 20 washes, protect your hair from the heat.
You can protect it from the sun by using hair sunscreens and hats. Alternatively, protect it from heat tools such as straighteners, curling irons, and blow dryers. If you must use a hairdryer, use it at a low temperature and apply a heat protectant.
You can also include a color depositing shampoo in your routine
This type of shampoo deposits pigments with each wash to extend the duration of the Adore hair dye. You can even make your own.
- Add half a bottle of Adore hair dye to your sulfate-free shampoo. The proportion should always be 50% shampoo, and 50% Adore hair dye. So, if you have 100 ml of shampoo, you’ll need 100 ml of Adore.
- Mix until the components are integrated.
Use it every time you wash your hair and leave it on for 3 to 7 minutes so that the pigments settle well.
Regardless of how careful you are with your hair care routine eventually, the Adore hair color will fade.
Have you thought about what you’ll do when that happens?
Don’t worry. I have some suggestions for you below.
What to do when your Adore hair color fades
When the Adore hair dye fades, you have two options:
- Re-color your hair back to the same Adore shade
- Choose another color from the range offered by Adore
Adore offers a color palette with more than 30 options from the lightest, such as pastel yellow, to the darkest, such as violet or midnight blue.If you choose lighter shades, you must make sure that no traces of the previous color remain because it could alter the result.
You can also go back to traditional colors. However, I recommend that you apply Adore permanent hair dye. It’ll cover any traces of the semi-permanent hair dye without the need for bleaching.
Adore also has a wide range of permanent hair dye colors that you can use if it’s your favorite brand. It also provides excellent grays coverage.
As long as you take care of your hair routine, Adore hair dye will last for up to twenty washes. It’s not a big deal either. Just wash your hair every two to three days using sulfate-free shampoos, and don’t overuse heat tools.
And if you want to nourish and moisturize your hair, apply a mask only once a week.