- Although Color Oops may work to remove semi-permanent dyes like Arctic Fox, it isn’t the best choice.
- Color Oops is designed to remove hair dye pigments that are deposited inside the hair. Arctic Fox pigments only deposit on the outside of the hair.
- There are some less aggressive methods to remove Arctic Fox or any other semi-permanent hair dye. Don’t forget that Color Oops removes the hair dye, but it also dries out the hair and can cause breakage.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to remove arctic fox hair dye without damaging your hair
Things don’t work by magic, especially when it comes to color removers.
Color Oops is no exception.
Color Oops penetrates your hair breaking the chemical bonds of the pigments to expel the artificial hair dye.
This works if you colored your hair with semi-permanent hair color because it alters the color from the hair core.
However, Arctic Fox or other similar semi-permanent hair dyes don’t penetrate the core of the hair. So, the process works differently.
They just create a film of pigment that coats each hair strand.
Therefore, if you apply Color Oops to remove Arctic Fox, the chemical reaction will be exaggerated and will have consequences for your hair health.
It’s like the flu. Doctors don’t prescribe antibiotics because they fight bacteria, not viruses. And cases of flu are viral.
So, in that case, the doctor will generally prescribe you some anti-flu or medicine to fight the fever, but never an antibiotic.
Moreover, antivirals are over-the-counter, unlike antibiotics, which are only available by prescription.
If you were prescribed an antibiotic to fight the flu, you would most likely continue having flu symptoms while your intestinal flora would also be affected.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Color Oops Ruined My Hair, what can I do? Do this starting today!!!
Something similar happens with color removers.
If you applied Arctic Fox on your hair, and you don’t like the color or want to change it, using a color remover could be exaggerated. After all, Arctic Fox dye fades with washes.There are much safer and easier ways to remove Arctic Fox or other semi-permanent hair colors.
I’m going to tell you how to remove Arctic Fox, or any other semi-permanent hair dye, in the least possible aggressive way.
As I know you’re impatient, I’ll also explain how to do it using Color Oops, although I repeat, this should be your last option.
Tabla de Contenidos
How to remove Arctic Fox and other similar hair dyes (without using Color Oops)
It doesn’t matter if you chose Arctic Fox, Manic Panic, or Splat. They’re all semi-permanent hair dyes that fade with washes.
Still, they could fade unevenly. Then, some color traces could remain in the hair.
Will you expose your hair to dryness by using Color Oops only for some Arctic Fox color traces?
It’s really not worth it, trust me.You have much gentler alternatives at hand, and they won’t damage your hair as much. Which ones?
I’ll tell you about them and classify them according to your hair’s health.
Let’s start with the most damaged hair because it’s all about removing Arctic Fox but preserving your hair.
Removing Arctic Fox on damaged hair
- Wash your hair every day and use the cheapest conditioner you can find. As it contains sulfates, the color will fade quickly without damaging your hair. Also, as conditioners contain moisturizers, they’ll balance the damage.
- Apply moisturizing masks with ceramides overnight and rinse in the morning. Ceramides moisturize your hair but are very corrosive to color.
- Apply warm olive oil to your hair. Then, wash it with lots of shampoo. Olive oil completely removes the pigment particles from the hair.
Removing Arctic Fox on mild to moderately damaged hair
We still prioritize hair health. Therefore, before using any of the following methods to remove Arctic Fox or any other semi-permanent hair color, you should moisturize your hair.
You can use coconut oil overnight or moisturizing masks. Try to do these treatments at least once a week before removing the Arctic Fox.
Once you’ve moisturized your hair, it’s time to move on to the next step. You’ll use clarifying shampoo, which is peroxide and ammonia-free.
- Wet your hair and apply the clarifying shampoo.
- Massage your hair so that the product penetrates and leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse without applying any conditioner, and blow-dry your hair.
- If you still see traces of the Arctic Fox hair dye, you can repeat the process two more times the same day.
And now, it’s time for the impatient ones, those who can’t wait to remove the Arctic Fox hair dye.
Removing Arctic Fox hair dye from healthy hair with Color Oops…and at your own risk.
For the last time, Color Oops is too strong a color remover to remove semi-permanent hair color.
Ultimately, it’s up to you.
I hope you make the right choice, considering that I explained to you the consequences. I also offered you some less aggressive methods for your hair. However, I repeat, the decision is yours.
Have you made your decision?
Let me offer you some tips to protect your hair during the Color Oops application:
- Choose Color Oops Extra Conditioning, which will double your hair’s moisture.
- Don’t wash your hair 72 hours before using the remover and apply it to dry hair.
- RESPECT THE EXPOSURE TIMES. Don’t leave the product more or less than directed.
Step 1: Prepare the mixture
Inside the color remover kit, you’ll find two containers: the smaller one identified with a number 1 and the larger one with a number 2.
Pour container number 1 into container 2, cover it, and shake to blend the two liquids.
Step 2: Apply the mixture to your hair
With gloves on and your hair dry and unwashed for 72 hours, separate 4 sections, from ear to ear and from roots to ends.
Start applying the mixture. Distribute it from roots to ends with your hands.
Be sure to massage each strand to distribute the product.
Step 3: Leave the mixture to work
Once you finish applying the mixture all over your hair, cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes.
Step 4: Rinse
Finally, remove the Color Oops by rinsing your hair with warm water and letting the water run over your entire mane for another 20 minutes.
You can use your regular shampoo as many times as you wish if the Color Oops smell persists.
Once you’ve removed the Arctic Fox using the Color Oops, it’s time to face another reality. Your hair will probably be dry.
However, you already knew that when you made your decision. So now, let your hair rest for a few days, i.e. don’t apply any chemical process and use coconut oil or aloe vera masks to restore moisture.
Even though color removers like Color Oops work on Arctic Fox or other semi-permanent hair dyes, they’re too aggressive for your hair.
The future of your hair health is in your hands. So, it’s up to you to decide.