- According to the manufacturer, the longer you leave Arctic Fox in your hair, the darker the color will be.
- So you generally leave Arctic Fox in your hair for 20-30 minutes. But if you want to achieve a darker color, leave it in for up to 40 minutes.
- For example, if you choose Virgin Pink, you can leave it on for ten minutes to make your hair pastel pink. Or leave it in for 40 minutes to achieve a deep pink.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can you mix Arctic Fox hair dye with conditioner? Will it create a pastel shade?
Now do you understand why semi-permanent hair dyes like Arctic Fox have revolutionized the market?
Because leaving Arctic Fox in your hair longer will help you achieve a more or less intense color, depending on the shade you’ve chosen.
In other words, buying a bottle of Arctic Fox dye can achieve different color intensities depending on how long you leave it in your hair.
Would you like to hear about one of my clients?
I have an excellent relationship with almost all my clients, but Renata is a special case. At seventeen, she is pure energy, vibrating from the crown of her head to the tips of her toes.
She asked me to plan a bleach for her two years ago because she wanted to dye her hair pink, like many of her favorite stars. After several months, we got to an extra light blonde, to dye it pink.
And she chose the Arctic Fox brand. How does Renata use it?
- Some months, she leaves Electric Paradise on for up to 40 minutes to achieve an extra intense pink.
- Other times, when she’s not in the mood to be the center of the universe, she leaves the same Electric Paradise on for ten minutes to make her hair a coral pink.
Renata uses Arctic Fox to help her achieve a softer or deeper color from the same dye, depending on how long she leaves it in her hair.
Also, Arctic Fox doesn’t contain ammonia and you don’t apply it with developer. So it’s not as aggressive as permanent hair dye. And if that weren’t enough, it also contains some moisturizing agents in its formula. That means it will also add moisture to your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: Is Arctic Fox Permanent, or Does it Wash Out Completely? Here’s the truth
Let’s look at some examples of how Arctic Fox can help you if you leave it in your hair for longer:
- If you apply Iris Green and leave it on for 20 minutes, you’ll achieve a striking green. However, if you leave it on for 40 minutes, you’ll get to a more intense green.
- If you apply Poseidon and leave it for 10 minutes, your hair will be light blue. But if you leave it for 40 minutes, your hair will turn an intense blue.
- If you apply Purple AF, you can leave it between 10 to 40 minutes. You can achieve up to three different violet shades.
In short, if you leave Arctic Fox on your hair for 10 to 20 minutes, you’ll get pastel colors. And if you leave it on for 30 to 40 minutes, you’ll get more intense colors.
The darker the color you choose from Arctic Fox, the less time you should leave it on if you want a pastel color. The lighter the color, the longer you should leave it on if you want an intense color.
What to consider before leaving Arctic Fox in your hair for longer
- The lighter or pastel colors from Arctic Fox must be applied on bleached hair. If your hair is light brown 5 and you apply Arctic Fox Frosé, even if you leave it on for 40 minutes, your hair won’t turn pastel pink.
- Wash your hair with shampoo before dyeing it and don’t use conditioner.
- Always apply Arctic Fox on clean, dry hair. This is essential. Because if your hair has traces of dust or hair products in it, the dye will leave a blotchy color in your hair.
- Use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners to make the color last longer.
Leaving Arctic Fox in your hair longer will help you achieve a more intense color. You usually leave Arctic Fox in for 20-30 minutes. However, you can leave it on for up to 40 minutes for a more intense color.