Have you seen Arctic Fox Wrath and fallen in love with it’s bright red?
If so, you’re not the only one.
The same thing happened to me a few months ago.
But before you run out and buy it, there’s something you should keep in mind.
- It’s important to note that if you have dark brown or black hair, you’ll have to bleach it to get Arctic Fox Wrath’s intense red.
- There’s simply no other option. Bleaching lightens your hair by several levels, so you can apply the desired color.
- If you don’t bleach your hair, and instead apply Arctic Fox Wrath directly on dark hair, the color will be almost imperceptible.
If you want the bright, intense red on the bottle, you have two options:
- Bleach your hair first.
- Apply it to your unprocessed hair, knowing you won’t get the bright red you see on Instagram.
If you’re wondering how I know, it’s from experience.
I wanted to try Arctic Fox Wrath too. And, because I’m stubborn, I tried the second option and didn’t bleach my hair first.
Are you curious about what happened?
If you, like me, love burgundy tones, keep reading. Because we’re going to discuss:
- What happens when you apply Arctic Fox Wrath to dark hair
- The best way to apply Arctic Fox Wrath to dark hair
If you dream of dyeing your hair a deep red, don't give up, because I'm here to help.
Tabla de Contenidos
What happens when you apply Arctic Fox Wrath to dark hair
If there's something I love, it's the color deep red. It reminds me of the lovely Bordeaux wines, my boyfriend and I share every anniversary.
Or the beautiful burgundy orchid he gave me on our first anniversary, that still blooms every spring and reminds me of that particular moment.
So, when I saw a girl with beautiful burgundy hair on Instagram, it was as if the universe was telling me I had to dye my hair that color. When I read the comments, I learned the girl used the Arctic Fox Wrath.
And I thought: that's it!
Have I mentioned I'm a bit hyper?
Well, if I haven't, let me say: I'm super hyper!
So, I had both Arctic Fox Wrath, and everything else I needed to dye my hair, within hours.
I played some music (because that makes everything better) and applied the dye while listening to Shakira.
On the bottle, the color looked terrific, and it would look even better in my hair.
- I anxiously waited for the product to process, dreaming about how surprised my boyfriend would be when he saw my flaming red hair.
- But, once I rinsed out the dye and looked in the mirror, I thought I was going to cry. Initially, I thought I couldn't see the red because my hair was wet, and tried drying it with a hairdryer.
- Even dry, my hair was the same dark brown, with some very subtle red highlights.
What went wrong?
After an hour of researching on google, I finally found the answer.
Because I had not bleached my hair, the dye could not work properly.While the pigments in the dye had been deposited into my hair like normal, my base color was so dark it was impossible to see the new color.
Here's where bleach comes in. Bleach opens up the hair cuticle, and lifts and removes the hair's natural pigment. This process lightens the hair two or three levels.
Usually, bleached hair changes to a yellow blond shade. The blonder is it is, the more the dye will show up in your hair.
It's a pretty straightforward idea, but I was in such a hurry I didn't even stop to think about it.
After using Arctic Fox Wrath, my hair was as brown as ever, and I had thrown away eight dollars. Although that's not a matter of life or death, I would rather not waste money either.
At this point, I knew my only option was to bleach my hair.
Would it be worth the trouble?
Keep reading to find out!
How to bleach your hair before using Arctic Fox Wrath
Would it be worth the effort to go through all the trouble of bleaching my hair? For that shade of beautiful burgundy, I would do anything.
So I got to work.
I mixed the bleaching powder with 30 volume developer. Once it was thoroughly mixed, I applied it to my hair.
But before I continue, I should warn you.
I had virgin hair that had never been bleached or dyed before.
Because my hair was so healthy, I decided to take the risk of bleaching it at home.If your hair is damaged, it's better to find a qualified professional to bleach it.
Basically, getting Arctic Fox Wrath's vibrant red takes two steps.
- Bleach your hair.
- Apply your new great color.
Now let's take an in-depth look at how to do both of these steps.
How to bleach your hair
- Going back to how I bleached my hair, after applying the bleach I kept a close eye on my hair for twenty minutes while it processed and rinsed. Now it was ready to dye red.
- I let my hair air dry to prevent any further damage, and once it was dry, put my gloves on and started to apply the red dye.
How to apply Arctic Fox Wrath
- When applying the dye, start at the roots and work to the ends. Then cover it with a plastic cap and wait.
- While the instructions say to wait twenty minutes, I leave mine in for half an hour to be safe.
- After all, Arctic Fox Wrath contains a conditioner to protect hair from some of the damaging effects of hair dye.
- Finally, rinse your hair with cold water (they say it removes less of the dye) and take a look at your new locks in the mirror.
When I first took a look in the mirror after dying my hair, I couldn't believe my eyes.
My hair had transformed from a dark brown to an intense red that made even the most exquisite burgundy wine look pale in comparison.
I did it! But I had to bleach my hair to get that beautiful burgundy.
Did I regret it?
Not for a second!
Even though it took some effort, I had the color I wanted, without damaging my hair.
Thanks to Arctic Fox Wrath's formula, which is vegan, free of harmful chemicals, and even includes a conditioner.
And when my boyfriend saw my new look for the first time, he was surprised, to say the least.
So surprised he took off running. Yes, you read that right.
I froze, agape, as I'm sure many of you would have.
I thought he hated the color. I thought he was gone for good, and even though of throwing out my orchid.
But ten minutes later, I heard a knock on the door. He was back, with a bottle of our favorite Burgundy wine in his hands.
I'll let you guess what happened next.
He loved my hair as much as I did.
So there you have it. If you want the intense burgundy of Arctic Fox Wrath, you'll have to bleach your hair first.
Now it's your turn to share: would you try Arctic Fox Wrath?