- You must wait at least three weeks to use peroxide soon after applying Colour B4 to your hair. And that’s the minimum you should wait.
- Of course, that’s unless you want to end up with permanent hair damage.
- So, before applying peroxide, you should know your hair’s porosity. I’ll tell you later how to do that and repair and nourish your hair.
Do you want me to tell you a secret?
As a stylist, I would never recommend using a color remover. At least, I wouldn’t recommend it if you don’t have experience in coloring and using this kind of product.
Color removers, like Colour B4, are very aggressive to the hair. Apart from opening the cuticles to expel the pigments of the hair dyes, they weaken them.
When your hair is weakened, it has maximum porosity. So, it’ll absorb everything you apply to it like a sponge.
- It will absorb the good stuff, like nourishing treatments.
- But also all the bad stuff, like peroxide. It’s a chemical that can cause breakage and hair loss in healthy hair.
Can you imagine what peroxide could do to your hair that is dehydrated and dried out after applying Colour B4?
Your hair would break off, and you’d start to experience hair loss due to breakage. It means you’ll have longer and shorter strands of hair, even from the roots.
Before applying a new corrosive chemical treatment, you’ll need to repair your hair. It’ll take at least 3 weeks.
That’s how long the manufacturer of Colour B4 recommends waiting before applying chemicals to your hair, including peroxide.
Do you think your hair is not that damaged?
Tabla de Contenidos
- Perform the porosity test on your hair, and you’ll find that you can’t apply peroxide soon after using Colour B4.
- Repairing treatments to use soon after Colour B4 and before applying peroxide
- A treatment that can do wonders after ColourB4
Perform the porosity test on your hair, and you’ll find that you can’t apply peroxide soon after using Colour B4.
The only way to find out is to do a porosity test on your hair.
You’ll find out the condition of your hair after using Colour B4. Then, you’ll rule out the idea of using peroxide.
Your hair is alive, and every strand from root to tip absorbs nutrients and water.Porosity is the hair’s capacity to absorb nutrients and moisture from every treatment you do.
When the cuticles are spread out, the hair’s core can absorb and retain moisture from the products you apply.
After Colour B4, your hair cuticles are fully open and ready to absorb whatever you apply to your hair. Including peroxide.
Let’s do a little experiment to see how porous your hair is after using Colour B4.
- Fill a glass with water at room temperature
- Drop in a long strand of your hair that is shedding.
- Leave it for 2 to 4 minutes and observe
What happened to your hair?
- If your hair floats, it’s low porosity and doesn’t absorb moisture.
- If your hair sinks slowly to the middle of the glass: it’s medium porosity.
- If your hair sinks immediately, you’re in trouble. You should start a repair and moisturizing treatment immediately to avoid more hair loss.
In that case, you can’t use peroxide. Otherwise, you’ll only damage your hair.
There’re several treatments you can apply, and here’s what they are.
Repairing treatments to use soon after Colour B4 and before applying peroxide
There’re endless options of repair treatments on the market. After applying Colour B4, you should let your hair rest from harsh chemicals for at least three weeks.
In that case, the range of hair products offers you several all-natural options.
COCO & CO
Natural extra virgin coconut oil for deeply damaged hair. It’s for frequent use and can also be used to moisturize your skin.
- Apply the oil all over your dry hair, from roots to ends, before washing it.
- Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes
- Rinse with shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat this routine 2 to 3 times a week.
100% natural, organic Moroccan argan oil. It’s one of the most popular oils in the world and is for frequent use.
- Apply a few drops of the oil to your scalp. Then, from roots to ends.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with shampoo.
- Repeat this routine 3 times a week.
A treatment that can do wonders after ColourB4
The only chemical treatment you can apply soon after using Colour B4 is Olaplex. It rebuilds the bonds that bind the keratin in our hair, which break during chemical processes.
It would be impossible to bind the proteins in our hair without those bonds. OLAPLEX restructures the hair’s DNA, repairing your hair from the inside out.
Olaplex 3: deep restructuring and repairing treatment
- Divide your hair into 4 sections, from forehead to nape and from ear to ear, holding them with hair clips.
- Apply a moderate amount to each section of hair.
- Comb through the sections until the hair is covered with product.
- Leave on for at least 10 minutes. Keep in mind that the longer you leave it on your hair, the more results you’ll get.
- Then, rinse your hair with plenty of lukewarm, almost cold water.
- If you want to use a hairdryer, I recommend using it at a low or cold temperature.
A piece of advice?
Remember that your hair is seriously damaged. So, my advice is to leave it on for at least 120 minutes.
Olaplex 4 and 5: maintenance shampoo and conditioner. They complement Olaplex 3 and maintain hair hydration.
- Wet your hair and apply Olaplex 4. Leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and apply Olaplex 5. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse and dry. Repeat the procedure every time you wash your hair.
As you can see, repairing the damage caused by a color remover is no easy task. So, before applying any treatment, you should be very careful to avoid damaging your hair.
You shouldn’t apply peroxide to your hair soon after using Color B4, not even the proportion of peroxide included in permanent hair dyes.
You should always wait at least three weeks before applying any type of chemical to restore your hair to health. Otherwise, you’ll start to experience breakage and hair loss.