- Yes, purple hair dye is one of the best options for coloring hair that turned orange after bleaching.
- There are only two things to consider. First, your hair’s health. Secondly, your hair’s resulting orange shade after bleaching.
- If your hair is dry or brittle, I recommend a semi-permanent purple hair dye. Alternatively, if your hair is healthy or has a lot of gray hair, you can choose a permanent hair dye.
- Your chosen purple hair dye should be related to the base orange tone: if your orange is light, you can choose any purple hair dye. If the orange is dark, you should choose a darker and more intense purple hair dye.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: 8 best permanent and semi-permanent purple hair dyes for all tastes and budgets
Why is dyeing bleached orange hair purple a good option?
Because purple is one of the most commonly used shades during neutralization. As it contains blue, it’ll remove the orange pigmentation immediately.
However, before applying the purple hair dye on your bleached orange hair, you should check your hair’s health. The idea is to decide if you’ll use a semi-permanent or permanent hair dye.
- If your hair is damaged or dry after bleaching, I recommend a semi-permanent hair color. It doesn’t contain ammonia, and it’s applied without a developer. This way, you’ll protect your hair without causing more damage.
- On the other hand, if you have gray hair, you should choose a permanent hair dye because it lasts longer and covers gray hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: 5 Longest-Lasting Purple Hair Dyes
There’s an even more interesting detail. You can choose different colors to highlight your features within the permanent and semi-permanent purple hair range dyes.
- If your skin is dark, choose lavender or lighter shades. They’ll brighten your face.
- If your skin is pale or fair, choose darker or medium tones. They’ll bring out the best in your features.
Without wasting any more time, let’s get the engines running towards purple.
Tabla de Contenidos
What type of hair dye to use on bleached orange hair?
Any purple hair dye contains blue pigments that completely neutralize the orange. Neutralization is an ideal process for your bleached orange hair. Therefore, either a permanent or a semi-permanent purple hair dye will work perfectly.
Which one to choose?
It all depends on the condition of your hair. So, how do you evaluate it?
- If you lose hair when you comb it, your hair is brittle.
- If your hair is rough to the touch and you have a hard time combing it when it’s wet, your hair is dry and dehydrated.
So, if your hair is brittle and dry, you should use a purple semi-permanent hair color.
If your hair has a lot of gray, you should use permanent hair color to guarantee full gray coverage.
Have you chosen a purple hair color for your bleached orange hair?
Then, it’s time to find out which are the best brands and what purple shades they offer.
6 best permanent and semi-permanent purple hair dyes for bleached orange hair
We’ll start with the semi-permanent purple dyes because they’re ideal for your fragile and brittle bleached orange hair. As they don’t contain harsh chemicals, they won’t damage your hair even more.
Semi-permanent purple hair dyes for orange hair
1- Color X-Change
This is one of the most well-known brands because of the strength of its pigments. It lasts for more than 20 washes and has several purple shades.
- If your base is light orange, you could choose the SPLASH OF PURPLE.
- If your base is medium or dark orange, you could choose the PLUSHY PURPLE
It offers four purple shades. You can choose the one that best suits your style. The purple shades are unique and last approximately 20 washes.
- If your base is light orange, you could choose 90 LAVENDER
- If your base is medium orange, you could choose 113 AFRICAN VIOLET
- If your base is dark orange, you could choose 116 PURPLE RAGE or 114 VIOLET GEM
3- Punky Colour
It’s another well-known brand due to the quality of its pigments and its original purple shades.
- If your base is light orange, you could choose PLUM
- If your base is medium orange, you could choose PURPLE
- If your base is dark orange, you could choose VIOLET
Beyond the brand, you must consider the shade’s intensity: the lighter the hair dye, the lighter the orange base must be. Otherwise, it won’t neutralize it.
Permanent purple hair color for orange hair
4- L’Oreal HiColor
This line of hair dyes offers three different shades for you to choose the best for your look. They’re intense and deep shades. So, there won’t be any problems if your bleached hair has a dark orange color.
- TRUE VIOLET
- DEEP VIOLET
- RED VIOLET
5- Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color
It’s another brand that offers you quality purple pigments for maximum gray coverage.
- L1 SWEET FIG
- V2 DARK INTENSE VIOLET
- M2 SWEET GRENADINE
6- Schwarzkopf Color Ultime
This brand has also a line of purple colors with excellent quality pigments. It offers you two shades:
- 23 BRUSHED BERRY
- 3 METALLIC VIOLET
Now you know what kind of hair dye and purple shade to apply to your orange hair. Still, there’re other things to consider.
What to consider before applying purple hair dye to bleached orange hair
While purple is an easy shade to maintain, you should pay attention to the products you use in your hair care routine. Some can deteriorate purple hair dye pigments more quickly.
Therefore, I recommend that you use sulfate-free shampoo because sulfates are corrosive chemicals for the color. If you use a shampoo with sulfates, the purple color will turn dull a few weeks after application.
All the best-known hair cosmetics brands have launched sulfate-free shampoos on the market. For example, the vast majority of Ogx products are sulfate-free. Also, the Ever Pure line from L’Oreal.
There’re also shampoos from lesser-known brands but of equal quality. In many cases, they’re even better than the well-known brands. A few of them are Herbal Hessences or Hask Beauty.
You don’t have to suffer anymore wearing orange in your bleached hair. Now you can apply a purple hair dye to achieve a unique and bold tone.
You only have to check your hair’s orange tone intensity. The more intense the orange, the darker the purple you should go for.
If your hair is too brittle after bleaching, your best option is a semi-permanent purple hair color.