- If your bleached hair has dry and frizzy ends, I recommend you use argan oil twice a week. Apply it to your hair, and don’t rinse it out
- Alternatively, if your bleached hair is dry, frizzy, and dull, I recommend using it three times a week. You should apply it as a mask and leave it on for thirty minutes.
- If your bleached hair is very rough, weak, and brittle, I recommend using argan oil once a week. In this case, you should leave it on overnight.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can I oil my hair after keratin treatment? Coconut or Argan oil?
Can I dye my hair with oil in it? What could happen if I do?
Do you think your bleached hair needs a vitamin and nutrient boost?
Then, argan oil is an excellent idea.
This natural oil is a great natural repairer for bleached hair. You may have already realized that bleaching is a very aggressive chemical process for hair.
Your hair is probably damaged. So, before you start using argan oil you should know how damaged it is.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does bleached hair need protein or moisture?
That’s what will determine how often you should use the oil.
- Does your bleached hair have dry ends and frizz? Then, it has mild damage.
- Is your bleached hair dry, frizzy, and dull? The damage is moderate in that case.
- Is your bleached hair frizzy, dry, and coarse, and do you notice increased hair loss when you comb or wash it? Your hair is severely damaged from bleaching.
But don’t worry. You can use argan oil to repair it.
We’ll delve into how to do it in each case below.
If your bleached hair has light damage, use argan oil twice a week, and don’t rinse it out
Slight hair damage after bleaching is very common. It happens when the hair cuticles open to expel the heat. They lose moisture and nutrients.
As a result, your hair is frizzy. You’ll probably find it harder to style and you’ll notice dry ends.
But don’t be discouraged. Argan oil contains a high concentration of amino acids and vitamin E, which will repair your hair cuticles after a few applications.
But you have to be consistent. If you apply argan oil only once, your cuticles won’t be repaired.
Therefore, you need to apply argan oil to your bleached hair at least twice a week. Remember not to rinse it out.
- Comb and detangle your dry, clean hair. This will make it easier for you to apply the oil evenly.
- Place three or four drops of oil in your hand and rub your palms together to warm it up.
- Apply the oil from lengths to ends and distribute it to the roots.
- Don’t rinse the oil out and comb your hair again.
You can eliminate frizz using argan oil twice a week on your bleached hair.
If you notice that your ends don’t improve, I recommend trimming them to remove the most damaged parts.
If your bleached hair has moderate damage, use argan oil three times a week
If your hair has moderate damage after bleaching, it was probably damaged before the bleaching process. Bleaching worsened the situation.
Alternatively, your hair may be damaged after bleaching because you left the bleach on longer than necessary.
What do I mean?
Bleach is always left on for up to twenty minutes. Not a minute longer.
After the first twenty minutes, the chemical reaction of the bleach slows down, and the hair begins to absorb the chemicals to replenish the moisture lost in the process.
What will happen then?
At first, you won’t notice anything.
Then, after washing your hair two or three times, you’ll notice that it’s very dull and coarse.
It’s so coarse that the lengths and ends will have a different texture.
That means your bleached hair lacks moisture and nutrients.
But there’s still time to save your hair.You can use argan oil three times a week and leave it on for twenty minutes. Remember to keep this repair routine for at least one month.
- In this case, you can apply the argan oil to your dry or damp hair. Your hair has to be clean so that it can more easily absorb the oil.
- Apply ten drops of argan oil to your hands, rub your palms together to activate the properties with heat, and apply it to the lengths and ends.
- Massage the lengths intensely so that the oil penetrates into the hair fiber.
- You can apply more oil if you notice that your hair absorbed it too quickly.
- Comb your hair back into a ponytail or bun and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave the oil on for twenty minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
Maintain this routine for a month and evaluate the results. If the health of your bleached hair has improved, you can continue to use argan oil once a fortnight.
If your bleached hair is severely damaged, you should use argan oil once a week overnight
I hope very few readers are reading this section. Intense damage to bleached hair is the most difficult problem to fix.
Therefore, as a professional colorist, my advice is that if your hair breaks from the root after bleaching, you go to a salon to get professional hair repair treatment.
You can even visit a dermatologist.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: 9 Tips to fix your hair burned from bleaching and stop suffering
If you notice that your hair is very dry, dull, and you lose a lot of hair when you detangle or wash it, you can use argan oil to start repairing it.
You should use it as an intensive repair treatment. Apply it once a week and leave it on overnight.
- Comb your dry hair and apply fifteen drops of argan oil from roots to ends.
- Massage all over your hair and comb through to distribute the oil evenly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap to keep it warm all night and your pillow with a towel to avoid staining.
- The next morning, wash your hair with warm water and shampoo. You can use a small amount of conditioner.
Since your bleached hair has intense damage, apply argan oil once a week for a month, use heat tools less frequently, and choose sulfate-free products.
You can even opt for shampoos and conditioners with argan oil.
Argan oil is ideal for repairing bleached hair because it contains a lot of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and fatty acids.
You have to be consistent with your bleached hair repair routine and use the oil as often as I have recommended in this article.