Are you thinking about dyeing your hair black? Do you want to know if the color suits you?
I will help you make the best decision for your hair.
As a preview, I will tell you this:
- Dyeing hair black has as many advantages as disadvantages.
- On the one hand, dark hair provides total gray coverage and, if your hair is naturally dark, it will need very low maintenance.
- However, if you have expression lines, wrinkles, or if your skin or base tone is very light, black will not be your color.
- Also, consider that black is one of the most difficult pigments to remove from hair. That is what I will tell you about in a moment.
As you can see, black dye is not just about choosing a color. It offers great advantages, but it also has considerable drawbacks. If the dilemma of dyeing your hair black has been haunting you for a couple of days, let me help you find out if it is right for you.
Tabla de Contenidos
Why is it that black dye is not good for everyone?
Before you dye your hair, there are a few things to consider. For example, the use of heat tools.
Do you blow-dry your hair or straighten it with a flat iron? Do you swim?
Then, you should know that all these appliances could reduce the life of the color of your choice. Of course, this affects all colors. However, in the case of black dye, if your base shade is clear, such as brown or blond, the roots will show much faster.
That means that you will need to apply more dye. This, in turn, can lead to further damage to the hair, such as dehydration and weakness.
A completely different story are permanent dyes because they contain ammonia, which opens the hair cuticles to deposit the new color in them . This way, you will need to color your hair more often, which means more damage, and so on.
Do you like to change the tone of your hair more often than not?
Bad news for you! Black dye is very difficult to remove and will leave traces in your hair for a long time. When I say a long time, I mean months and months. There are only two ways to remove black dye and I will tell you about that later.
However, first, let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of black dye.
The most important advantages and disadvantages of dyeing your hair black
Everything has its ups and downs. When my mother told me to choose, I always chose the ups firstly, that is, the good news.
So let us start with the advantages of dyeing your hair black.
- Are you very gray-haired? Black dye can be an excellent option because, being one of the strongest pigments, it guarantees a greater gray coverage.
- Is your base color in the range of brown to dark brown?
Black can be an excellent option if you want a change of look because you will not have to worry about maintenance, as the roots will go unnoticed.
- What is the mystery of black dye? Well, some say that it gives the idea of luxury and strength. If we think of Cleopatra, we could agree.
What will give you confidence, though, is your high self-esteem. If you look good, you will convey confidence. That has to do with much deeper issues than a dye pack, don’t you think?
- Now, let us look at the bad news. Well, I am not sure they are so bad. If you do not want to dye your hair black, you can always find an incredible variety of shades.
There are even brands that offer more than seventy different shades. So, cheer up if black is not for you!
- Let us start analyzing your face. Take a mirror and take a good look at yourself.
Are your expression lines too sharp? Believe it or not, these lines have nothing to do with age. Many people have very marked expression lines at the corners of their lips because of the way they smile.
- How about wrinkles? In that case, probably dark dye will harden your features and make them stand out.
- This continues as follows: keep looking in the mirror. What is your skin tone? Is your skin fair?
In that case, black dye is not good for you because it will make you look like a dark Goth woman. Of course, that is not bad at all, but if it is not what you are looking for, you will achieve an adverse effect.
We still have the worst aspect of the black dye, and it is removing it in case you do not like it or you get bored and want to change the color.
At that point, you will have a black tough time, literally speaking.
Why is black dye the most difficult one to remove?
I told you earlier that black dye pigments are the strongest ones in the color palette. Therefore, if you regret your change, there are only two ways to get rid of it.
- The first one is to get a haircut.
Yeah, you read correctly. You will have to cut your hair short or let it grow out until you feel encouraged to cut it.In this process, you will need to face the fact of looking in the mirror and having two different colors on your head.
Living like this is not much fun, is it?
- If you do not want to cut your hair, there is still one more option, and that is to clarify it with a full bleach.
However, watch out! This is an aggressive chemical process for hair, much like bleaching.
This technique is widely used in hairdressing salons, and bleaching powder is necessary.
Bleaching powder creates a chemical reaction that must be done correctly. Otherwise, selecting an incorrect oxidant, performing wrong exposure time, and having not qualified supervision, you could lose much more than your hair color.
You could burn your hair, eventually. So, please do this process with professionals.
Before you dye your hair black, you should think very carefully. It is not just about looking more mysterious or confident.
It is about assessing real issues that have to do with your hair base tone, your skin color, your facial expression lines, and even how much you are willing to invest in color maintenance.
- If your base shade is brown to dark brown, black may be a good choice for you.
- Nevertheless, if you have very marked expression lines, wrinkles, or your base shade is very light, you should think twice, three times and even four times.
- Remember that there are only two ways to remove black dye: cutting your hair or removing it with a chemical process.
So, after looking in the mirror, do you think black color is for you?