- The best toner for caramel highlights is Wella because it offers three different alternatives according to your base color.
- If your hair is light brown 5, apply Wella Color Charm T35 to give your highlights a dark caramel tone.
- If your hair is dark blonde 6, you can apply Wella Color Charm T27 for medium caramel highlights.
- And if your hair is blonde 7, opt for Wella Color Charm T15 for beautiful light caramel highlights.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: What toner should you use to cancel out unwanted tones on brown hair? Ash, blue or green?
Why are caramel highlights so successful?
Because they suit all skin types from brunette to pale. They also bring warmth and light to the face.
However, when caramel highlights lose their pigmentation, the world comes crashing down!
Believe me, I’ve seen it on dozens of clients. But worst of all, they make the mistake of applying any toner that comes their way. And when that happens, bye-bye caramel highlights!
If your caramel highlights have lost their shiny and enviable tone, Wella is the name for the solution.Wella offers three different alternatives to tone your caramel highlights considering your hair’s base tone.
Don’t panic because you have three different alternatives in front of you!
My intention is not to complicate your life. On the contrary, I want your caramel highlights to look perfect.
That’s why I’ll guide you to choose the best Wella toner for your caramel highlights.
Tabla de Contenidos
How to choose the right Wella toner for your caramel highlights
Earlier, I told you that Wella designed three different toners for caramel highlights. How do you know which one to choose?
It all depends on your base color.
Remember that the highlighting technique respects a difference of 2 to 3 tones between your highlights and the rest of your hair.
So, to choose the right Wella toner for your caramel highlights, you just have to consider your base color. This way, when applying the toner, there will still be a difference of 2 or 3 tones.
- If your hair is light brown 5, choose Wella Color Charm T 35 so that your highlights get a caramel tone.
- If your hair is dark blonde 6, go for Wella T27 to give your highlights a medium caramel tone.
- And if your hair is blonde 7, apply Wella T 15 to give your highlights a light caramel tone.
This is due to the difference in tone between your base color and the strands bleached in the process.
- If your base color is light brown 5, your highlights will be dark blonde 6 or blonde 7.
- If your base color is dark blonde 6, your highlights will be light blonde 8.
- If your base color is blonde 7, your highlights will be a very light blonde 9.
Wella Color Charm has a complete line of toners to neutralize every unwanted color that arises after a coloring process. In this case, its adds pigmentation of a particular tone, such as caramel.
Let’s see why you should have your base color in mind to achieve the caramel highlights you’re looking for.
This beige or warm pigmented toner will give you a blonde tone. It’s the darkest tone that can achieve the caramel color in your highlights.
If your base color is light brown 5, your highlights will take on warmth with this toner and without color contrasts.
It’s another Wella toner within the warm groups like the beige color. It’ll give your hair a medium blonde pigmentation that will look perfect on your highlights.
The ideal base for this toner is dark blonde 6 or blonde 7. Your highlights will be a warm caramel tone that will enlighten your face.
This toner has a warm pale blonde pigmentation because it’s within the beige toners. It’ll give you warm caramel undertones without orange or reddish tones.
It’s perfect for hair with a light base color, such as blonde 7 or light blonde 8. It’ll get you a unique light caramel color.
How to apply Wella Color Charm correctly for caramel highlights
First, get the toner. You can find it online or in specialized hairdressing stores. It’s easy to find, and you won’t have to invest hundreds of dollars.
Remember that Wella Color Charm is not sold as a kit. So, you’ll need to get the 20-volume developer to be able to do the process.
- Your selected Wella Color Charm. Remember to check your base color!
- 20-volume developer
- Plastic container
- Hair color brush
- Gloves and hair clips
Step by step:
- Separate your damp, detangled hair into 4 sections, from forehead to nape and from ear to ear, holding each section with a hair clip.
The toner will also work on dry hair. I recommend doing it on damp hair to ease the application and distribution of the product.
- With gloves on, mix in the plastic container 2 parts of the 20-volume developer with 1 part of Wella Color Charm. Blend to integrate.
- Release one of the sections of your hair. Using the hair color brush, apply the toner from root to tip. Repeat on each section covering the entire hair.
- After application, leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with plenty of lukewarm water until it runs crystal clear. Don’t shampoo! Just apply a small amount of your usual conditioner.
Once your hair dries, check it out! How do your caramel highlights look?
Congratulations!You should repeat this process every three weeks because the toner fades with washes.
Write down the Wella toner you used in a safe place to remember when it's time to touch up your caramel highlights.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Should I wash my hair after using Wella toner? What shampoo should I use?
Now you know that Wella designed three different toners to keep your highlights in an enviable caramel tone.
Knowing this, you only have to consider your base shade to choose either T35, T27, or T15 to keep the same color difference between your caramel highlights and your base color.