- If you want to turn your dark brown hair into an enviable ash blonde shade, you’ll need to bleach your hair at least twice and, then apply the ash-blonde dye.
- Here I will tell you how to do it step by step taking all the necessary precautions to avoid damaging your hair.
Blondes are the most requested colors in beauty salons by women all around the world.
But of course, it’s not easy to get to light shades starting from dark hair colors.It’s a lengthy process that includes bleaching and coloring with intermediate hues to avoid damaging your hair too much.
If you’re thinking about going from dark brown to ash blond,e keep reading. I’ll tell you all the trade secrets to make your hair look perfect.
We’ll divide the process into two parts.
- In the first part of the process, we will reach an intermediate color: a light brown ash
- In the second part, we’ll get to the longed-for ash blonde shade.
Let’s get started!
Tabla de Contenidos
How can you evaluate if your hair can withstand the color change?
At the beginning of this article, I told you to get to an 8.1 ash-blonde shade from a dark brown shade 3, you will have to bleach your hair.
You need to know that bleaching causes damage to the hair fiber.
To begin the change to ash blonde, you must first assess the health of your hair.
Do you think your hair can withstand two sessions of bleaching? How can you tell if it will?
Let’s do a little evaluation of your hair:
- Can you comb your hair easily?
- Is your hair soft and shiny?
- Are your ends brittle?
- Are you losing a lot of hair?
If you answered YES to all the questions, I recommend that, before thinking about a color change, you should moisturize your hair and repair it.
You can apply moisturizing masks and repair oils two to three times a week.
This way, your hair will be ready to resist bleaching shortly.
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you could change color at your leisure, as your hair is healthy and strong enough to resist it.
Once this is done, you can start planning your color change.
Why do I say “plan”?
Because you can’t go from dark brown 3 to ash blonde 8.1 in one day.
You will need to have two bleaching sessions to arrive at the ideal base shade to apply the ash-blonde dye.
I recommend that you allow at least 15 days between one bleaching session and the next so that your hair can rest from the chemical process.
You should calculate that this change would take no less than seven weeks to be perfect.
During the time between one bleaching and the next, you can moisturize your hair and prepare it for what is to come.
So, if you want healthy and strong ash blonde hair, plan well for the process.
First step: dark brown to light ash brown
To remove the dark brown 3, you will have to bleach your hair.
What do you need?
- Bleaching powder
- Peroxide or 30 volume crème developer
- Coconut oil
- Light brown ash dye 6.1
Once you have all these elements, you can start bleaching your hair
- Comb your hair, so there are no knots
- In a plastic container, mix the 30 volume peroxide with the bleaching powder and add 5 or 6 drops of coconut oil
- Apply the mixture to your hair, starting with lengths and ends
- After 10 minutes, apply the rest of the mixture in the growth
- DON’T APPLY IT ON THE ROOTS
- After 20 minutes, you should rinse the mixture. You can do it with your usual shampoo and conditioner.
Now there’s no trace of dark brown 3 left in your hair.
Do you know why I included light brown ash 6.1 in the elements?
It is very simple; it will be an intermediate shade between dark brown 3 and ash-blonde 8.1
Many times you get unpleasant shade when you bleach your hair.
It may be orange or red, depending on the shade that is being discolored.
As in this case, you are bleaching dark brown 3, when you finish the bleaching, you will notice your hair lighter and more orange.
All dark hair colors leave orange or red shades after bleaching
- Black will leave redder shades.
- Brown will leave more orange shades.
That’s where you will need an even tone to tone down those hues.
For this occasion, it’s going to be light brown ash 6.1.
It’s an intermediate shade that will leave your hair with an even color and ready for the next bleach.
How do you apply it to your hair?
- Once the mixture is rinsed out, dry your hair with a hairdryer
- Apply light brown ash 6.1
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Once the exposure time is over, rinse your hair and dry it [/your_list]
You’ll see a big change between the hue resulting from bleaching and the hue you have with the light brown ash dye 6.1.
Now all you have to do is wait two to three weeks to re-bleach your hair so you can apply the ash-blonde 8.1 dye.
Second step: Light Brown Ash to Ash Blonde
Once you removed the dark brown from your hair and applied the light brown ash 6.1, you are very close to coloring blonde ash 8.1 you desire.
What do you need for this?
- Ash blonde 8.1
For your ash-blonde 8.1 to be even, you'll need to bleach your hair again.
The steps for bleaching are the same as I told you above.
Remember to always check your color every five to seven minutes and don't expose your hair to the mixture for more than 20 minutes.
Once you've bleached your hair, you can apply the ash-blonde dye.
Now, do you understand why it can't be done in one application?
You have to be very careful not to damage your hair at the end, so you don't have to cut it later.
Once you've applied the Ash Blonde 8.1 hair color, you can start thinking about moisturizing your hair fiber.
How to moisturize and restore your hair once you've reached Ash Blonde shade
- Use keratin moisturizing masks once a week
- Apply coconut oil to your lengths and ends to moisturize your hair
- Use nutritious shampoo and conditioner with keratin or silk extracts
If you follow these steps, your hair will look healthy, and you'll be able to work a perfect ash blonde.
Blondes are beautiful shades, but they take a lot of work if you start from dark color.
You should always take care of your hair health if you want such light shades.
If you have any doubts, go to the beauty salon where your colorist will know how to advise you in the best way.