- For the bleach bath, you should always use moisturizing shampoos for dry or chemically treated hair.
- They contain natural oils, proteins, and vitamins that diminish the corrosive effects of the bleach bath.
- I’ll show you how to find the best shampoo for the bleach bath according to your hair needs.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Bleach bath hair 8 pros and cons that you should know before doing it
I tell you, “you should use a moisturizing shampoo with a bleach bath,” and you stare at me like, “Alejandra, almost all shampoos are sold as moisturizers.”
And you’re partly right.
However, advertisements can be misleading because brands need to sell.
And that’s why they’ll always highlight the virtues of their products more than their defects.
Nevertheless, we live in an age where the consumer has great power.
Nowadays, we can search for information about the products we want on the Internet.
That information can be found on a blog, as in this case, or through videos, social media posts, and even product reviews.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can I dye my hair after a bleach bath? What kind of dye should I use?
When you have to buy a refrigerator, don’t you check the comments of other users?
Alternatively, when you hire a tour, don’t you find out if the agency delivers what it promises, or if they leave customers alone in the middle of nowhere?
That is the true power of the consumer.
You should use it by reading product labels carefully to identify whether they contain the ingredients you really need.
This is when applying a bleach bath is vital.
Knowing how to choose the best moisturizing shampoo can make the difference between ruined hair or managing to apply a bleach bath without causing extreme damage to your mane.
Do you have a pen and paper or the notes screen on your cell phone ready to take notes?
Let’s get started!
Tabla de Contenidos
- What ingredients should the shampoo for a bleach bath include?
- What ingredients should a good bleach bath shampoo have?
- What are the proteins and/or vitamins your moisturizing shampoo should contain?
- What oils should your moisturizing shampoo contain?
- What are the most used moisturizing shampoos in the bleach bath?
What ingredients should the shampoo for a bleach bath include?
The bleach bath is a very aggressive process for the hair. It’s almost as aggressive as bleaching.
The only difference between these two processes is that bleaching is done on dry hair, while the bleach bath is done in the shower with shampoo.
However, not just any shampoo.
It must be a moisturizing shampoo to counteract the effects of the chemicals.
Therefore, the best shampoos for the bleach bath are the ones for DRY HAIR or CHEMICALLY TREATED HAIR.
Because dry hair is hair without moisture. That’s why it’s stiff, dull, and frizzy. If you abuse color treatments or heat tools, you know what I’m talking about.
Some shampoos may not even be as explicit on the labels and may not specify they’re for “dry or chemically abused hair.” So, what can you do?
Get out the magnifying glass, become Sherlock Holmes, and look for clues on the label that details the ingredients in the formula.
What ingredients should a good bleach bath shampoo have?
- Natural oils
The shampoo can have one of these ingredients or several of them. However, if it contains only one of them, it’ll work perfectly well in the bleach bath.
Why should the shampoo you mix with the bleach bath contain these ingredients?
Because they are nutrients.
- Proteins provide structure and give softness and manageability to the hair.
- Vitamins provide body and strength.
- And natural oils moisturize your hair giving it shine and elasticity.
It’s a perfect combo to repair your hair!
What are the proteins and/or vitamins your moisturizing shampoo should contain?
- Keratin (protein) nourishes, repairs, and structures your hair.
- Biotin (Vitamin B8) helps hair growth.
- Collagen (protein) provides firmness, elasticity, and smoothness.
- Elastin (protein) prevents cuticle breakage.
- Ceramides (lipids) strengthen the hair and improve its texture to provide shine.
What oils should your moisturizing shampoo contain?
- Avocado oil
- Shea butter
All these natural oils will make your hair shinier and softer. They moisturize and fill empty spaces on the hair core.
You can also find moisturizing shampoos containing aloe vera, vitamin C or K, olive oil, or folic acid, although they are less common.
What are the most used moisturizing shampoos in the bleach bath?
I didn’t want to mention the brands from the beginning because they’re often not available in all regions.
That is to say, you’ll often find that a shampoo that is a best seller in Mexico does not exist in the Argentinean or Spanish market.That’s why I didn’t want to leave you prisoner of the brands. Instead, I taught you to identify a moisturizing shampoo suitable for a bleach bath.
However, I find it convenient to name some of what I consider to be the best moisturizing shampoos for bleach baths. Also, they’re possibly easier to find.
- Moroccanoil Moisturizing Shampoo
- Dove Nutritive Solutions Deep Moisturizing Shampoo
- Pantene Pro-V Moisturizing Shampoo
- L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Moisturizing Shampoo
These shampoos are moisturizing because they contain proteins, vitamins, or natural oils. Some of them even include several of these ingredients.
Before preparing your bleach bath, make sure you choose a good moisturizing shampoo. Now, you know how to tell the difference.
Read the label. Words like “dry hair,” “for chemically treated hair,” “proteins,” “vitamins,” and “natural oils” cannot be missing on the label.