- Olaplex 0 is a watery liquid that works best when the hair is dry.
- If you apply it on wet hair, the product won’t sit properly and evenly on the hair.
- In that case, you’ll waste part of the product because, being a watery liquid, it won’t adhere to wet hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can you use Olaplex 0 on dirty hair?
What a day I had at the salon today!
It was one of those days you wish you hadn’t woken up. Why?
I felt as if the mysterious forces of the Universe had sent me all clients who insist on using products “their own way.”
I love the famous song “My Way.” “I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried, I did it my way.”
However, when it comes to hair products, the music sounds different.
The manufacturer’s instructions must be followed the same way that an orchestra follows the directions of the conductor’s baton.
Why do I say all this?
Today, Cristina, one of my clients I hadn’t seen in a long time, came to my salon.
The last time I’d seen her, she had bleached her hair and had used Olaplex 1 and 2. Her hair looked terrific.
Cristina was so happy with the result that she decided to invest in her hair and bought Olaplex 0 and Olaplex 3 to use at home.
Yesterday, when she walked into the salon, I noticed that she was quite gloomy.
What was the reason for her negative energy?
She was unhappy with the results of Olaplex 0 and 3.
I tried to change the subject not to get into a cumbersome discussion but she kept insisting that Olaplex 0 and Olaplex 3 were only designed by manufacturers to deceive customers and make money.
There was a moment when I could no longer hold my words back.
I’m a hairstylist and I can tell whether a product is effective or not.
So, patiently, I asked her how many times she had used Olaplex 0 and 3. She replied that she had applied them four times.
I continued with the following question, “How had she applied them?”
Her response was that she had done it with her hands. So far, so good.
When I asked her if she had applied the Olaplex 0 on dry hair, her answer was blunt: ” Ale, are you crazy? I applied Olaplex 0 on my wet hair because I wanted the product to work better.”
There lay the problem. Olaplex 0 should always be applied on dry hair.
Those are the manufacturer’s instructions.
Why don’t people take the time to read the instructions?
Olaplex is a unique treatment with a unique and patented ingredient.
Therefore, it’s completely different from any other hair repair treatment. Its application is also different.
If you’re about to apply Olaplex 0 and don’t want to read the instructions, like Cristina, I’ll say it one more time.
Tabla de Contenidos
Olaplex 0 is always applied on DRY and clean hair.
Not damp, not drenched, and not “just barely dry.”
If you want to profit from the effectiveness of Olaplex 0, your hair must be completely dry.
- Olaplex 0 is the primer for Olaplex 3, which is the most important stage in the repair treatment.
- Also, Olaplex 0 is a watery liquid. If you apply it to your wet hair, it won’t adhere to your strands.
- Your hair needs to be dry to spread thoroughly. And if the manufacturer says so, those instructions should be followed for the best results.
As you can imagine, before being launched on the market, Olaplex 0 was researched and tested on dry and wet hair.
Therefore, the manufacturer knows how the product works under optimal conditions.
Also, think about your economy. If your hair is wet when you apply Olaplex 0, you’ll waste a lot of product because it’ll start to drip.So, Olaplex 0 is applied to dry, clean hair. Also, your hair must be “completely clean.”
To make sure your hair is clean, I advise you to wash it with a clarifying shampoo. It’ll remove all environmental dirt, dust particles, traces of hair products, and even toxins from scalp perspiration.
After washing your hair, remember to blow-dry it.
- Comb your dry, clean hair and divide it into four sections, two front and two back, holding each with hair clips.
- Release one section, apply Olaplex 0, and spread it from roots to ends.
- Repeat on each section.
- When you saturated your entire mane, comb through your hair to spread it thoroughly.
- Your hair will be wet and will begin to dry.
- Olaplex 0 processes for 10 minutes, but if your hair is seriously damaged, you can leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Then, apply Olaplex 3 without rinsing out the Olaplex 0.
You’re now ready to apply Olaplex 3.
How to apply Olaplex 3 after Olaplex 0
After the exposure time, your hair is ready to apply Olaplex 3.
- Separate your hair again into four sections. Remember not to rinse out the Olaplex 0.
- Start applying Olaplex 3 to each of these sections.
- Saturate your entire mane with the product. Then, comb it through to evenly distribute the Olaplex 3.
- Leave it on for 45 minutes. If your hair is seriously damaged, it can sit for up to 120 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and wash it with shampoo and conditioner.
- Blow dry your hair at medium heat.
- Style as usual.
Now, the million dollar question: How often should you apply Olaplex 0 and 3? Olaplex 0 should always be applied to dry and completely clean hair because it’s watery and easy to distribute. And when in doubt, remember to read the instructions for use.
Olaplex 0 should always be applied to dry and completely clean hair because it’s watery and easy to distribute.
And when in doubt, remember to read the instructions for use.