- If you use purple shampoo on your pink hair, all you’ll end up with is a terrible color that will make you want to avoid all mirrors for a few weeks.
- Purple shampoo neutralizes unwanted tones in blonde hair or bleached hair. It doesn’t change your hair color, nor does it make it healthier or brighter or anything like that.
- That’s why I don’t recommend using purple shampoo on your pink hair.
- If what you’re wanting to do is improve how your pink hair looks, I’ll tell you which shampoo you can use to do that.
Before I get into any more details, tell me: Why did you want to use purple shampoo on pink hair?
Are you hoping to get a stronger pink color in your hair?
Of course, you probably thought that pink is pretty close to purple; they’re like relatives.
After all, many interior design magazines have many pages of kids’ rooms filled with those two colors. But not everything that goes together is compatible.
And in this case, purple shampoo and hair that’s dyed pink are not compatible.
You won’t end up with a brighter or stronger or crazier pink. All you’ll get is a color that’s hard to put a name on, and that might actually look really terrible.
If you want a stronger pink color, then you need to choose a pink dye that’s darker or brighter.
Now, if you like the color you have in your hair, but you want it to last longer, you need to use a toning shampoo, but not one that’s exactly purple.
Do you want to know which one you should use?
If so, stick around, because I’ll tell you:
- What toning shampoo you should use on pink hair
- How to maintain pink hair brighter longer
- How to prepare pink toning shampoo
Tabla de Contenidos
What is the best shampoo for pink hair?
Check shampoo for pink hair price on Amazon
Bright, vibrant colors are the most attention-grabbing colors out there because they let you play around with crazy colors, and those kinds of dyes don’t last long in your hair. They don’t last long because they’re semi-permanent, which means they don’t contain either peroxide or ammonia.
That’s why all they do is deposit dye onto the surface of your hair fiber, which will fade each time you wash it.
If you want a stronger pink or a different pink color, all you need to do is let all of the color you have in your hair right now fade away, and once that happens, you can dye it again.
And, you won’t even have to bleach your hair again.
But, not everything is so perfect about these kinds of dyes. Do you want to know a con about them?
It’s easy to change the pigments in these kinds of dyes. And that’s why it’s crucial not to use purple shampoo to wash your pink hair.
- First of all, you use purple shampoo to tone yellow tones that appear in your hair after bleaching it or to maintain the ashy color of blonde dye.
- Secondly, the purple shampoo contains pigments of purple that could make your hair change color.
- When you change the pigments, you can end up with a really horrendous color. If you’re looking for a new color for Halloween, be my guest. But, if that’s not what you’re trying to do, forget about purple shampoo.
To maintain your color for longer, you should use a pink shampoo from a brand like PUNKY COLOR, which has lines of shampoo and conditioner to help keep your pink color for longer.
That way, when you use a pink shampoo, your color will be vibrant for longer because you’ll continue to deposit pink pigments onto your hair.
So, if what you’re looking to do is maintain your pink hair for longer, you know you need to use a pink toning shampoo.
But, you must know how to use it correctly. And that’s what I’m going to tell you about in a second.
How to use pink toning shampoo to make your color last longer
Toning shampoos replace your regular shampoo, so if you wash your hair every day, you should use it every single day.
And if you wash your hair every other day, you should use the shampoo every other day.
Like I said before, pink toning shampoo adds pigment to your hair every time you use it, and it’s very easy to use.
- Use the pink toning shampoo on your hair and leave it in for 5-10 minutes.
- Once that time has gone by, rinse with lots of cool water.
- You also can add a pink conditioner to reinforce the process.
You’ll see that as you do this, you’ll maintain your color for longer. What does that mean?
You probably know that most bright colors last about two weeks. If you use a pink toning shampoo, your color will last about three weeks, allowing you to delay needing to touch up your color.
You can’t find a pink toning shampoo that’s exactly the right color?
That’s very common. It’s possible that you can’t find the exact color, like, for example, if your hair is a pastel pink or a bubble gum pink.
Don’t worry because you also can make your own pink toning shampoo. And you’ll see how easy it is right now.
How to make pink toning shampoo
- Add equal parts to your normal shampoo and the pink dye you use on your hair. To make it work perfectly, you need to use the same color as the one that’s in your hair.
- Mix well in an empty shampoo bottle and use it on your hair each time you wash it.
Now, if you’re thinking about changing your color, all you need to do is wait until it fades and then use a new color dye on your hair.
If you want a purple color, then choose any purple dye, and then use purple toning shampoo to maintain that purple color.
- The only time you should use purple shampoo is if you want to tone unwanted yellow tones in ashy blonde hair or if your hair is dyed purple already.
- You can use it in blonde hair because purple neutralizes those unwanted tones. And in hair that’s dyed purple, it strengthens and brightens purple dye.
- If your hair is dyed pink, and you’re hoping to brighten up your color, you should use a pink toning shampoo. You can get it from brands that have products for bright, crazy colors, or you can make your own toning shampoo using your normal shampoo and your pink dye.
Now tell me: What were you hoping purple shampoo could do for your pink hair?