- It all depends on which TRESemmé shampoo you want to use after getting the keratin treatment. Because TRESemmé has several product lines.
- So you should use the TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH line. You’ll find several versions within this line.
- If you’ve had a keratin treatment and your hair is also dyed, use TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH COLOR to prolong the duration of the color and keratin treatment.
- If you’ve had a keratin treatment, but you’re not that careful with your hair beauty habits, use TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH ULTRA, as it contains concentrated keratin.
- If you had a keratin treatment, and you frequently straighten your hair, use TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH SOFT, because it contains extra moisturizing agents.
- Now, there are some TRESemmé shampoos that you should avoid if you want to protect your keratin treatment. And I’ll tell you what they are below.
If you’ve had a keratin treatment and are starting to make some changes to your hair beauty routine, using TRESemmé shampoo to prolong the effects of the keratin is an excellent decision.
So, congratulations! You’re well on your way.
Now it’s also important for you to know that the TRESemmé brand offers several lines of shampoos and conditioners. And the line you should use after you’ve had keratin is TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH.
Of course, even within this line, there are three shampoos with different characteristics, as I mentioned at the beginning of this article, so you have more options.
But any products in the TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH line will prolong the effects of the keratin treatment.
Now, it’s essential you know which TRESemmé brand shampoos you shouldn’t use. Because if you use them, they can remove some of the keratin treatment.
Do you want to know which ones?
- TRESemmé Smooth & Silky
- TRESemmé Full Fiber Volume
- TRESemmé Maximum
And these lines won’t work on your hair after you’ve done a keratin treatment. Why? It’s because they are designed for hair with a lack of volume or frizz.
Okay. Now you know which ones out of all the TRESemmé shampoos to buy after getting a keratin treatment. Now, it’s also important you know how to use them to wash your hair. And that’s what I’ll talk about next.
How to wash your hair with TRESemmé shampoo after getting a keratin treatment
Remember to wait three days to wash your hair after you get a keratin treatment.
And also remember you can wash your hair with dry shampoo to decrease the frequency of washing with water.
- Wet your hair with lukewarm, almost cold water, letting it run through for two minutes.
- Drain your hair.
- Apply a good amount of the TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH shampoo you’ve chosen and activate it by rubbing your palms together.
- Spread it on the lengths and ends working up slowly towards the roots.
- Massage your hair and scalp.
- Rinse your hair.
- Apply the TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH conditioner you’ve chosen, only in the lengths and ends.
- Leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water and wrap your hair with a towel to remove excess water.
- Blow-dry your hair on high heat.
Want one last tip?
Blow dry your hair with your blow dryer at maximum the first few times you wash your hair after a keratin treatment to activate the protein and renew the repairing action on your hair.
After the first three washes, repeat this same routine, but use the dryer on the medium or minimum temperature.
Now you know which TRESemmé shampoo you can use after getting a keratin treatment to prolong the effects of the treatment. Use any of the TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH shampoos for good results.