- It’s important that after using a clarifying shampoo, you use a conditioner that will hydrate and nourish your hair, according to your hair’s characteristics and needs.
- If your hair is fine or brittle, you can opt for the Professional Series Hydrating Oil Mask.
- If your hair is curly, you can opt for the SheaMoisture Curl & Shine Conditioner.
- If your hair is color-treated, you can use Fructis Color Shield Conditioner after using clarifying shampoo.
- If your hair is oily, choose Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Conditioner.
- If your hair is very damaged, I recommend Olaplex No. 5 Conditioner.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does clarifying shampoo help with dandruff?
You can’t complain.
I’ve served you on a silver platter the five best conditioners to use after using clarifying shampoo.
And not only did I give you the names of each of the brands, but each of my recommendations also takes into account the different characteristics or needs of the hair.
Because you already know that clarifying shampoo contains very corrosive ingredients that dry out the hair. For the same reason, these ingredients can remove traces of dye or toner.
Why did I choose each of these conditioners to use after clarifying shampoo? I’ll tell you about my reasons below.
Choose a conditioner after clarifying shampoo according to your hair type
Obviously, after using a clarifying shampoo, you can’t apply a conditioner for dry hair if your hair is oily. It will leave your hair duller, limp, and heavy.
The purpose of shampoo, whether it’s regular shampoo or clarifying shampoo, is to clean the hair. And the point of the conditioner is to moisturize and nourish it.
Use the Professional Series Hydrating Oil Mask conditioner after your clarifying shampoo for fine or brittle hair.
And it’s the first on the list because it’s the one I recommend and use in my salon when my clients have very fine hair. Because fine hair tends to break when you wash or style it.
Even if you use the best, your clarifying shampoo will always dry out your hair. And if your hair is fine, it will leave it weaker. That’s why it’s important to use a good conditioner. This product is specially designed for fine hair.
If your hair is curly, use SheaMoisture Curl & Shine Conditioner after clarifying shampoo
If you have curls, this brand needs no introduction, and it’s a worldwide specialist in hair products for wavy or curly hair. This conditioner will hydrate, nourish, and define your curls after you’ve used clarifying shampoo without weighing them down.
After clarifying shampoo, use Fructis Color Shield Conditioner if your hair is color-treated
This sulfate-free and organic conditioner will nourish your hair after using clarifying shampoo without fading the color of the dye.
If your hair is greasy after using clarifying shampoo, use Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Blend Conditioner
Why? Because it contains apple cider vinegar, ideal for oily hair or a sensitive scalp. Your oily hair will regain moisture, shine, and movement.
If your hair is weak and brittle after using clarifying shampoo, the best option is Olaplex No. 5 Conditioner
And if you’ve recently bleached your hair before using clarifying shampoo, you will have realized that your hair needs a deep repair.
When it comes to hair repair, Olaplex has more than earned its reputation. There’s a reason why the best salons in the world include Olaplex in their bleaching process to protect even the most damaged hair.
And its conditioner is up to the task.
How to apply conditioner after using clarifying shampoo
The most important thing is to pay attention to two details: the time you leave it on and the water temperature.
- Rinse the clarifying shampoo with lukewarm water to keep the hair cuticles open. Drain your hair.
- Apply generous conditioner to your ends and lengths, and spread it through the roots.
- Next, gather your hair and leave the conditioner on for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with almost cold water after the time is up.
It would be best if you used a conditioner appropriate for your hair’s needs after you use clarifying shampoo.
And also, remember that if you’ve used clarifying shampoo to prepare your hair for keratin or a perm, that’s the only time you shouldn’t apply a conditioner afterward.