- Yes, you can use a keratin shampoo even if you haven’t had a keratin treatment.
- But I want you to know this. The keratin shampoo won’t straighten your hair like a keratin treatment would.
- That means if your hair is curly and you use keratin shampoo, your curls will be hydrated, flexible, and frizz-free.
- And if your hair is straight, you’ll eliminate any frizz, nourishing your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does keratin shampoo straighten hair? Not exactly, and here’s why
Are you considering using a keratin shampoo even if you haven’t had a keratin treatment?
It’s not a bad idea. Why? It’s because keratin shampoos contain a high percentage of this protein. Keratin is essential for your hair to be strong and hydrated.
Now, it’s essential to keep your feet on the ground.A keratin shampoo will never have the same effects on your hair as a keratin treatment.
- It’s because you wash your hair with keratin shampoo and leave it on for three to five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a keratin treatment, you apply the keratin and leave it to act for about twenty minutes. Then you seal it with a hair dryer and straightener at high temperatures.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to speed up your hair growth with keratin shampoo?
Therefore, the effects will be completely different.
- Keratin shampoo cleanses your hair, adding moisture and nourishment. Many people even use keratin shampoo to stimulate hair growth. But you would need to wash your hair with it quite often if you want long-lasting effects.
- A keratin treatment modifies the internal structure of your hair, leaving it straight and frizz-free. Its effects are long-lasting and last for six months.
So, if you think that washing your hair with a keratin shampoo is the same as having a keratin treatment, I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth.
If you haven’t had a keratin treatment, you can use the best keratin shampoos around. They will repair, moisturize, and nourish your hair. But if you want to straighten it, a keratin treatment is the way to go.
Now, if your hair is weak and brittle, applying a keratin treatment is not a good idea. The heat from the tools like the blow dryer and straightener could ruin it for good.
In that case, you can start using keratin shampoo. Why? I’ll tell you about it below.
What effects does keratin shampoo have on hair if you haven’t had a keratin treatment?
Keratin is the main protein in your hair, and it’s found in both the outermost and innermost layers. With washing, temperature changes, dyeing, bleaching, blow-drying, or straightening, hair loses keratin.
When your hair loses keratin, a process begins that can end with hair breakage. The hair cuticles weaken and break, your hair goes frizzy, and your hair loses its natural movement.
Therefore, this means that your hair loses part of its natural structure. That is to say, if your hair is straight, waves will appear, and if your hair is curly, the curls will stretch and lose elasticity.
Therefore, if you use keratin shampoo, even if you haven’t had a keratin treatment, you will give your hair some of the keratin it’s lost.
If you use it often, up to three times a week, you’ll reduce the frizz, and your hair will be more hydrated.
Therefore, if your hair is straight, the waves will disappear, and if your hair is curly, the curls will go bouncy again.
Those are the visible effects of keratin shampoo, even without a keratin treatment.If we’re talking about the invisible effects on your hair, the keratin shampoo will add nutrients, vitamins, and amino acids, repairing it.
You can use keratin shampoo even if you haven’t had a keratin treatment if you want to repair and nourish your hair. But you should know it won’t straighten your hair like a keratin treatment would.
You can use it up to three times a week, leaving it on for two to three minutes with each application.