- If your hair is dry, brittle, and falls out easily, using keratin conditioner daily is okay. However, you must use it the right way. I’ll tell you how to do this below.
- If your hair only has dry ends or you want to fight frizz, using keratin conditioner every day is not okay. In this case, I advise you to use it three times a week at most.
I think you’re now on your way to understanding if it’s okay to use keratin conditioner every day on YOUR hair.
Because as I always tell my clients, products and hair care habits are individual. Everyone’s hair is different.
So, starting from this premise, you can say in general terms that:
- If you’ve recently bleached your hair, dye it frequently with permanent dyes, or use lightening tools often , it’s okay to use keratin conditioner every day.
- But if your hair is just a bit frizzy or you have dry ends , it’s not a good idea to use keratin conditioner every day. You could overload your hair with protein since keratin is a protein. And if you overload your hair with protein, you’ll only get the opposite effect from what you’re looking for. That is, you could damage your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: What causes protein overload in hair? One of these two things
So , if you want to keep your hair moisturized, I advise using keratin conditioner thrice a week at most, every 48 to 72 hours.
Because if your hair only has dry ends and you use keratin conditioner every day, you’ll get stiff, rough hair that doesn’t move, with signs of dryness.
Now it’s also essential to know how to use keratin conditioner daily if your hair needs it. And that’s what I’ll talk about next.
How to use keratin conditioner every day
As I mentioned, if your hair is dry, brittle, and falls out easily, using keratin conditioner daily is okay.
Because if your hair is in this condition, you’ve probably bleached it. Or perhaps you often color it with permanent hair color. Or maybe you overuse your hair dryer, straightener, or curler.
And for this reason, the outermost part of your hair, the hair cuticles, is probably broken. And since they’re broken, your hair doesn’t retain moisture and is, therefore, dry and brittle.
If you use keratin conditioner every day, the protein will help repair your hair. You can also include shampoo with keratin in your hair care routine.
But here’s another issue. If your hair is dry and damaged, you can’t wash it daily, aggravating the damage even more. So you have to use the keratin conditioner differently.
Let’s look at how you could include it in your routine.
- Use keratin conditioner three times a week , every time you wash your hair.
- On the days when you don’t wash your hair, wet the lengths and ends with warm water to open the cuticles and apply the keratin conditioner, leaving it on for three to five minutes. Finally, rinse it out with cold water to close the cuticles.
You can use keratin conditioner daily if chemical processes badly damage your hair. But if your hair is just a little frizzy or has dry ends, use keratin conditioner three times a week at most.