- If you have to choose between purple conditioner or purple shampoo, I recommend you choose conditioner.
- The purple conditioner will neutralize the unwanted shades and provide intense nourishment and hydration.
- You’ll need to leave it in for at least ten minutes.
- So, if you don’t have enough time every time you want to color your hair, I recommend the purple shampoo. It’ll also remove the unwanted yellow and nourish the hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does purple shampoo damage hair if you use it too much?
If you have a choice you should go for the conditioner because it gives you better care. However, it doesn’t mean it’s the best option for you.
You need to consider your hair care habits.
What do I mean?
As you may imagine, I have many clients who use both purple shampoo and conditioner. However, some others only use one of the products.
Let’s look at two examples.
Liliana bleached her hair light blonde 8. After applying the toner to neutralize the bright yellow, I recommended the purple shampoo for color maintenance.
Why did I recommend the shampoo?
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Toner vs. Purple shampoo. Which one is best for your hair? Which one works faster?
Liliana is a mother of three, a housewife, and a psychologist. Therefore, she works in her office every day. In other words, she has a busy life with little time for her hair beauty routine.
She can still care for the maintenance of her blonde hair. That’s why I recommended the purple shampoo to her.
It’s used in the shower for a maximum of five minutes.
In other words, Liliana tones her hair once a week and for three minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How often should I use purple shampoo? Every day or once a week?
On the other hand, I recommended the purple conditioner to Rosalia. She bleached her hair to apply a balayage in extra light blonde 10.
Rosalia’s life is less hectic than Liliana’s. She has no children and doesn’t work. She’s, however, an excellent law student.
Therefore, she has much more time for her hair. So, I recommended the purple conditioner to maintain her balayage, which should be left on for 10 minutes.
Rosalia even uses the purple conditioner on her hair up to twice a week.
Of course, ten minutes doesn’t seem like a long time.
But when you’re a housewife, mother, wife, friend, daughter, neighbor, and pet owner, ten minutes makes a big difference.
You can profit from those ten minutes with a coffee to look at the starry night. The last thing you want to do is color your hair.
Do you know what I mean?
Today, I’ll help you figure out whether you should choose a purple shampoo or purple conditioner for your hair routine.
This way, you’ll always have time to relax on a starry night for ten minutes with a cup of coffee in your hand.
Before I help you choose, I want to give you a heads-up.
Tabla de Contenidos
- You don’t need to use the purple shampoo and conditioner together
- If you’re short on time for your hair beauty routine, choose the purple shampoo
- If you want an extra dose of hydration when you tone your hair, use the purple conditioner
- If you need to neutralize very strident colors, you can use the shampoo and purple conditioner together
You don’t need to use the purple shampoo and conditioner together
I know what you are thinking. “Alejandra, if you don’t need to use them together, why do brands offer both products?”
Brands need to sell. The more they sell, the more they bill and demand grows.
Now, that doesn’t mean that you should buy all the products offered by your favorite brand Instead, you should choose what fits your hair needs and budget. So, you don’t need to buy both products. You’ll get rid of unwanted shades by using at least one of them.
However, it you can afford them, you could buy both products and use them alternatively. We’ll talk about that later.
Now, let’s start talking about when you should choose the purple shampoo or the purple conditioner.
If you’re short on time for your hair beauty routine, choose the purple shampoo
It’ll tone your hair to get rid of unwanted colors and it’ll also moisturize your hair. It’s designed for women who don’t have much time for their hair routine
So, if you run after the clock, the purple shampoo is for you.
You’ll be able to get in the shower, apply the purple shampoo, leave it on for two minutes, and jump out of the shower.
What would your ideal hair beauty routine look like using purple shampoo?
You should use it twice a week at most , to prevent your hair from turning purple.
- Apply the purple shampoo to your wet hair with lukewarm water.
- Leave it on for one to three minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water and apply a sulfate-free conditioner to keep the effect of the shampoo.
- Rinse again.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How Long to Leave Purple Shampoo on Dry Hair? It depends on your goals
If you want an extra dose of hydration when you tone your hair, use the purple conditioner
Purple conditioner has a higher amount of moisturizing agents than shampoo.
So, if your hair is damaged, the conditioner will remove the unwanted colors and repair your hair.
However, please note that the purple conditioner is applied once a week , because it deposits more color than the shampoo. Also, you should leave it on longer than shampoo.
- First, wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Rinse and apply the purple conditioner from roots to ends.
- Leave it on for seven minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm to cold water to allow your cuticles to close and absorb the color and nourishment from the conditioner
In this case, it’s also important to use sulfate-free shampoo so as not to dry out your hair.
If you need to neutralize very strident colors, you can use the shampoo and purple conditioner together
If you bleached your hair, it’s brassy, and you want to neutralize it, go for both products. Alternatively, you may want an intensive color treatment that you don’t have to repeat frequently, In that case, combine both products.
- Wet your hair with warm to hot water, and apply the purple shampoo for three minutes. The warm water will open the cuticles for the shampoo to penetrate.
- Rinse with lukewarm to cold water and apply the purple conditioner from roots to ends.
- Leave it on for seven minutes. Gently massage your hair.
- Rinse your hair with warm to cold water and wrap it in a towel to remove excess water
If you want to maintain your color with any intensive treatment, you can use both products every three weeks.. Remember to alternate with sulfate-free products.
You don’t need to use the purple shampoo and purple conditioner together. You can opt for one of the products according to the time you have for your hair beauty routine.
In general, if you must choose one of the two products, I recommend you opt for the conditioner. It’ll neutralize the unwanted color of your hair and moisturize it.