- Yes, you can use purple shampoo after getting a keratin treatment.
- But remember it’s essential to wait at least three days to wash your hair after getting a keratin treatment, whether you use purple shampoo or any other type of shampoo.
- If you want to keep your hair looking good without harsh colors after a keratin treatment, I recommend using purple shampoo once a week.
If you’re thinking about using purple shampoo after a keratin treatment, it’s for one of two reasons:
- You applied a keratin treatment and you still want to keep your pale blonde color.
- The keratin treatment left your hair a harsh yellow and you want to neutralize it.
And in either of these two situations, you can use purple shampoo after getting a keratin treatment.
Because purple shampoo doesn’t contain any corrosive elements that can alter, damage, or degrade the keratin treatment.
Now, it’s important you wait three days to wash your hair with purple shampoo after having a keratin treatment. Because this way your hair will finish absorbing the keratin completely before you wash it.
Why might your hair appear yellowish after applying keratin?
Because to seal the keratin, you use a straightener at very high temperatures. And heat is obviously one of the biggest enemies of hair color.
So if you colored your blonde hair before you had keratin, you’ll probably notice that your hair is yellowish-looking.
But don’t worry. Because you can use purple shampoo to neutralize the harsh yellow tones.
To prevent the keratin treatment from wearing out the color of a dye or toner, I always recommend my clients apply the keratin first and then the dye.
Now, it’s time to use purple shampoo on your hair after applying keratin. And that’s what I’m going to talk about next.
How to use purple shampoo after a keratin treatment
Each brand of purple shampoo has its own instructions for use and you should respect them to get the best results.
However, as a colorist I recommend you use purple shampoo once a week, after the keratin treatment.
Remember it’s important to wash your hair less often if you want to prolong the effects of the treatment. You can even use dry shampoo cleaning.
- Wet your hair with warm water.
- Apply a good amount of purple shampoo in the palm of your hand and apply it to the lengths and ends.
- Massage through your hair.
- Now put a little more shampoo in your palm and apply it to the roots, massaging all over your hair.
- Leave it on for three minutes.
- Rinse it out with plenty of lukewarm, almost cold water until the water runs clear.
- Drain the excess water and wrap your hair with a towel.
After getting a keratin treatment you should wait at least three days to wash your hair. Use purple shampoo if you want to eliminate harsh yellows.
Remember, you can use the purple shampoo once a week to keep your blonde hair free of harsh colors.