- You shouldn’t use regular shampoo straight after clarifying shampoo.
- Because your hair will be completely clean, without any residues or the remains of hair products.
- But what is important is that after you use clarifying shampoo, you know what else to apply to your hair. And I’ll tell you about your different options later.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Clarifying shampoo vs. regular shampoo, Which one should you use?
I’m taking this opportunity to make two things clear:
- You don’t use regular shampoo after clarifying shampoo because your hair will already be completely clean, without any greasiness or any remains of hair products. Why? Because clarifying shampoo is a detoxifying shampoo.
- Therefore, you should use clarifying shampoo once a month or once a fortnight , depending on your hair care routine.
And it’s also important you know what to use on your hair after washing it with clarifying shampoo. And that’s what I’ll talk about next.
What should you do after using clarifying shampoo?
To answer this question, it’s important to go deeper into why you used clarifying shampoo.
- If you used clarifying shampoo to remove excess hair products , use a conditioner. Because clarifying shampoo contains very powerful cleansing agents, such as sulfates and silicones, which take away moisture and nutrients from the hair.
- If you used it to get a treatment such as keratin, permanent straightening, or perming , you shouldn’t use any products on your hair after washing it. Because your hair will be completely free of residue and the keratin, perm, or straightening liquids will be able to completely penetrate your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY: How often should you use clarifying shampoo? It depends on why you’ll use it
And this brings us to how often you should use clarifying shampoo. Obviously, if you apply it before a treatment such as keratin or a perm , you’ll only use it once, before going to the salon to get one of those treatments.
But if you want to incorporate it into your hair care routine, things change. Because you can’t use it every day, or even every time you wash your hair. Let’s see why.
How often should you use clarifying shampoo?
- If you use a lot of hair products, such as leave-in conditioner, fixer, dry shampoo, masks, gels, or mousses , you should use clarifying shampoo once a fortnight. That way you can remove all those residues that remain stuck to your hair. And if your hair is curly, and you usually use curl styling creams, you can even use it once a week.
- If you only apply hair styling products once in a while or use an oil mask once a fortnight , you can use clarifying shampoo once a month to remove product residue and keep your hair freely moving and shiny.
Remember that in both cases, you need to use a conditioner afterward. The clarifying shampoo will leave your hair drier and frizzier.
You shouldn’t use regular shampoo after washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo. Why not? It’s because your hair will already be completely clean and free of hair product residues.