- It’s always advisable to use shampoos containing keratin after having a keratin treatment. They extend the effects of the treatment.
- And no Dove shampoo contains keratin.
- Now, if you want to use this brand, you can choose DOVE HAIR THERAPY STRENGTH AND FULNESS BOOST, DOVE HAIR THERAPY HYDRATION SPA SHAMPOO, or DOVE DAMAGE THERAPY SHAMPOO. Because although they won’t extend the effects of your keratin treatment, they won’t remove the keratin either.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: First wash after keratin treatment: how to do it the right way?
If you were a client who just had a keratin treatment in my salon, I wouldn’t recommend using Dove shampoo to prolong the effects of the treatment.
And later I’ll tell you which shampoos I would recommend using to wash your hair after the keratin treatment.
Why wouldn’t I recommend using Dove shampoo?
Because all Dove shampoo lines are designed for hair repair, nourishment, and fundamentally, hydration.
So, if your hair is dry or damaged, Dove shampoo is an excellent option.
But, if you just had a keratin treatment, your hair is no longer dry or damaged. So what you should use is a shampoo that prolongs the effects of the keratin.
And the only shampoos that can do this are those that contain keratin.
So, will Dove shampoo ruin your keratin treatment?
- Yes, unless you choose any of the three Dove shampoos I recommended at the beginning of the article.
Will these three Dove shampoos prolong the effects of the keratin treatment?
- No, none of them will. But they won’t remove the keratin either.
So, just to be clear, after having a keratin treatment, if you notice your hair is thinner, frizzy, or brittle, you can use any of these three Dove shampoos:
- Dove Hair Therapy Strength and Fullness Boost shampoo : it contains serum and retinol, and is sulfate-free. It will therefore give strength and thickness to your hair.
- Dove Hair Therapy Hydration Spa shampoo : it contains hyaluronic serum, which repairs brittle hair and dry ends.
- Dove Damage Therapy shampoo : this is a frequent-use moisturizing shampoo that will keep your hair nourished and hydrated every time you use it.
Now, if you really want to extend the effects of your keratin treatment, here are my recommendations on which shampoos to choose.
5 best shampoos for your keratin treatment
Although there are thousands of Keratin shampoo options on the market, here are the best ones according to my experience.
- Olaplex 4 Shampoo
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Pro Collection Shampoo
- Nexxus Keraphix Shampoo
- Brazilian Keratin Smooth
- It’s a 10 Miracle Shampoo Keratin Plus
With any of these 5 shampoos, you’ll maintain your keratin treatment for longer and your hair will stay in perfect condition.
Before I say goodbye, I want to clarify that you won’t ruin your keratin treatment if you wash your hair a couple of times with regular shampoo.
But if you want to prolong the effects of your keratin treatment, you should make some changes to your hair care routine. And one of these changes, and the most recommended, is to use shampoos that contain keratin.