- If your hair has purple tints from purple shampoo, I recommend HERBAL ESSENCES or PAUL MITCHELL clarifying shampoos.
- Alternatively, if your hair has purple tints due to toner application, I recommend OGX or NEUTROGENA clarifying shampoos because they have a higher amount of sulfates.
- Finally, if you want to remove the purple tones of semi-permanent hair color that won’t fade, I recommend MOROCCANOIL clarifying shampoo.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to Get Purple Out of Blonde Hair (like a pro in one day)
Do you want to know about the five best clarifying shampoos to remove purple tints from your hair?
It’d be easier for me to name five clarifying shampoos because all could remove purple tints from your hair.
However, in addition to removing the purple tint from your hair, I want you to consider your hair health.
For example, if your scalp is sensitive , and easily irritated, and you use one of the stronger clarifying shampoos, you would obviously remove the purple tint.
However, you’ll have to visit your dermatologist afterward because your scalp would be irritated.
Also, getting rid of the purple tint from purple shampoo is different from the purple shades from toner.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Does clarifying shampoo fix over-toned hair? Only if you use it the right way
The purple tones left by a purple shampoo are on the outer layer of the hair, while those left by a toner are on the inner layer.
Therefore, to remove the purple tones left by a toner, you’ll need a stronger clarifying shampoo that has a higher proportion of sulfates.
So, join me to find out about the best clarifying shampoo to remove the purple tint in your hair.
To remove the purple tint from a purple shampoo, use Herbal Essences clarifying shampoo
Why did those purple tones appear in your hair after using the purple shampoo? There are two possible reasons:
- You used the purple shampoo too often.
- You left the purple shampoo on longer than indicated.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Help! Purple shampoo turned my hair purple. What can I do?
Purple shampoo is very effective to get rid of the strident yellow tones that appear in blonde hair.
However, you should always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for use.
Some purple shampoos have stronger and more persistent violet pigments. Therefore, they act quickly on the hair and less frequently.
Nevertheless, what’s done is done. Now, you can use a clarifying shampoo to remove those purple tones left by the clarifying shampoo.
In this case, I recommend Herbal Essences clarifying shampoo because its gentle cleansing formula will remove the traces of purple shampoo accumulated in the outermost layer of the hair.
In addition, it’s ideal if your scalp is sensitive , porque eliminará los matices morados, sin irritarlo.
I advise you use the clarifying shampoo to remove the purple tones left by the purple shampoo only once.
The toning shampoo has very light pigmentation, so just a single application of the clarifying shampoo will be enough.
If the toner left purple tones in your hair, use OGX or Neutrogena clarifying shampoo
In this case, you’ll need a clarifying shampoo with a stronger cleansing formula.
Because toner is applied with a developer and creates permanent changes in the hair. Therefore, you need a clarifying shampoo that contains stronger ingredients in its formula to remove the toner residue.
In this case, I recommend two clarifying shampoos:
- OGX Purifying Shampoo Detox, because it contains charcoal.
- Neutrogena Anti-residue, because it contains a higher amount of sulfates.
I advise you use any of these shampoos twice a week to remove purple toner residue.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to remove purple toner from hair? Yes! There’s still time to remove it!
How to apply a clarifying shampoo
- Wet your hair with hot water to open the hair cuticles.
- Apply a generous amount of clarifying shampoo to lengths and ends.
- Massage and rinse with warm water.
- Reapply the clarifying shampoo, but from roots to ends.
- Massage through your hair and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water
- Apply conditioner and rinse with almost cold water to close the cuticles.
- Let your hair air dry and don’t use any heat tools.
If there are still purple shades in your hair after using the clarifying shampoo for the first time, I recommend you repeat the application after three or four days to avoid losing too much moisture in your hair.
To remove purple residue from a semi-permanent hair color, you can use Moroccanoil clarifying shampoo
Why do I recommend Moroccanoil clarifying shampoo in this case?
If you used a semi-permanent hair color, you probably bleached your hair before.
Bleached hair is weak. So, clarifying shampoos could damage it.
Moroccanoil clarifying shampoo contains argan oil, which will protect your hair from damage.
Remember that a clarifying shampoo isn’t for frequent use.
It removes traces of hair products with astringent ingredients and sulfates that could dry out and damage your hair.