- You should use rosemary water two or three times a week according to your goals. I don’t recommend using rosemary water every day, and I’ll explain why later.
- If you plan to use rosemary water to control hair loss and repair dryness, I recommend it twice a week. It could even be three depending on how your hair responds.
- If you plan to use rosemary water to cover gray hair and stimulate hair growth, I recommend it once a week. Eventually, you could use it twice but checking your hair in the meantime.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can I leave rosemary water in my hair without rinsing it?
If you’ve made it this far, it’s because you’ve heard about the benefits of rosemary water on your hair.
You’ve probably heard that you should use rosemary water every day.
Maybe your cousin Juanita, a hopeless lover of natural products, applies rosemary water to her hair almost every day to give it more shine.
Or, most likely, you’ve come across an Instagram post about the wonders of rosemary water on an influencer’s hair after she applied it every day.
Don’t pay much attention to the chit-chat.When it comes to applying any product to your hair, you need to be cautious.
Caution and common sense.
So, before applying rosemary water to your hair every day, think about it.
- Does your hair need more moisture?
- Do you notice that your hair is brittle or falling?
- Would you like your hair to be shinier?
Actually, the frequency of use of rosemary water will depend on the benefit you want to get.
If you know what you want from rosemary water, you’ll be able to evaluate if it’s giving you results.
Based on that, you can adjust the frequency or stop using it altogether.
But beyond what you want to use it for, I want to clarify something.
Tabla de Contenidos
Rosemary water shouldn’t be used on your hair every day
The same goes for other hair products.
- A moisturizing mask is applied to the hair once a week.
- Coconut oil is applied to the hair up to three times a week.
The frequency of use also depends on your hair type and hair health.
- A moisturizing mask could be applied up to twice a week on severely damaged hair.
- Coconut oil is applied once a week on oily hair.
Do you see the differences?
Hair products should be used with a certain frequency according to what you want to achieve. Rosemary water is no exception.
Rosemary water contains vitamins A, B2, B6, and C. They stimulate scalp circulation and promote growth.
It also contains minerals such as iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, and calcium.
So far so wonderful. It even makes you want to apply it every day.
Advantages could turn into disadvantages.
Do you know what would happen if you used rosemary water every day?
- The minerals and vitamins could clog the pores of your scalp.
- If the pores get clogged, you would feel scalp irritation.
- Also, if you use rosemary water every day, its astringent properties will dry out your hair.
Do you know what I tell my clients, especially those clients who love to try hair products every day?
I remind them of something I learned in hairdressing school: “overexposing hair to nourishing products could also damage it.”
It means that you should always respect the frequency and exposure time of nourishing or moisturizing treatments on your hair.
If you leave them on longer than indicated, you risk damaging your hair.
So, let’s see how often you can use rosemary water according to your hair’s needs.
If you want to control oiliness, apply rosemary water twice a week for a month
The oil produced by the scalp is a natural moisturizer for the hair.
However, reasons such as hormonal issues or stress may cause the scalp to produce too much oil.When that happens, itching and irritation of the scalp starts and, eventually, dandruff appears.
If you apply rosemary water on your hair, its astringent, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties will help keep your scalp healthy.
Of course, you can’t use rosemary water every day.You should use it twice a week for a month to be able to evaluate the results.
- Apply rosemary water to the scalp and massage gently for two to five minutes.
- Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse with shampoo.
If you want to cover and prevent gray hair, apply rosemary water once a week for two months
Rosemary water has stimulating and regenerating properties. It’s very effective to prevent new gray hair.
Gray hair doesn’t have melanin, which produces the color in hair.Rosemary water may help prevent future gray hair and regenerate your current grays.
- If you want to prevent new gray hair, you should apply rosemary water once a week for two months and leave it on for five minutes.
- Instead, to cover your gray hair, you should apply rosemary water twice a week, and leave it on for thirty minutes.
Step-by-step of rosemary water to prevent gray hair
- Apply rosemary water on your dry and clean hair, and massage for five to ten minutes.
- Leave it on for five minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Don’t use shampoo.
Rosemary water to cover gray hair
- Apply rosemary water to your damp hair from roots to ends.
- Massage and leave the rosemary water on for thirty minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and don’t use shampoo or conditioner.
If you want to prevent hair loss, apply rosemary water up to three times a week for fifteen days
Actually, in this case, you should use rosemary water every time you wash your hair.
But remember that you should wash your hair every three to four days. That’ll give your scalp time to generate its natural oils.
Therefore, I recommend using rosemary water three times a week after every wash.
Rosemary water contains vitamins and minerals that stimulate the hair follicles, which are responsible for strengthening your hair from the roots.
- Wash your hair with your usual shampoo. Remove excess water with a towel.
- With the help of a spray bottle, spray the rosemary water to your scalp, lengths and, ends.
- Massage your scalp for 2 minutes, and comb through your hair.
- Let your hair air dry.
If you want to increase the shine and volume of your hair, apply rosemary water twice a week for two months
If you bleach your hair or color it frequently, you’ll notice it thinner, duller, and drier.Rosemary water can help improve the health of your hair if you use it twice a week for two months.
- Apply the rosemary water on your scalp and massage it with circular movements until the ends.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water. You can use your usual shampoo to remove the remains of rosemary water.
If you want to stimulate hair growth, use rosemary water once a week for three months
Thanks to vitamins A, B, and C, rosemary water stimulates the blood circulation of your scalp.
That stimulates your hair growth.
- Apply the rosemary water on your scalp, and leave it on your hair for 20 minutes. Cover your hair with a towel.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and remove the remains of the rosemary water with your usual shampoo.
Natural products like rosemary water should be used with the appropriate frequency.
That frequency will depend on what you want to improve in your hair.
What is clear is that rosemary water can’t be applied to your hair every day.