- You can only leave rosemary water in your if you want to prevent hair loss.
- Alternatively, if you want rosemary water to soften your hair or control oiliness, you should leave it on for twenty minutes. Then, rinse it out.
How do I know?
I’ve learned after a lot of research and, of course, going to sources.
Who became my source in this case?
One of my best friends, Alejandra, who’s been a phytotherapist for years.
Do you know what a phytotherapist is?
A phytotherapist is a person who studies the properties of plants to be used in the prevention and cure of diseases or for cosmetic purposes.
Why did I resort to the knowledge of my friend Alejandra?
A few days ago, a miracle happened in the salon: one of my clients left me speechless. And that’s very difficult to achieve.
I always have answers to the questions regarding hair issues.
But, when Ana asked me if she should rinse out rosemary water from her hair, I was speechless.
I really didn’t know. I didn’t know.
What’s more, it was the first time I heard about the benefits of using rosemary water on hair.
And since I can’t stand to be speechless, I started to do some research. And my research started on the internet.
I know that most of these questions come up on social media.
I must admit that I came across some pretty absurd things during my research.
For example, I read that rosemary water makes hair grow up to ten centimeters per month if you leave it on for up to three days without rinsing. That’s really crazy.
As a hairdresser, I can assure you that no homemade or pharmaceutical remedy can make your hair grow ten centimeters per month.
I also laughed out loud when I read that if you apply rosemary water to your hair and don’t rinse it out, you can lighten your hair up to four shades.
To lighten hair up to four shades, you need to use chemicals, such as bleach.
In other words, I think you have to use common sense. And above all, ask those who know about plants and their benefits.
So, I talked to my friend Alejandra, who told me the truth about the benefits of rosemary water for hair.
Whether to rinse or not to rinse will depend on what you want to achieve in your hair.
And that’s what I’ll tell you about next, leaving popular fantasies aside.
Tabla de Contenidos
If you apply rosemary water to your hair to prevent hair loss, you shouldn’t rinse it out.
One of the things my friend Alejandra, the physiotherapist, told me is that rosemary water can help prevent hair loss.
It contains vitamin B and activates the blood vessels of the scalp. Therefore, they are better prepared to absorb the nutrients that promote hair growth.
Of course, you need to use it correctly.
So, the first thing I will say is that you shouldn’t rinse out your rosemary water if you want to prevent hair loss.
Secondly, you shouldn’t prepare ten liters of rosemary water.
What you should prepare is a small infusion. And here I tell you how.
- Bring three cups of water to a boil.
- When the water boils, remove it from the heat, and add 100 grams of crushed rosemary leaves.
- Let it steep for ten minutes and strain it.
- Wait for it to cool before applying it to your hair.
Once the rosemary water is cool, you can start applying it to your scalp. I advise you to use a spray bottle.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and don’t use conditioner.
- Drain your hair with a towel to remove excess water.
- Using a spray bottle, apply the rosemary water to the scalp and massage for two minutes.
- Comb your hair and don’t rinse out the rosemary water.
- Let your hair air dry.
You’ll need to repeat the rosemary water every time you wash your hair for 2 weeks to stop hair loss.
Do you know what else you can use rosemary water for?
You can apply it to your hair to make it shinier or to control oiliness.
But in all these cases, you’ll need to rinse it out. So, read on.
If you want shinier hair and more volume, you’ll need to rinse out your rosemary water
If your hair is dry or weakened by hair dyes, you can use rosemary water as a hair mask.
But like all masks, you must rinse it out after the exposure time.
Do you want to know how to use rosemary water as a face mask?
- Prepare the rosemary infusion as I explained above.
- Apply it on your scalp and massage it with circular movements until the ends.
- Leave it on your hair for twenty minutes. You can wrap your hair with a towel to further activate the properties of rosemary water with heat.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water .
I recommend this rosemary water mask up to twice a week for two months to see visible changes.
If you want to control the oiliness of your hair, apply rosemary water and rinse it after twenty minutes
Do you know why rosemary water will help you control the oiliness of your hair?
Because it’s a sebum regulator, which means that it helps to reduce the production of oil on the scalp.
All women have oily hair to a greater or lesser extent because sebum is a nutrient that our scalp expels to moisturize the hair follicles.
But when the oiliness is extreme, the follicles become clogged and the hair starts to dry out.
The astringent, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects of rosemary water will help you keep your scalp healthy, avoid irritation, itching, and dandruff generated by excess oil.
But you must rinse it out. You can’t leave it on your hair indefinitely.
- Apply the rosemary water to your scalp. Remember not to wash your hair beforehand.
- Massage gently for two to five minutes.
- Leave on for 20 minutes, and rinse with shampoo .
To control oiliness, you should apply this mask up to twice a week.
However, don’t overuse it. Otherwise, you could dry out your hair from the roots.
All cultures have used plants for cosmetic or therapeutic purposes to a greater or lesser extent.
You need to be careful and use natural remedies correctly to achieve the results you want.
Therefore, you should only leave rosemary water on your hair to prevent hair loss.