- You can mix Adore hair dye with conditioner if you want to get a color mask, extend the duration of the hair dye, and moisturize your hair. However, you should always use a sulfate-free conditioner.
- If you want to get a lighter color, mixing Adore hair dye with conditioner won’t help. In that case, the pigments in the hair dye will lose strength.
- If you want a lighter color, you have to look for one of the 35 different shades offered by Adore. Also, it allows you to obtain a less intense color if you leave it on for less time on the hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Adore hair dye instructions: does it need developer? How long to leave it on hair?
I don’t know if you noticed it, but today I woke up less categorical than usual.
Actually, mixing Adore hair dye with conditioner is possible, but only to achieve a color mask. I’ll tell you more about that later.
Now I ask you, why do you want to do it? What’s your goal?
I can think of two possibilities:
- You want to achieve a lighter color.
- You want to use the hair dye and conditioner mixture to moisturize your hair and, at the same time, dye your hair.
I don’t advice you to mix Adore hair dye with conditioner to achieve a new color. Why?
Because Adore has over 30 colors in its palette. I’m sure that the color you’re looking for is within those colors.
Also, by mixing the hair dye with the conditioner, all you’ll do is reduce the pigments’ strength in the hair dye. So, it’ll likely last less.
So, if you can buy a hair dye in the color you want, why take a chance with strange mixtures?
I think it’s best to buy a hair dye that’s close to the color you like.
Of course, this is my opinion, and you can always do what you want.
So, just as I recommend that you don’t mix Adore hair dye with conditioner to achieve a lighter color, I also admit that it might be a good idea if you want to moisturize and deposit color in your hair.
It’ll only work on your previously colored hair.
But, be warned, you can’t just use any conditioner. I’ll talk about that in a few moments. In the meantime, let’s dig a little deeper into another matter.
Tabla de Contenidos
Why isn’t it a good idea to mix Adore hair dye with conditioner to get a lighter color?
If you mix Adore hair dye with conditioner to get a lighter color, all you’ll do is reduce the pigments’ strength.
Being a semi-permanent hair color, Adore doesn’t penetrate the hair. What it does is create a film of pigment. So, the pigments have to be strong to achieve a vibrant color.
As it’s a wash-out hair dye, you can change the shade as often as you like without damaging your hair. So, it’s not necessary to alter the composition of Adore.
Remember that Adore has a palette of more than 30 different colors. But there’s one more detail.
If you wanted to achieve a more intense color than the one you have chosen, you’ll only have to let it on longer.
- The exposure time of the Adore hair dye to achieve the color you see on the bottle is 10 minutes.
- If you want that color to be more intense, you can leave it on for up to 20 minutes.
How to mix conditioner and Adore hair dye to extend the color duration and moisturize hair
If you’re looking to moisturize your hair while you’re depositing color, then it’s a good idea to mix the hair dye with the conditioner. In that case, the mixture will act as a color mask.
However, it’s not a mixture for coloring hair. Instead, it’s a mixture to moisturize and touch up the color in hair that is already colored.
What do you need?
A conditioner that meets only one condition: it must be sulfate-free.
Don’t forget that sulfates are corrosive detergents for color. To prevent you from getting confused, I’ll name three great brands that you can use to get the Adore conditioner and hair dye mix:
- Organix Coconut Milk
- Pantene Rose Water
- Garnier Whole Blends
None of these conditioners contain sulfates, but their components will deeply moisturize your hair.
How will this color mask work?Every time you use it, two things will happen to your hair: it’ll receive moisture, and the previously deposited color will receive pigmentation.
Therefore, the color will be touched-up and will regain strength and intensity.
- Sulfate-free moisturizing conditioner.
- Adore hair dye of the color you’ve previously applied
- Empty conditioner or shampoo bottle
- In the empty, clean, and free of residue conditioner bottle , pour 75% Adore hair dye and 25% moisturizing conditioner.
- Mix until the two elements are fully integrated.
Step by step:
You can do this two different ways: on wet or dry hair.
- After washing your hair, rinse out the shampoo and remove any excess water.
- Apply the color mask, leave it on for 5 minutes, and rinse.
You can use this color mask up to 3 times a week to maintain your color as the first day.[/su_list]
- On your dry, clean hair, apply a generous amount of color mask covering the entire surface.
- Leave it on for 20-25 minutes and rinse.
Use the mask up to once a week.
Many women believe that if they apply semi-permanent hair color with conditioner, their hair will suffer less damage. However, the Adore brand contains no harsh chemicals. Also, it doesn’t need a developer. So, it doesn’t dry out the hair.
If you mix Adore hair dye with conditioner, you’ll only degrade the color. You can only mix Adore hair dye with conditioner to create a color mask to extend the duration of the color on color-treated hair.