- To repair your bleached hair, you should leave the coconut oil in your hair overnight.
- If you need to restore shine and softness to your bleached hair, you should leave it in for 20 to 60 minutes.
- Alternatively, to control frizz, you can use a few drops of coconut oil as a non-rinse treatment.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can I leave coconut oil in my hair for 2 or 3 days?
If you bleached your hair and it’s dry, damaged, or frizzy, coconut oil will come in handy for you.
You only need to know how long to leave the coconut oil in your bleached hair.
The treatment will be different if, for example, your hair went through one bleaching session or if it was bleached several times.
Each bleaching session will dry out and damage your hair. So you’ll have to leave the coconut oil in longer. You’ll also need to use it more often.
We’ll talk about all this today.
Also, if you colored your hair after bleaching it, coconut oil will help you repair it from damage.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How often should you put coconut oil in your hair?
You must repair your bleached hair. There are many products in the market to repair it.
Still, coconut oil is one of the cheapest and easiest to find.Just remember that you’ll see good results if you use coconut oil frequently.
Tabla de Contenidos
If your hair is seriously damaged after bleaching, leave the coconut oil on overnight twice a week
In this case, you need to repair your bleached hair intensively.
Therefore, coconut oil will need more time to act on your hair, and you’ll also need to use it more often.
Why all night long?
During the night, your body cells renew and make room for new ones. Nutrients flood your body and you recover the energy you lost during the day.
Your hair is no stranger to this process because the hair fibers distribute nutrients to your mane to be healthy and grow.
If you apply coconut oil to your bleached hair and leave it on all night (8 to 10 hours), the hair fiber will have more energy to distribute the nutrients.
How should you use coconut oil on bleached hair?
- Before going to bed, comb your hair and apply coconut oil. Avoid applying the oil on the first two centimeters of roots.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap to keep the scalp warm. This will help the oil penetrate your hair fiber.
- The next morning, rinse your hair with shampoo to remove the remaining coconut oil.
You can boost the process with a shampoo with coconut oil. It’ll extend the effects of the night treatment.
Remember to do this process at night, at least twice a week for a month.
If you notice that your hair recovers, you can start leaving the coconut oil on overnight once a fortnight.
If your bleached hair is rough and dull, leave in coconut oil for one hour three times a week
The coconut oil mask will moisturize the cuticles damaged during bleaching and nourish your bleached hair to regain shine and texture.
You should use a moderate amount of coconut oil.
- Comb your damp or dry hair and apply the coconut oil all over your hair without touching the roots.
- Cover it with a shower cap and leave it on for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse with shampoo and let it air dry.
You can apply this mask up to three times a week. And as soon as you notice that your hair regains shine and softness, you can continue using the coconut oil once a week.
If your bleached hair is frizzy, apply a few drops of coconut oil and leave it on until the next wash
Coconut oil will act as an anti-frizz serum. It eliminates the frizz that remains in the hair after styling.
As you’ll leave it in the hair until the next wash, don’t apply a large amount of oil.
Unbelievably, four or five drops of coconut oil will help reduce frizz noticeably.
Here’s how to use it.
- Apply 4 or 5 drops all over your dry or damp hair. Avoid touching the roots.
- Don’t rinse.
Apply coconut oil as an anti-frizz oil on your bleached hair three to four times a week. In addition to fighting frizz, you’ll protect your hair from extreme cold or heat, which also damages hair.
If your hair feels oily after using coconut oil on your bleached hair, don’t use a clarifying shampoo to remove it. Otherwise, the clarifying shampoo will remove all the hydration from the oil.
Instead, always use a sulfate-free shampoo to retain the moisture from the oil.