- If it’s been more than 48 hours since you got a perm, you can use curling cream to moisturize and shape your curls.
- It’s also a good idea to incorporate it into your perm upkeep routine to shape your curls or as a deep moisturizing mask.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How soon after a perm can I deep condition my hair?
Of course you can use curling cream after a perm! Curling cream is a hair product that shouldn’t be missing from any care routine for curly hair.
But the only condition you need to remember when using curling cream after a perm is to wait 48 hours afterward.
Because if you don’t wait 48 hours after a perm to wash or apply any products on your hair, you could ruin your perm.
During the first 48 hours after perming, the perm liquid keeps working inside your hair, creating a new structure or curly shape.If you use curling cream on your hair during the first 48 hours after a perm, the oily residue will penetrate inside the hair, interfering with the action of the perm liquid.
What will be the result?
Your curls will stretch, lose shape, and ruin your perm.
That’s why it’s extremely important to 48 hours after perming to start using curling cream.
Do you know why many of my clients come back to the salon a day after they get a perm?
No, it’s not because they regret getting the perm. In most cases, it’s the opposite. They love their new curls, but even in love, you can have too much of a good thing.
Often my clients are so excited about their curls that the fear of losing them means they make the mistake of applying a styling cream, leave-in conditioner, or gel to their hair.
And then they come back to the salon with their curls stretched out of shape to get a new perm.
Take my advice and avoid disappointment. You must wait 48 hours after a perm to use curling cream.
And during those 48 hours, don’t use it on either wet or dry hair.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING: How to care for a perm in the first 48-72 hours to not ruin it?
What can you use curling cream for on your permed hair?
You can use curling cream on your perm in several ways:
- Replace your regular conditioner. You probably already know you should use hair products specifically designed for curly hair to make your perm last longer. Therefore, if your usual conditioner isn't designed for curly hair, replace it with curl-styling cream. After washing your hair with curl shampoo, apply the curling cream. Leave it on for five to ten minutes. Then rinse it out with warm to cool water to close the hair cuticles and seal moisture in.
- Use it as a deep moisturizing mask. In this case, apply it to your hair once a week. You can leave it on for an hour or overnight.
- You can use it to revitalize your perm by applying it to your curls and shaping them with your fingers or some wands. The styling cream won't make your curls heavy or stiff since it doesn't leave a heavy oily residue.
If you want to use curling cream to style your curls, wait 48 hours after a perm. Curling cream is an ideal product for curly hair, both natural and permed. It moisturizes, shapes, and defines curls.