- If you want to straighten your hair with a flat iron after a perm, you must wait at least five weeks. I recommend you go to a salon to have your hair straightened. I’ll tell you why.
- Alternatively, if you want to apply a straightening treatment after perming, you should wait at least four months to avoid irreversibly ruining your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can you unperm your hair? Reverse perm to straighten hair
Yes. You can schedule the day you can finally straighten your hair after a perm.
Then, start counting the days with the patience of a yogi.
The answer is simple.
You shouldn’t straighten your hair after a perm.
You shouldn’t straighten your hair after a perm even after ten days or a month.
It doesn’t matter if your perm looks like a poddle. You can’t straighten it.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: My perm looks like a poodle. It’s awful! Is there a solution?
Also, what do you mean by straightening?The time you should wait to straighten your hair after a perm will be different if you use a flat iron or apply a straightening treatment such as keratin.
- If you want to use a flat iron after perming, you should wait at least five weeks.
- Alternatively, to apply a straightening treatment after perming, you must wait at least four months.
By the way, an idea came to my mind.
My colleagues and I are noticing lately that we have more work to repair hair after homemade processes than those that involve our true passion: cuts and makeovers.
And it’s very sad.
It’s sad to see how women start to perm their hair at home and then, after two weeks, they straighten their hair with keratin because they don’t like the perm.
As they burned their hair, they blame fate for their luck and run to the salon for help.
The message here is that you shouldn’t play with your hair. The chemical processes that you can apply to your hair, such as perming or keratin straightening, are double-edged weapons.
Perming is a chemical process that permanently changes the structure of the hair. That is, the perm fluid breaks your hair’s natural structure or shape so you can go from straight to curly hair.
The perm fluid, in turn, is made of powerful chemicals. When I apply a treatment at the salon, I always wear gloves to protect my skin.
So, whether you want to straighten your hair permanently or temporarily, you can’t do it immediately after perming unless you want your hair to fall off in chunks.
How long will you have to wait? Start meditating and read on.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to relax a perm that is too curly (yes, you can still have the curls you want!)
If you want to straighten your hair with a flat iron after perming, you’ll have to wait five weeks…AT LEAST!
Obviously, you’ve had curls for a while and you miss wearing your hair straight. And I understand you. You’re not an alien. Women like to surprise others, especially when it comes to their physical appearance.
But in this case, I advise you to go to the salon. And remember that you should wait for at least five weeks after the perm to straighten your hair with a flat iron.
Why do I recommend that you go to a salon to straighten your permed hair?
- Because the hairdresser will use a professional straightener to avoid hair breakage.
- Straightening permed hair is not an easy task because it requires a lot of patience. You should divide small hair strands and straighten them at least five times. This will prevent your hair from turning into a lion’s mane.
- Also, the hairdresser will apply a heat protectant with silicones from root to tip.
If you want to straighten your perm permanently, you’ll have to wait at least four monthsIf you don’t wait for four months, your hair won’t resist a straightening treatment over the perm.
When you apply the keratin and seal it, your hair will break. And chances are that you’ll start collecting strands of hair all over the house within two days.
This is serious. You’ll ruin it if you don’t wait at least four months to straighten your perm permanently.
In the meantime, your roots will be four or five centimeters long, and your curls will have disappeared, because the perm lasts three to four months.
One last tip? After four months, before you straighten your hair permanently, apply a deep-repair treatment such as Olaplex.
You can’t straighten your hair immediately after perming. If you want to use a flat iron, you should wait at least five weeks. And if you want to straighten it permanently, you should wait at least four months.