- If you want to color your hair straight after using ColourB4, you should use semi-permanent hair color.
- Otherwise, if you use a permanent hair dye, your hair will absorb the peroxide and ammonia in such a way that your hair will break at the roots. Then, your hair will fall out in clumps.
- So, you can start by applying a semi-permanent hair dye and do intensive moisturizing treatments for a month. Afterward, you can finally apply the permanent hair dye if you wish.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: My hair has gone ginger after using Colour B4, what should I do?
People seem eager to apply products to their hair one after another without allowing it to recover. What’s worse, they don’t know for sure how the products work!
Did you just use Colour B4 on your hair to remove a hair dye? Let me guess!
You’re not happy with the results and already want to apply a hair dye to enhance the color.
However, don’t go too fast unless you want to lose your entire mane.
Colour B4 is a color remover. It works by opening the hair cuticles very aggressively to strip the pigments from the hair dyes.
Have you touched your hair? How does it feel?
It’s probably dry and damaged, and not just at the ends. Your mid-lengths and roots have also lost moisture due to Colour B4. Therefore, at this point, you have high porosity hair.
It means that the absorption level is at its maximum. If you apply the permanent hair dye, your hair will absorb ammonia and peroxide that will damage it. Your hair will break from the root.
Then, you won’t like the color you got after using Colour B4.
You’ll cry as you watch your strands fall like cotton flakes.
What’s your alternative if you don’t like your hair color after using Colour B4?
Tabla de Contenidos
Applying semi-permanent hair color is the best option after Colour B4
Why is a semi-permanent hair color your best option?
Because semi-permanent hair dyes don’t contain ammonia and are applied without hydrogen peroxide. So, they’ll not further damage your hair.
Also, as it lasts approximately 15-20 washes, in the meantime, you can regain some of the hair health that Colour B4 stole from you.
Now that you know you should use a semi-permanent hair color straight after Colour B4, you should determine which brand and color you could choose.
The most commonly used semi-permanent hair color brands are:
- Color X Change
- Punky Colour
- Manic Panic
- Crazy Colors
All these brands offer hair dyes that don’t contain ammonia and are applied without a developer. That way, you avoid two of the most aggressive chemicals for the hair, especially yours, which is dry and damaged by Colour B4.
On the other hand, semi-permanent hair dyes are applied to wet hair, which provides more hydration. As your hair is highly porous, it’ll quickly absorb the color of the hair dye, which will seal the cuticles, considerably reducing the porosity.
Now it’s time to choose the color of the hair dye. It all depends on your preferences, as you can choose between traditional and fantasy colors.
Which traditional hair colors to apply after Colour B4
There’re two semi-permanent hair color brands that offer traditional colors:
- Clairol (Beautiful Collection, Natural Instincts): you can choose from black 1 to extra light blonde 10.
- L’Oréal (Casting Creme Gloss): has a wide palette of traditional colors to choose from, from black to blonde.
So, according to your hair’s color after Colour B4, you can choose the shade you like best.
- If your hair is dark, you can apply a brown 4
- If your hair is brassy, you can use a light ash brown 5.1 or a dark ash blonde 6.1
- If your hair is light yellowish, you can apply a light iridescent blonde 8.2
Remember that the color you choose should be similar to the shade of your hair because the semi-permanent hair color doesn’t lighten your base.
Which fantasy hair dye colors to apply after Colour B4
In my professional opinion, if you’re not happy with your hair’s color after Colour B4, you should apply semi-permanent hair color as a toner.
What does this mean?
If your hair is brassy, strident yellow, or red you can neutralize them with the corresponding color.
Here’s the neutralization chart:
- Blue neutralizes Orange
- Green neutralizes Red
- Violet neutralizes Yellow
So, according to your hair’s color after Colour B4, you can opt for:
- If your hair is brassy, you can apply Splat BLUE ENVY
- If your hair is yellow, you can apply Manic Panic PURPLE HAZE
- If your hair is red, you can apply Adore 164 ELECTRIC LIME
If you have chosen the brand and color of hair dye to apply straight after Color B4, remember a critical issue: the recovery of your hair.
Semi-permanent hair dyes can enhance the color, but they won’t moisturize and nourish your hair.
How to restore your hair’s health if you colored it after ColourB4
The first thing you should do is forget about shampoos and conditioners with sulfates. They will dry out your hair even more.
Secondly, don’t abuse heat tools.
I’d say you should forget about them for a long time. Straighteners, curling irons, and hairdryers dry out and break the hair.
At this time, the best for your hair is to use natural products, such as aloe vera masks at night.
If you prefer to have a good arsenal of excellent products, you can start with:
COCO & CO
Natural extra virgin coconut oil for deeply damaged hair. It’s for frequent use and can also be used to moisturize your skin.
- Apply the oil all over your dry hair, from roots to ends, before washing it.
- Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes
- Rinse with shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat this routine 2 to 3 times a week
100% natural organic Moroccan argan oil, also for frequent use.
- Apply a few drops of the oil to your scalp. Then, from roots to ends.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and rinse with shampoo.
- Repeat this routine 3 times a week.
Olaplex No.4 shampoo and No.5 conditioner are for home use and are exclusively designed for severely damaged hair.
- Wet your hair, apply Olaplex No.4, and leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and apply Olaplex No.5. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse and dry as usual.
- Repeat every time you wash your hair.
GARNIER MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER
Garnier micellar cleansing water offers deep hydration for both your skin and hair. You can apply it every 2 to 3 hours from ends to lengths.
- On your dry hair, apply the water from roots to ends.
- Let it dry naturally, as it doesn’t require rinsing.
- Repeat as many times as necessary or every 2 to 3 hours.
With all these alternatives, you’ll soon notice your hair is completely repaired. You’ll be able to apply a permanent hair dye after 3 to 4 weeks.
Color removers like Color B4 are very aggressive to the hair. So, if you want to color your hair straight afterward, use a semi-permanent hair dye.
And don’t forget to deeply moisturize your hair for at least a month. Afterward, you’ll be able to use a permanent hair dye without risking your hair health.