- Whether Olaplex is worth it or not depends on your hair and goals.
- If you have strong, healthy hair and just want to get some highlights, it’s probably not worth spending a fortune on Olaplex.
- Otherwise, if your hair is fine or prone to breakage and you’re going to bleach it or radically change your look, you’ll benefit from Olaplex. Other products that are similar to Olaplex are less expensive and render the same results. I’ll tell you about them below.
- If you just want to improve your hair care routine, Olaplex products such as shampoo and conditioner are affordable and worth it.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: 5 products similar to Olaplex: highly effective alternatives that will leave your hair looking like brand new
I think that: “Is it worth it to invest in Olaplex?” is a tricky question.
Because there isn’t a universal answer. Not all manes are the same or have the same characteristics.
Nor do all people seek the same goals.
- Some people want to bleach their healthy hair and want to know if Olaplex is worth it. Others just want to improve their repair routine and want to check if their money will be well spent on Olaplex.
- Some people color or bleach their hair for the first time, and others have already had several coloring processes.
- Some people want to go from dark to light blonde hair in an afternoon, while others are willing to change gradually.
- There are the people who just want to get subtle highlights to brighten their features, and others want to get that ashy blonde balayage they saw on Instagram.
Do you get the picture?
Every mane is unique, and so is every person.
What is slow for some is fast for others.
What is a subtle change for some may seem unnoticeable to others.So, the most important thing is to know if Olaplex is worth it for your hair and your goals.
Try to answer these questions:
- Is this your first time coloring or bleaching your hair?
- Are you looking for a subtle or radical color change?
- Is your hair damaged and frizzy?
Your answers to these simple questions should give you a good idea of whether or not Olaplex is worth your time.
However, if you still can’t figure it out, don’t worry.
In a few moments, I’ll give you many more clues to help you make the best decision for your hair.
Oh, and before we continue, let’s not forget an important detail.
Whether or not Olaplex is worth it will also depend on your pocket.
I don’t mean whether you have many or few pockets. Nor if you have big or small ones.
I mean your budget. Whether your economy allows you to invest in an expensive product like the Olaplex or not. This again is very subjective.
For some people, the price of Olaplex may be insignificant. Meanwhile, for others, it may be a large part of their income.
I think you need to consider all this when evaluating whether or not to use Olaplex.
Now that I’ve given you an overview of what I think, I want to give you even more clues to help you figure out whether you should use Olaplex or not.
Tabla de Contenidos
If your hair is ruined by chemical processes or heat tool abuse, investing in Olaplex is worth it.
Do you know why?
Although there are some products similar to Olaplex, the price is not much different. However, your ruined hair needs the best.So, we need to consider that Olaplex is the best hair repairer, rebuilder, and sealer. Also, its price isn’t far from its competitors’. So, Olaplex wins because, ultimately, the winner is your hair.
If your hair is damaged and you don’t want to bleach it, you only need to apply Olaplex 3 which is not very expensive compared to Olaplex 1 and 2.
Olaplex 3 restructures the DNA strands inside your hair by strengthening and repairing the bonds. So, it removes years of damage in just one application.
Olaplex is still worth it when it comes to making drastic changes to your hair.
Whether you’re bleaching your healthy or damaged hair, every penny you spend on Olaplex will be worth it.
Olaplex is specifically designed for those situations. For example, for women who want to go from very dark to very light tones in one day or who want to apply fantasy tones and have to bleach their hair to white.
This product will take care of your hair during the whole process with the professional stages. You can order them at your salon or simply buy them and ask your colorist to apply them during the bleaching process.
- Olaplex 1: apply before bleaching to strengthen the DNA strands in your hair.
- Olaplex 2: is mixed with the bleaching and coloring ingredients to further restructure the hair during the bleaching process by sealing broken bonds and repairing damage at the molecular level.
So, if you want to leave your brunette hair behind for a stunning blonde, Olaplex is worth it. Otherwise, that drastic change could ruin your hair forever. Olaplex will prevent it if you also complete the treatment with Olaplex 3, which seals the cuticles, retains the color, and enhances the shine and softness of your hair.
By now, I suppose you’re evaluating your possibilities taking into account your budget and the change you want for your hair. But you’re still hesitant because you’re not looking for such a drastic change that involves bleaching.
So, you’re asking yourself the million-dollar question, and I have the answer.
If your hair is healthy and you just want a lightening or a slight color change, Olaplex is not worth it. You can choose other similar cheaper products.
If you want to apply some subtle or regular highlights or lift two tones, and your hair isn’t damaged or frizzy, you can choose other products.
In that case, Olaplex won’t be worth it because you don’t need its benefits so much.
As you’re looking for a change that only requires a slight bleach or a permanent hair dye, you could get other very good and cheaper alternatives to Olaplex, especially if you’re on a budget.
Do you want to know what they are?
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN IN:Differences between Olaplex, Smartbond, and Brazilian Bond Builder: which one should you to choose?
Smartbond by L’Oréal Paris
Like Olaplex, it’ll protect your hair during bleaching or dying because it strengthens the molecular bonds in your hair.
Smartbond Step 1 Additive and Smartbond Step 2 Pre-shampoo are applied in the salon during the process you want to perform. Then, you should continue the treatment at home by applying Smartbond Step 3 Conditioner once a week.
Brazilian BondBuilder B3
The best thing about this product is that it’s applied in one step. So, it’s practical, budget-friendly, and worth it if your budget is tighter.
Think of each strand of your hair as a tree. It has the cortex, which protects the inside as an armor. The same thing happens in your hair. Can you imagine what would happen if you lost the armor of your hair?
Your hair would be dry, dull, with a lot of frizz. So, detangling and combing it would be difficult.
In turn, by mixing Brazilian BondBuilder B3 with the elements of the process you want to apply (bleaching, coloring, straightening, or perming), you’ll avoid these side effects.
It costs 40 dollars. Like any beauty product, you can also maintain its effect for longer with the maintenance kit. It has shampoo, conditioner, and serum. It costs only 65 dollars.
Finally, for those who don’t want to be left out of the latest market trends, do you like to add high-quality products into your hair care routine?
Optimizing your hair care routine with Olaplex’s at-home products is worth it
You’ll be investing some dollars in products that protect your hair.
Olaplex’s four frequently used steps include:
- Olaplex 4: maintenance shampoo.
- Olaplex 5: reinforcing conditioner.
- Olaplex 6: intensive leave-in treatment.
- Olaplex 7: leave-in repairing oil.
Of course, if your hair is healthy, you don’t need to use Olaplex 6 and Olaplex 7. Are they worth buying? In that case, it’s entirely up to you.
If you want, you can invest in these products. They are pricey, ranging from $15 to $25. If that’s too much for your budget, you can try other products that will also give you good results, such as Wellaplex.
The truth is that Olaplex is always worth it. However, I know that these are hard times and economy rules.
So, before buying Olaplex or requesting it in your salon, evaluate the condition of your hair concerning the process you want to perform.
Take this into account: Olaplex is always worth it before bleaching your hair, be it healthy or not.