- It’s not a good idea to leave argan oil in your hair for a week because it can clog the pores of your scalp and cause irritation and itching.
- If you want to moisturize your hair to keep it healthy, I suggest you use argan oil once a week and leave it on overnight. The next morning you should rinse it out to remove it completely.
- What if you want to repair your hair because it’s damaged by bleaching or frequent dye application? I recommend you use it three times a week and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Should You Use Argan Oil on Wet or Dry Hair? It depends on what you will be using the oil for
That’s right. As you can see in this case, leaving argan oil in your hair for a week is not a very good idea.
Although argan oil is useful to deeply moisturize your hair, leaving it on your hair for a whole week is excessive.
And all excess is bad.
It’s like when you decide to lose weight.
You can fast for a week, and obviously, you’ll lose weight. But most likely your body will suffer an imbalance, and you’ll end up needing a visit to the doctor.
Not eating at all is excessive if you want to lose weight. The ideal thing is to consult a nutritionist, who will recommend a personalized diet. Then you can lose weight, without putting your health at risk.
The same applies to argan oil.
What would happen if you leave argan oil in your hair for a week?
That’s what I’ll tell you about next.
Tabla de Contenidos
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How to use argan oil for dandruff or itchiness from a dry scalp?
Why leaving argan oil in your hair for a week is a very bad idea
When you apply natural oils to your hair, the hair fiber begins to absorb moisture and your hair feels soft and shiny.
Moisturizing also promotes hair growth. So after a few months of constant application, you’ll notice that your hair has grown longer than normal.
This happens because when you apply the oil to your scalp, it hydrates the hair follicles and fills them with nutrients such as vitamin E and fatty acids. New hair grows stronger because the scalp is healthy.
However, if you leave argan oil in your hair for a whole week, the effect on your scalp won’t be beneficial.
Because the excess oil can clog part of the hair follicles, which would actually slow down hair growth.
And as if that weren’t enough, leaving argan oil on your hair for a week can cause dandruff.
Because when the pores of the scalp clog up, itching, irritation, and flaking appear.
And when your skin is irritated, it’s more prone to infections, such as dandruff, for example, which is caused by a fungus.
So far the picture isn’t encouraging. But there’s one more thing left to learn.
And this can also happen if you leave argan oil on your hair for a week. Because when the hair follicles are clogged, the hair stops receiving nutrients and begins to dry out and break right from the root.
So, rule out right now the idea of leaving argan oil in your hair for a week.
Now, that doesn’t mean you can’t use it at all. And that’s what I’ll talk about next.
How to use argan oil correctly
It all depends on what your hair needs.
If your hair is very damaged, use the oil three times a week and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Apply the oil to your dry or damp hair. Leave three centimeters from the roots without oil and rub it in right to the ends.
- Cover your hair with a towel or shower cap and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.[/su_highlight]
- Rinse your hair with cold water and shampoo without applying conditioner.
If you want to keep your hair moisturized, use the oil once a week and leave it on overnight.
- On your dry hair, apply the oil leaving three centimeters from the roots without oil. Massage through to the ends.
- Then massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap or an old towel and leave it on overnight .
- The next morning, wash your hair with shampoo and don’t use conditioner.
You should never leave argan oil on your hair for a week because it can clog the pores of your scalp, causing dandruff and even hair loss.
Use argan oil for the right length of time and you can reap all its benefits for your hair.