If you’re losing hair or you feel like it’s weakening, either Keranique or Nioxin could be the solution for you.
They’re two of the most popular products in the world caring for issues related to hair loss.
But, they are two very different products and their effectiveness can vary depending on the problems you’re dealing with, so, before you go out, try them and come back disappointed or with a worse problem, you probably should know the differences between the two products.
Both Keranique and Nioxin are products made to promote the ideal conditions for hair growth. The difference between them lies in that one works on a superficial level while the other work internally.
While Nioxin focuses on deep cleaning your scalp so your hair can grow in a healthy environment, Keranique is designed to promote circulation in your scalp.
Since both products come in both shampoo and conditioner formats, it’s easy to imagine how they work: you use them, you rinse them out… et voilà! Clean hair at your service.
However, the reason why these products work might be a little bit more complex and interesting than you expect.
Tabla de Contenidos
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Best ampoules for hair growth
Differences in their ingredients
You might be asking, “How is it possible that a shampoo can change your scalp’s physical environment or invigorate internal circulation, if it’s just a shampoo that you work into your hair?”
Well, those effects are thanks to the active ingredients they contain.
- Because it is a product focused on microcirculation, Keranique is full of Keravis hydrolyzed vegetable protein and Keratrix seed extracts, as well as Minoxidil, vitamin B, biotin and of course, keratin.
- Those ingredients have properties that don’t just “wake up” your hair follicles, but also help to strengthen your hair, helping to prevent hair breakage by improving the natural keratin fibers in your hair with amino acids.
- On the other hand, Nioxin contains Ensulizole, Sulisobenzone, biotin, saw palmetto extract, vitamins, coenzymes and glycoproteins, elements that help to clean and moisturize skin. Ensulizole is the primary ingredient in sunblock
- In that sense, Nioxin gives excellent protection and nutrition to your scalp, thus promoting a health environment for new hair to grow in.
- In terms of the conditioner options, both Nioxin and Keranique’s conditioners are sulfate and paraben free. They promote hydration, control frizz and prevent split ends. If you have dry hair, these products would be very helpful for you.
Effectiveness and results
By now, you’re probably already deciding which treatment to use, and that makes sense since they’re the two most popular products of their kind, but do you know why they’re famous and what people who’ve used them have to say?
- Keranique has many positive testimonies and reviews.
- Many people have said that while they were undergoing the treatment, they could feel relief in their scalp, like their hair follicles were decongested, allowing for their hair to reappear and grow quickly, all the while, making it stronger and more full of life thanks to the keratin.
- At the same time, they also said that they experience less hair loss and that it was effective much quicker than Nioxin because it also comes in a spray form.
- The only negative aspect to Keranique seems to be the effect that the shampoo can have on very fine, dry or chemically treated hair. That is because of its high protein content that can make dryness worse. For that reason, it’s a good idea to use their line of conditioners that don’t contain harsh chemicals.
- On the other hand, Nioxin is not as well known within the population of people facing issues with hair loss because it is not designed for them. However, it has 30 years of a good reputation and it’s highly recommend for people that have dry and sensitive hair, since the product provides a fresh and clean sensation to the scalp that you can’t get with many other products
- Many reviews say that with Nioxin their hair came back stronger and healthier. It’s also safe for any kind of hair, even chemically treated hair, not to mention that you can use it without needing to change your hair washing routine.
Final Verdict: Which should you choose Nioxin or Keranique?
If you’ve reached this point, you’re probably expecting me to tell you which of these products is better and here’s the answer: It all depends on your hair!
That probably wasn’t the answer you were looking for, but the truth is that in order to decide between the two options, you need to consider what condition your hair is in and what the problem you’re hoping to address is.
- If your scalp feels sensitive to the sun, which makes it so your hair doesn’t grow enough and weak, then I’d recommend Nioxin.
It’s easy to use this product, and it’s both quick and effective if what you’re looking to do is get rid of dirtiness and deep clean your scalp so it’s in optimal conditions for healthy hair growth. It doesn’t matter if your hair is thick or thin, curly or straight or dyed or not with this product.
Its effectiveness is the same and it won’t make any problem worse, since it has a mild formula that is sufficiently nutritive and balanced for any hair type.
- If, on the other hand, you feel like your hair growth is obstructed in your scalp and despite having thick hair, your hair seems weak and like it keeps falling more and more (or if you start to see patterns of baldness), then the best option for you is Keranique.
That is mostly because the product contains Minoxidil, and other proteins, ingredients that will stimulate your hair follicles and encourage hair growth. Its effectiveness is based on permanent use of the product in addition to using associated spray and conditioners.
- Keranique’s formula isn’t as gentle as Nioxin’s formula, which is why I suggest only using it if your hair is thick enough to not be so vulnerable to the amount of proteins present in Keranique.
Regardless of your decision or preferences, remember to always seek out professional help to avoid worsening any situation.