- Not applying oil to your hair has no negative effects on your hair.
- Because there are other products you can use on your hair to moisturize, nourish, repair, and get rid of frizz if you don’t want to use oil.
- And later I’ll tell you about all the alternatives you have if you don’t want to apply oil to your hair.
Sure, all your friends probably use oils to repair and nourish their hair. And since you haven’t started applying oil to your hair yet, you feel like a fish out of water.
But don’t worry. Because not applying oil to your hair has no negative effects on your hair.
Also (obviously) there is no law forcing women to apply oil to their hair.
Of course, you’ll find entire pages in women’s magazines talking about the benefits of coconut oil or argan oil to moisturize your hair.
You’ll also find hundreds of Youtubers recounting in detail how almond oil saved their hair.
And I’m sure you’ll even have your neighbor marveling and singing odes to the universe because castor oil made her hair grow ten centimeters in two months.
But those are personal experiences.
They’re experiences of people who found the right answers for their hair’s needs using oils.
Now, does that mean you’re also obliged to use oil on your hair?
No! It’s just like you might feel pressure to use OLAPLEX because five of your ten best friends have used it.
But your friends have bleached their hair, so using Olaplex is perfect for their hair. Now, if you’re not going to bleach your hair and it’s not totally ruined, why would you want to use Olaplex even if your best friends use it?
So, if you don’t use oil on your hair, nothing will happen; it won’t have any negative effects.There are many products you can use that perform a similar function to oil , for example, masks or leave-in conditioner.
Also, I’m one of those people who think that “less is more”, one of the basic ideas of minimalism.
Many people think that using a lot of products on their hair is a good thing, and so they end up overloading their hair with protein, for example.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can coconut oil cause protein overload? Short answer: No!!!
So, I’m of the mind that it’s best to use just a few good products. Or rather, I’m of the idea that you should actually use the least amount of products that still meet the needs of your hair.
You don’t need to apply oil to moisturize, repair, nourish, or add shine and softness to your hair. There are many products that are easier to apply and will give you the same results.
I’ll talk about those products below.
What other products can you use to moisturize and repair your hair if you don’t want to use oils?
Oils are excellent products for hair but can be a little complex. Because, for example, there are light oils and dense oils.
So you need to know their properties to apply them with the right frequency and avoid damaging your hair.
If you don’t know the properties of certain oils and you don’t like oily textures, you can use other products to moisturize your hair. Let’s see what they are.
- If your hair is dry or damaged , choose moisturizing masks.
- If you color your hair or occasionally use a straightener , you can incorporate shampoos and conditioners containing keratin, flower extracts, or amino acids into your routine.
- If you have bleached your hair and it’s damaged , you can use Olaplex shampoo and conditioner, three times a week.
- If your hair is very frizzy , you can use anti-frizz products with silicones. Just apply a few drops to your dry hair.
Now you know which products are best for your hair’s needs, if you don’t want to use oils, let’s take it a step further.
How to put together the perfect hair care routine if you don’t want to use oil
Earlier we talked about masks, shampoos and conditioners, and anti-frizz products. It’s important that you don’t use them all at the same time.
Start with one of them, according to your hair’s needs, so you can evaluate whether there are any positive effects on your hair.
You can use them up to three times a week to achieve deep hydration in your hair.
- Apply the mask to your damp hair, massaging it from the roots to the ends for proper distribution.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or something similar to keep the heat in and ]leave the mask on for twenty to forty minutes.
- Rinse your hair with just water.
Stick to this routine for four weeks.
Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner
Although these Olaplex products are excellent, remember you shouldn’t wash your hair more than three times a week. That way you won’t remove the natural moisture generated by your scalp.
- Wash your hair with the shampoo, massage your scalp, and let it act for three minutes.
- Rinse your hair and apply the conditioner, leaving it on for five minutes.
- Rinse your hair and let it air dry.
Silicones to eliminate frizz or protect your hair from the straightener
This type of product does not require rinsing, so you can use it on a daily basis.
- Pump silicone spray twice into the palm of your hand and rub your palms together.
- On your dry hair, distribute the product from the roots to the ends.
- If you applied the silicone to protect your hair from the heat of your straightener, wait a few minutes for your hair to absorb it. After that, you can start straightening
Now you know. Not applying oil to the hair has no negative effects.
Because there are plenty of products you can use to moisturize and repair your hair if you don’t want to use oil.