Do you want to know what you should use to curl your hair, whether curling irons or hot rollers?
Trust me, I understand, perms have made a huge comeback, and it seems like its for a long time.
I had the same concern, because to tell you the truth, although perms have evolved a lot, I didn’t want to expose my hair to a chemical process.
But I wanted curls, fun and bouncy curls, that would highlight my features and change my look without risks.
Therefore, after a problem which I will tell you about in a few seconds, let me give you a sneak peek:
- If you have a lot of thick, or long hair, hot rollers will suit you best.
- If your hair is thin and short, you can use any type of curling iron.
Of course, there are other differences, which have to do with the time it takes to use each of these alternatives and even with the price.
But I think the most important thing is that you use a tool that does not harm your hair, which includes causing frizz.
Because there is nothing worse than frizz-filled curls.
Do you want to know how I know this?
Because I started using a curling iron and it was the worst mistake of my life.
Therefore, if you want to invest your money correctly in a tool to curl your hair, read on, because I will tell you:
- What tool to use depending on the type of hair you have and the curl you want to achieve.
- What takes more time curling your hair with a curling iron, or hot rollers? What method is better?
- Which of the methods is safer?
- Difference between the price of curling irons and hot rollers.
Tabla de Contenidos
- What tool to choose according to your hair type and according to the type of curl you want to achieve
- Which takes longer, to curl your hair with a curling iron or with hot rollers? Which method is more practical?
- Which of the two methods for curling hair is safer?
- Price difference between curlers and hot rollers
What tool to choose according to your hair type and according to the type of curl you want to achieve
What tool should you use?
Yes! We all love cascading curls, well defined and without frizz.
But do you remember what I told you about using the best tool for the type of hair you have?
I didn’t know that at first.
I have long and thick hair, so I thought the best tool for me was a curling iron.
First, I didn’t know how to use a curling iron. The first day I used it, I burned myself several times around the temples.
Do you think it’s easy to curl your hair with a curling iron?
It is as difficult as when you’re trying to thread a needle, but you have bad eyesight and you don’t have your glasses
Also, it took more than an hour and a half to curl my hair
The worst part was that when I was done curling my hair the curls had done first had already lost their definition, and all my curls were very bristly.
Was I the only one to have this problem? Was it possible that I was so unskilled that I could not curl my hair correctly using a curling iron?
I decided to approach the shop where they had sold me the curling iron.
And here came the total surprise.
A kind lady explained to me that because of my thick and long hair, I should buy some hot rollers instead.
- Because thick hair makes it difficult for a lot of hair to be wrapped around the curling rod. This causes the curl to not maintain its definition. Also, it can take hours if your hair is long.
- Instead, curling irons work very well on thin and short hair, because you can correctly roll the entire length of the hair.
I asked myself why hasn’t she told me this before wasting my money and buying something that wasn’t going to work for me?
Don’t think I didn’t ask her, but the only answer I received was a kind smile and a shrug.
Finally, as a result, I went home with the hot rollers to see if I could finally curl my hair, and above all, that my curls would last and not be frizzy.
And the miracle happened!
My curls were perfect and defined.
Do you want to know another advantage of hot rollers over curling irons?
- hot rollers are a set of curlers of different sizes that are placed in a thermal container, where they are heated. Being of different sizes, you can create with the different forms of curls, creating a much more natural hairstyle.
- With curling irons, you will achieve the same size of curl in all your hair.
The curls you will get with hot rollers and curling irons are very different.Do you like big curls like those worn by Hollywood stars of the golden years like Elizabeth Taylor or Rita Hayworth?
Then, hot rollers are ideal for you!
Now, if you are looking for smaller and tighter curls, like the ones Nicole Kidman has had in the past, then curling irons are the most suitable.
But, what impressed me the most was the time difference.
And that is what I am going to explain to you now.
Which takes longer, to curl your hair with a curling iron or with hot rollers? Which method is more practical?
I’m not usually a patient person, much less someone who likes to waste time on unimportant things. For me time is money.
- If you choose to curl your hair with a curling iron, you cannot do anything else, because that is a job that will require your full attention.
- But, with a set of hot rollers, you can curl your hair and at the same time do other things while the rollers do their job. [/ Su_list]
Have you thought about this?
For example, while I am wearing my hot rollers, I answer emails to my clients, I answer calls by Messenger or I finish making a presentation for my boss.
It only takes me about fifteen to twenty minutes to put on my hot rollers.
While with a curling iron, it has taken me up to an hour and a half to curl my hair.
And this is because, with a curling iron, you must roll each strand of hair and keep the curling iron in place while doing its job.
Everyone has a limited amount of hair that will fit on the rod, so the time it takes to curl thick hair will always take longer than fine hair.
Which of the two methods for curling hair is safer?
On the other hand, I discovered that hot rollers are safer, at least in my case, because when I use a curling iron I have burned my ears and part of my neck a couple of times.
And I almost have to be a contortionist to curl my hair in the back!
- Also, the rollers are heated in the section where the hair is wound up, but not in the areas designed to hold your hair, because they are designed to be cool enough to handle, but warm enough to curl.
- In a curling iron, the only part that is cool to the touch is the handle, but the rod is not. [/ Su_highlight]
Price difference between curlers and hot rollers
To be completely honest, there isn't such a big price difference between curling irons and hot curlers.
What I mean is that you should not have to pay a large amount of money for either of them, of course, the brand and the quality of each of the tools can make a big difference in the prize
You can get good quality hot rollers for about fifty dollars, while a curling iron will cost you about one hundred dollars.
There is something that I think is important to note: low-cost hot rollers will always be safer for your hair than low-cost curling irons.
As you can already guess, for my long and thick hair the best option was hot rollers.
But, in case you are still debating between which of these tools is best for you, I will leave a summary below.
So, to summarize everything we said, which one should be used in each case?
- Hot rollers: if you have long and thick hair, you want looser and softer curls, you are not very skilled with curling irons and you also don't want to spend two hours curling your hair.
- Curling irons: if you have thin hair, either long or short, you want a smaller and more defined curl and you have a lot of patience to curl your hair. [/ Su_list]
Now that you know the differences between curling irons and hot curlers, which do you think is the most suitable for you?