- To check how long it takes for castor oil to work on your hair, you need to consider your expected results.
- If you want to stimulate hair growth, repair extreme damage, and prevent hair loss, you’ll only notice the effects of castor oil after three months as long as you use it weekly.
- Alternatively, to improve the softness, manageability, and shine of your hair, you’ll see results from the first application.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How long should I leave castor oil in my hair?
It’s not easy to answer how long it takes for castor oil to work on your hair.
I can’t give you a specific answer.
The effects may vary for each person.
- In other words, castor oil won’t work the same way if it’s applied once a week or once a month. You need to take it seriously to see results.
- Also, the application method influences the time it takes for castor oil to act on the hair. This means that if you use castor oil as a night treatment for intensive repair, it’ll take longer to work than if you use it as a moisturizing mask to add shine and manageability to your hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can you put castor oil on your hair every day?
So, the more damaged or ruined your hair is, the longer it’ll take for your hair to show results.
Repairing seriously damaged hair isn’t the same as simply adding some softness.
That’s why I said I can’t give you a “black” or “white” answer.
But what I can help you with is to know how long it’ll take for castor oil to improve your hair according to your expectations.
We’ll start with those who will have to be a little more patient to appreciate the effects of castor oil on their hair.
Tabla de Contenidos
If you want to repair extreme damage or stimulate hair growth, the effects of castor oil will take three months
The long-term effects of this oil are beneficial for women who want to have long and strong hair.
But I don’t want to raise false expectations.I don’t mean that your hair will be as long as Rapunzel’s after using castor oil for three months.
Instead, castor oil promotes and stimulates hair growth by moisturizing the hair follicles on your scalp and thickening each hair strand to prevent breakage.
Hair follicles are little pores on your scalp that contain your hair roots.
By moisturizing them with castor oil, the hair grows more comfortably and stronger.
I’ll give you an example to help you understand.
If you love gardening, for example, you know that any plant requires water, sun, and aerated soil to grow.
Therefore, in addition to regular watering, you have to work the soil, add nutrients, etc.
What would happen if you didn’t help your plan grow like that?
Do you think your beautiful plant would grow faster?
Of course, it wouldn’t!
Your plant would find it hard to develop.
In this case, castor oil is to your hair what sun, water, and working the soil are to your plant.
Castor oil improves hair growth conditions by providing fatty acids and nutrients to the hair follicles.
Everything I’ve told you so far is to show you that hair growth and deep repair processes take time. Nothing happens overnight.
That’s why it’ll take some time to notice the effects of castor oil on your hair. These effects are long-term. You’ll start to notice significant changes in your hair three months after the first use
And to notice these changes, don’t forget to apply the oil to your hair once a week for at least three months.
I recommend performing a simple test to see the long-term effects of castor oil:
- Before the first application, comb your dry hair from roots to ends to detangle.
- Part your hair and measure your hair from the crown to the ends.
- Write down that figure.
Every month, measure your hair to check how castor oil influences your hair growth.
After using the oil for at least three months, you’ll be able to see its effects on your hair growth.
If you use castor oil to add shine and softness to your hair, you’ll notice the effects from the first application
So it’s ideal to deeply moisturize your slightly damaged hair.
Don’t you believe me?
I invite you to give it a try.
- Apply a few drops of castor oil to your damp hair and distribute them throughout your hair.
- Leave it on for a maximum of thirty minutes.
- Rinse and shampoo your hair twice to remove the oil.
Now comes the moment of truth.
How does your hair feel when you untangle it?
Let me guess.
- It’s so much softer.
- It’s easy to untangle.
- It’s incredibly tame.
- It has less frizz.
Those are the immediate effects of castor oil on your hair. Its high concentration of essential fatty acids repairs mild damage from the first application.
It also fills in cuticle gaps which give you that feeling of silky smooth hair.
Of course, it doesn’t end there.
Don’t forget that if you flat iron or curl your hair, heat tools will dehydrate it. The same goes for chlorinated water, sun, and wind.
Therefore, to extend the effects of castor oil, you can continue to use it once a week controlling the exposure time, which shouldn’t be longer than two hours.
Castor oil acts in the short and long term according to what you want to achieve in your hair.
If you use castor oil to stimulate hair growth, you’ll notice its effects after three months.
However, you’ll notice your hair is softer and shinier from the first application.