¿Did you get tired of your perm? Do you not like how it looks?
Or maybe they did a bad job, or your hair ended up burnt.
Any of these experiences could be traumatic, and even could make us want to turn back time.
But we are the stars of “Back to the future.” We can’t control the past nor the future, although we can modify our present.
And in this present, you will be able to get rid of your perm, but you have to make a decision: to do it in a healthy way or by mistreating your hair.
This is all or nothing.
And the consequences of your decision can change the story of your hair forever.
The Internet is full of stories of the women who have tried to get rid of a perm and the results were disastrous.
Some decided to wash their hair with detergent, the same that they use to wash their dishes.
The curls were still there, but instead of being happy and healthy, they were withered and dry.
Others decided to rinse their hair with vinegar for twenty days.
What do you think happened?
They ended up with dried out and rough cuticles and broken, split ends.I don’t want to discourage you from getting rid of your curls, but the healthiest way for your hair will take time.
Now, if you are at your limits, or you feel your life is miserable thanks to the look you have from your perm, there’s still a solution: using some chemical products to revert the curl process in your hair.
But, I should warn you. This road will be full of thorns in the future, because your hair will inevitably end up damaged.
Since I’m one of those that believes in free will, I will tell you all that I’ve found out about getting rid of your perm.
And when I say everything, I mean everything:
- Natural and healthy methods to get rid of the perm in your hair
- How to get rid of the perm quickly
After reading this, you will be able to make a conscious decision, like I did.
Do you want to know what method I chose to get rid of my perm?
I promise to tell you in the end,
Let’s start then, and to do that, we’ll go from the least invasive methods to the most toxic.
Tabla de Contenidos
Natural methods to get rid of a perm in your hair
The great advantage of these methods is that they don’t damage your hair, you will get rid of the curls, and also, you will get some added benefits. For example, more shine and less frizz.
But not all that glitters is gold. These methods will eliminate your perm in the long run, but it will take at least a month.
Is that a lot of time for you?
Put the health of your hair and your impatience in the balance, and you will get an immediate answer.
Are you going for healthy? Then keep reading.
Yes, olive oil relaxes the patterns of your hair modified during the perm and helps straighten the hair fibers.
That means you can straighten your hair without side effects.
- Heat ½ a cup of olive oil in a pan over low heat.
- Once it is hot, turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Apply the warm oil to your hair, massaging your scalp for 30 minutes.
- Comb your hair continuously to distribute all the oil on every part of your hair.
- Cover your hair with a wet towel soaked in warm water and wait for 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash your hair with shampoo and comb it again.
You should repeat this process every day for a month,
I know it’s a long time, but day after day, you will see how the waves start to disappear and smooth out in your hair.
Also, you will notice your hair is shinier And with a lot less frizz.
Once more in the hands of nature comes our next aid, aloe vera, a quite generous plant.
Because in addition to protecting your hair from the toxic sun rays and strengthening it from the roots, it can also help you get rid of a perm.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops sandalwood essential oil
- Heat the olive oil over a low flame.
- Turn off the heat and mix with the aloe vera gel and essential oils.
- Apply the mixture on your hair from the roots to the ends.
- Massage your hair gently for 10 minutes and wrap your hair in a shower cap.
- Let the mixture sit for an hour and then wash your hair with plenty of water.
Deberás repetir el procedimiento una o dos veces por semana durante veinte días.
It might seem strange that beer (in the summer I love a nice cold one) can help you finally say goodbye to your curls, but it’s the truth.
It also contains malt and sucrose sugars. These are effective for tightening the cuticles of the hair and making the hair shiny.
- Boil a glass of beer over low heat and wait until it reduces by half.
- Once it cools, mix the beer with your usual amount of shampoo that you use to wash your hair.
- Nice it’s time to wash out the mixture.
You should use this shampoo mixture three times a week for twenty days.
After this time has passed, you will notice the perm slowly disappear from your hair and it will look shiny and healthy.
Then you’re going to have to resort to chemicals, but remember that your hair will suffer.
Method for eliminating the perm quickly
Remember when you did your perm?
You used some chemicals called a perm and neutralizing solution which were responsible for breaking thr protein bonds in your hair and changing the texture.
Now, you will use those same chemicals to get rid of your curls but this time, instead of using the curlers to form the curls, comb your hair down, smoothing it.
- Perm and neutralizing solution
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Comb or brush
Step by step:
- Wet your hair and then separate it I’m different section to evenly distribute thr perm solution.
- Apply the solution on each piece of hair combing it down straight.
- Let the solution sit in your hair according to the manufacturer’s instructions and rinse consciously. You should completely eliminate the solution before using the neutralizer.
- Apply the neutralizer and let it sit according to the product’s instructions.
- Finally, wash your hair to completely eliminate the product.
When you finish applying the process to your hair, you will notice that your hair is very, very dry.
But, what did you expect? You put your hair through two chemical processes, and in kit cases you didn’t edit enough time between them.If you’ve done a perm recently, I recommend that you wait at least a month to do this process.
Meanwhile, you can smooth your curls, using any of thr natual methods previously mentioned.
Do you want to know how I got rid of my perm?
I went for the aloe vera.
I was firm with finishing off my curls slowly, but naturally, and it seemed like the most fun way to do it. After all, life should be taken with optimism and humor. It’s better that way.
It seemed like fun. It was like preparing a magical potion.
The magic was slow, but it was worth it.
During the month that I applied the aloe vera, my curls started to fade until they were unnoticeable waves.
In addition, my ends weren’t split, and there was no threatening frizz on the horizon.
What more could you ask of life?
One thing is clear, never again with the perm! At least for me.
In the end, what do you decide?
Will you get rid of your perm naturally or using chemicals?