Is your hair not growing as fast as you would like?
Do you want to stop your hair loss?
Then your best option is to use castor oil, but the secret is letting it sit in your hair all night.
That way, this natural product’s magical properties will be enhanced, although, unfortunately, few people recognize its properties.
Leaving castor oil in your hair all night, you will assure yourself that its primary ingredients, like ricinoleic acid, omega-6, and 9 fatty acids, vitamin E, and minerals, will make magic during the night, enhancing the growth of your hair, making it much thicker and stronger.
Do you want to know how I know?
Because a year ago, my boyfriend of five years decided to accept a job abroad, and even though he asked me to accompany him, it wasn’t the time for me to move.
I had just two years left to finish studying for my degree, and I also had a good job where I could progress quickly.
Even though the decision not to go with him was mine, I was devastated.
I fell into a deep depression, one that affected me emotionally and physically.
I lost almost seven kilos, I had to face the picture of anemia, and slowly, I started to see how my hair literally fell out day after day.
With the help of my family, other friends, and a psychologist, I slowly started accepting the separation from my boyfriend.
Once I left the depression behind, I got my normal weight back, I beat the anemia, but one enemy stuck around: hair loss.
And when I refer to loss, I refer to a lot, a lot of hair that came out in chunks every time that I brushed my hair, when I showered, on my sheets, and in my towels when I dried my hair.
I remembered that one of the things that my boyfriend most admired about my physique was my hair. It’s as if I could still see him, playing with my hair, calling me “Rapunzel” among the laughter.
I also remember that his grandmother always talked about some castor oil to get your hair to grow faster.
And that’s where I learned two things: I needed to stop the hair loss, and also, I needed to start living each day as if it were my last. I owed it to myself.
I started to research the subject, focusing on castor oil. Who knows? Maybe the one who was once my angel, my boyfriend, in other words, was giving me a solution!And I tried it. And I proved that actually leaving castor oil in your hair overnight can make an important difference when you want to stop hair loss or stimulate its growth.
Are you one of those like me that want every day in their life to be unique?
Then keep reading, because I will tell you:
- What are the benefits of letting castor oil sit in your hair overnight
- The 3 types of castor oil and which to choose for your hair’s needs
- How to use the oil correctly, so it works properly
- How to get the oil out of your hair after leaving it in all night.
I think that angels exist, and in some way, the one that was my favorite angel brought me castor oil.
Today, I’ll be your angel. Do you accept?
Tabla de Contenidos
What are the benefits of leaving castor oil on your hair overnight?
Letting the oil sit overnight is the best way to ensure that the oil has enough time to act to get the results you want.
Also, ricinoleic acid found in the oil likes the blood circulation in the scalp, improving the hair follicles’ health and the scalp and reducing hair loss.
Combined with omega-6 and 9 fatty acids, it penetrates the stalk and the roots of the hair, nourishes it, restores its optimal health, and stimulates hair growth.
The oil is extracted from castor seeds through a pressing process, and it primarily is colorless or a pale yellow color with a soft scent.
You can feel that it is sticky and thick, but don’t be scared. After all, at night, flies don’t tend to be around. Also, obviously, you should wrap your hair in a shower cap.
Do you know that your hair grows about a centimeter and a half per month approximately?
By using the oil nightly, you will be able to get to three to five centimeters, although that will always depend on the conditions of each person’s scalp.
Now, to assure you the best results, you should know that there are various types of castor oil: organic, black from Jamaica, and hydrogenous.
Do you want to know the difference between each one?
3 types of castor oil and which to choose depending on what your hair needs
This basically sums it up: tell you what you are looking for, and I’ll tell you which castor oil to use.
- Organic castor oil
This type of oil is extracted directly from the castor seed without heat and is used in a mechanical method and not chemical, called press expulsion.
The cold press assures that there is no degradation of the seed’s nutrients, and it is a pale yellow color.
Now, I will tell you the most important part:If you have curly hair and an itchy, dry scalp that is prone to irritation, I recommend this oil because it is less alkaline.
- Black, Jamaican Castor Oil
In this case, the seeds are roasted and then pressed with oil, which is where the black color comes from.
If you have straight hair and a healthy scalp, this is the ideal oil for you since it penetrates more easily in your hair and your scalp.
- Hydrogenated castor oil
Thanks to the help of a nickel catalyzer, this oil is obtained, which actually has wax consistency.
As opposed to the previous types of oils, it is odorless and insoluble in water.
It is primarily used in cosmetics, varnishes, and polishers.
Now, let me ask you a question:
What are you looking for exactly with using castor oil?
- Combat hair loss
- Stimulate hair growth
Whichever is the answer, the oil will help you get it, but what will change is the way you use it.
Let’s start with those that choose option A: combating hair loss.
Do you want to stop hair loss? Here is how you should use castor oil
- 1/2 cup of castor oil
- Take a little bit of the oil in the palm of your hand, spread it over your hair from the roots to the ends, and massage it well. If possible, have your hair wet.
- Put on a shower cap so that you don’t stain your pillowcase with the product.
- The next morning, wash and dry your hair gently with a towel.
It may seem difficult to get out all the oil from your hair, but don’t worry. Later on, I’ll teach you how to do it easily.
Do you want to stimulate hair growth? Use the oil this way
In this case, we will combine the castor oil power with three other oils: coconut, almond, and sesame. While you can add or eliminate the oils according to your preferences, there’s nothing like using the four together.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- Mix the four oils and massage the mixture in your scalp from the roots to the ends of your hair. You can heat the mixture in a double boiler so that it penetrates quicker.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap to avoid staining your sheets and pillowcase.
- The next morning, wash your hair and dry it gently with a towel.
How often should I use a castor oil mask?
It will all depend on your goals.
- If you are looking to combat hair loss, you will need to use the oil at least twice a week for a minimum of four weeks to get noticeable results. You can also use it up to three or four times a week.
- If you are looking to jump-start your hair growth, I advise you to use it at least once or twice a week.
Castor oil is thick and stick by nature. So, getting it out of your hair, especially after leaving it in all night, can be a tiring task.
That’s why, here, I’ll leave you with a technique that you can use to solve this problem easily.
How to eliminate the oil in your hair after leaving it in all night
- Use warm water to wet your scalp and hair. This process will open the pores of the scalp to free the dirt.
- Take a bit of your usual shampoo, add a bit of water and rub your palms together to create a lot of foam.
- Apply the foam to your hair and scalp, massaging it gently with your fingertips and letting the shampoo sit for a minute.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, using your fingertips again to make circular motions throughout the scalp.
- Rinse in the end with cold water to block and seal the moisture in and make your hair shinier.
Now you know how to use castor oil to get the best results.
I was able to stop hair loss in at least six months, and also, I was able to get fifteen centimeters of hair growth.
Did you know the benefits of leaving castor oil in your hair overnight?