- If you want to use argan oil to deeply moisturize and repair your hair, I recommend using it once a week, leaving it overnight in your hair.
- If you want to use argan oil to promote hair growth, you should use it three times a week.
- If you want to use argan oil to control curly hair, you should use it up to twice a week.
- And if you want to use argan oil to control frizz, you can use it as a leave-in conditioner up to three times a week.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How long should you leave argan oil in your hair?
Thinking of revitalizing your hair with argan oil and want to know how often to use it?
Because argan oil is a versatile natural product that can help you keep your hair looking soft, shiny, and healthy right from the first application.
The results are impressive and you’ll notice the change from the first time you use it.
Now, how often you use argan oil is as important as the benefits it can bring to your hair. Overdoing it isn’t good.
So it’s important you know how often to use argan oil, depending on the needs of your hair.
Because if you overuse argan oil on your hair, you can cause more damage. For example, you can cause dandruff.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Does argan oil darken or lighten hair? Neither of these things
So it’s essential you consider what you want to achieve with argan oil before you can understand how often to use it.
Use argan oil once a week to moisturize and repair your hair
Since it’s a light oil with a high concentration of fatty acids, it easily penetrates your hair fiber, reaching the very core.
And from there, it repairs your hair by providing amino acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
What is important is that you use it once a week, leaving it in overnight . If you use it once a week and leave it in overnight, after two months you’ll see your hair is now healthy.
- Comb your dry hair and apply 8 to 10 drops from the roots to the ends.
- Massage your scalp for ten minutes, then continue massaging the rest of your hair.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap to keep the heat in and protect your pillowcase with a towel.
- The next morning, wash your hair with warm water, shampoo, and conditioner.
If you want to promote hair growth, you should use argan oil three times a week
Argan oil contains fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E, which promote hair growth from the roots.
Why? Because these ingredients moisturize the scalp and nourish the hair follicles, where hair grows from.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ: Should You Use Argan Oil on Wet or Dry Hair? It depends on what you will be using the oil for?
In addition, if your scalp is dry and you have itching or flaking, the anti-inflammatory agents contained in the oil will help you with these conditions.
It’s important you use argan oil three times a week and leave it on for twenty minutes.
How should you use it?
- On your wet hair, apply 5 or 6 drops of argan oil and massage the lengths for a few minutes. Then start massaging your scalp for a few minutes to stimulate blood flow and promote growth.
- Wrap your hair up with a shower cap and leave the oil on for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
After a month of using the oil three times a week, you’ll see your scalp is moisturized and you won’t feel itchy.
As for hair growth, that depends on each person. Some women claim their hair grows up to two centimeters in one month thanks to the oil.
If you want to control curly hair, use argan oil twice a week as a styling cream
Curly hair can be difficult to control! Curly hair can often get out of control and then it’s difficult to comb and impossible to manage. And that results in hair with uncontrollable volume.
You can combat this issue by using argan oil like a styling cream up to twice a week. Now, in this case, it’s very important you use a small amount since you shouldn’t rinse it out.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Drain excess water with a towel and apply 6 drops of argan oil.
- Distribute it through your hair, using your fingers.
- Wait ten minutes for the oil to be absorbed and comb through your hair.
You’re done! You can even leave your hair loose without any problem. Repeat this action twice a week until you see your curly hair is easier to control.
At that point, your hair will be completely repaired and healthy.
If you want to get rid of frizz, use argan oil three times a week as a leave-in conditioner
Frizz appears in dry hair, especially when you’ve used heat tools too much. This is because the heat from straighteners causes loss of natural moisture and cuticle breakage.
That’s when you’ll start to see frizz. While you can use a leave-in conditioner to combat frizz, you run the risk of making your hair stiff and dull.
But if you use argan oil up to three times a week, you’ll get rid of frizz and your hair won’t lose shine and movement.
How should you use it?
- Wash, dry, and style your hair.
- Put three or four drops of argan oil in the palm of your hand and rub your hands together.
- Apply it from the roots to the ends, without pressing your hair so it doesn’t get oily.
- Comb your hair again.
Apply argan oil up to three times a week and don’t rinse it out. In this way, you’ll moisturize your hair cuticles, getting rid of frizz.
Now you know how often to use argan oil on your hair. Keep in mind what you want to achieve with your hair.
Because if you overdo how often you use it, you can make your hair excessively greasy. And you could even cause dandruff.