- If you want to tone your level 7 orange hair, I’ll tell you about three different options that you could choose according to your coloring experience
- If you have no coloring knowledge, your best option is to use a blue shampoo, however, be careful because it has some disadvantages. I’ll tell you about them later.
- If you’re used to coloring your hair, use a 7.11. deep dark ash blonde.
- And if you have a lot of coloring experience, your best option is to apply a blue toner.
Did you color your hair, and it turned too orange?
Did you bleach your hair, and a nasty brassy tone came out?
If you want to leave level 7 orange hair behind, you have three choices: blue shampoo, hair dye, or toner.
What’s the difference between these options?
First, how easy it is to apply them. Using a shampoo is not the same as applying toner.
Second, how long they last.
- So, for example, if you’re looking for a simple method, the blue shampoo will be your best choice. It’s used in the same way as your usual shampoo.
However, the resulting color is not as neat as what you could achieve with toner.
Also, the blue shampoo is not permanent. So, after a few washes, you’ll need to reapply it to neutralize the orange.
- If you don’t want to fight the orange every three or four washes, you should opt for hair dye and toner.
I’ll tell you how to choose the best toner or hair dye to neutralize level 7 orange.
First, let’s start with the easiest alternative.
Tabla de Contenidos
How to neutralize level 7 orange with a blue shampoo
Applying a blue shampoo to tone your orange hair is a great option if you don’t have coloring experience and don’t want to go to the salon. Blue is the opposite color of orange on the color wheel.
As your hair is at a level 7 tone, you’ll have to apply the blue shampoo once every a few washes to avoid changing your hair color.
Don’t forget that level 7 orange is one of the lightest shades.
The shade scale goes from 1 (black) to 10 (extra light blonde). If your hair is orange 7, it means it’s a dark coppery blonde.
Therefore, you should be careful how often and how long you use the blue shampoo.
Do you want to know how to use blue shampoo the right way to prevent your hair from turning up blue?
- Apply the blue shampoo on wet hair.
- Make sure to lather well and leave it on for three to five minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair.
You should repeat this routine two or three times a week until the orange is completely gone.
Then obviously, you should alternate the blue shampoo with your usual shampoo.
I recommend you follow the manufacturer’s instructions because each brand has different times.
You can choose among several brands to remove the orange color from your hair. Some of them are:
- Fanola No Orange
- Matrix Total Results Brass Off
- Redken Color Extend Brownlights Blue Shampoo
Of course, these are just a few examples. You can find them in most stores.
If you want to neutralize the orange with longer-lasting results, you can opt for a hair dye that has some special features.
How to remove level 7 orange with a hair dye
- Do you have coloring experience?
- Do you feel confident when applying hair dye?
- Do you know the best permanent hair dye brands?
Then, a hair dye can be a suitable alternative for your level 7 orange hair.However, you can’t just apply any hair dye. You must choose an ash blonde hair dye.
According to the hair color numbering system, number 1 after the period mark in the color chart indicate ashy tones. It means that the hair dye contains blue pigments which neutralize the orange.
According to my experience, the best ash blonde coloring kits are:
- L’Oreal Preference 7A Dark Ash Blonde
- Schwarzkopf Igora Royal 7.1
- Pravana Chromasilk 11 Deep Ash Blonde
I know you have experience applying hair dyes but it never hurts to make some recommendations, especially if you want to prevent hair damage.
- Do not wash your hair for at least 48 hours before applying the ash blonde hair dye.
This will give your scalp time to produce sebum, which will act as a natural defense against the aggression of the hair dye chemicals.
- Detangle and separate your hair into sections to ease the application.
If your hair isn’t well detangled, I can assure you that the application of the dye can become a real hell.
Don’t forget that it’s often necessary to “comb the dye through” to distribute it evenly.
If you don’t want to be a victim of tugging and pulling, patiently detangle your hair before coloring. Then, separate it into several sections. .
This will help you apply the hair dye orderly. Also, you’ll completely cover all the orange hair you want to tone. A good technique is to separate the hair into four sections, two in the front and two in the back.
- If you use a container to mix the hair dye and the peroxide, remember that it must be plastic.
Otherwise, if you use a metal container, it can accelerate the hair dye oxidation process.
- To get an even color, apply the hair dye from roots to ends and always start with the back sections.
Once you have applied the ash blonde hair dye to tone the orange, you’ll need to renew the color every 4 to 5 weeks.
How to neutralize level 7 orange hair with a blue toner
This is the last option and the most complex one.
The toner, unlike the hair dye, has to be left in the hair as long as instructed. Otherwise, it can completely change the color of your hair in just minutes due to the strength of its pigmentation.
Therefore, regardless of the brand of toner you use, follow the instructions carefully.
Never leave it on for more than twenty minutes and check your hair every five minutes.
If you’re going to use a toner, I recommend Wella Color Charm T18 because it’s ideal for toning level 7 orange hair.
What do you need?
- Wella Color Charm T18
- A 20-volume developer
- Hair clips
- Comb your hair and separate it into 4 sections, 2 front and 2 back, holding each section with hair clips.
- Mix the 20-volume developer with Wella T18 toner and put on gloves.
- Apply the T18 mixture throughout your hair from roots to ends, starting with the back sections.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and check the color every 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair using your usual shampoo and conditioner.
The toner fades with washes. So, you should touch it up every 3 to 4 weeks to keep your color even.
Level 7 orange is usually a resulting color in bleached hair. Today, you learned several options to neutralize it.
If you don’t have any coloring experience, your best option is blue shampoo. And if you’re experienced and want to achieve longer-lasting results, you can choose between a blue toner or an ash blonde hair dye.