- If you leave the bleach on for an hour or more, you could suffer unwanted consequences.
- Your hair could become extremely dry.
- Your hair could become gummy.
- Your ends could break or, even worse, your hair could burn from the roots.
- You could even burn your scalp and need treatment with a dermatologist.
- The bleach should be on for up to 40 minutes to avoid this irreversible damage.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How Long to Leave Bleach in Hair 30 vol? Bleach your hair safely
Leaving bleach on for an hour or more is crazy.
You could burn your hair and your scalp. It’s that simple.
If you leave the bleach on for an hour or more, you’ll most likely have to cut off all of your hair to remove the burnt part.
If you burn your scalp, you’ll end up in the emergency room visiting a dermatologist.
No kidding.Scalp burns are very dangerous. They could affect the hair follicles, where new hair grows.
If the hair follicles are burned, hair growth is interrupted, and hair loss can occur.
These could arise after using a 30-volume developer in the bleach. If you use a 40-volume developer, you can kiss your long hair goodbye.
I understand there’s a lot of information on the internet, and that’s fine.
But every time you look at content on the internet, you have to use your filter. That filter will help you to stop and think whether the information you receive is correct or wrong.
And when the information you receive from social networks or websites has health issues, that filter must work 100%.
Google won’t do it for you. You are responsible for your body and your hair.
If you leave the bleach on for an hour or more and burn your hair, I assure you that the influencer who recommended such madness won’t sit down and cry with you.
Instead, she’ll continue to worry about adding followers, likes, and hearts. And you’ll keep walking in complete loneliness.
I’ve been a professional colorist for many years.
During those years, I trained, tried excellent products like OLAPLEX or similar brands, and continued to update my knowledge.
I’m open to new things. But I’m open to those new things that don’t jeopardize your health.
Leaving bleach on for an hour or more will put your hair health at risk.
Do you want to know why?
Leaving bleach on your hair for an hour or more is dangerous
Bleaching is a CHEMICAL PROCESS. I won’t bore you with a chemistry lesson and complicated formulas.
So, let’s think about another example.
Imagine you want to restore a painting that has been in your family for generations. You love the frame, but the painting doesn’t represent you.
Therefore, you decide to use a paint remover and leave the canvas blank to create your painting.
You apply the remover and let it work. The colors begin to fade, but you notice that the canvas also begins to dry out.
However, as there are still traces of paint left, you let the remover work longer. Finally, when you remove the remover residue, the canvas is stiff and brittle. You need to paint it very carefully to prevent it from breaking.
The same will happen to your hair if you leave the bleach on for an hour or more. Your hair will weaken, dry out, and break. The bleach should be on your hair for up to 40 minutes.
That time can vary if you want to bleach all of your hair or just the roots.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How Long to Leave Bleach on Roots 30 vol? It depends on your current hair color
If you leave the bleach on for an hour or more, you risk your hair. What could happen?
Here are the details.
What could happen if you leave the bleach on your hair for an hour or more?
Let’s look at what could happen to your hair if you leave the bleach on longer than colorimetry and hair health dictate.
If you leave the bleach on for more than an hour, your hair could suffer extreme dryness
Bleaching powder is astringent and removes moisture and nutrients from your hair fiber when the cuticles are opened.
Do you know what extremely dry hair looks like?
Let me tell you.Extremely dry hair feels rough like sandpaper.
You’ll also struggle with frizz. You’ll have to invest in professional treatments to restore lost moisture and nutrients to your hair.
The bad news continues.
If you leave the bleach on for an hour or more, you could burn your hair
If your hair is extremely dry after bleaching, the cuticles will break down and your hair will lose its natural structure.Your hair will be gummy and you won’t be able to comb it when wet. This has no solution because the damage is irreversible. Therefore, you’ll need to remove all damaged hair.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can Olaplex fix gummy and damaged hair? How long does it take?
If you leave the bleach on for an hour or more, you could cause hair breakage at the root
The worst thing is that you’ll realize that your hair is broken at the root when you rinse the bleach out. In other words, you’ll discover your mistake too late.
You’ll lose a lot of hair when you rinse your hair because the bleach will have burned your roots.
Hell will continue because the following days you’ll keep losing hair.
If you leave the bleach on for more than an hour, you could burn your scalp
You’ll need to go to an emergency doctor. You’ll feel itching, inflammation, flaking, and even bleeding on your scalp.
Don’t leave the bleach on for more than an hour. Bleach could irritate and burn your scalp and hair. If it burns your scalp, the hair follicles will stop producing hair and cause baldness.