- If you accidentally washed your hair before bleaching, you have two options: either bleach it anyway or wait two days to do it.
- Not washing your hair for two days before bleaching is just an extra measure of protection. It doesn’t affect the bleaching process.
- If you need to bleach your hair, even if you washed it the same day, apply coconut oil two hours before and don’t rinse it out before you start bleaching. If you’re going to the salon, ask your stylist to include Olaplex in the bleaching mixture.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Is your hair too damaged to bleach it? Answer these 5 questions to find out
Did you accidentally wash your hair today and want to bleach it?
If you’ve come this far, it’s because you’ve probably heard or read somewhere that it’s best to bleach your hair without washing it for two days.
If you forgot you were going to bleach it, and accidentally washed it, you have two options:
- You bleach it anyway.
- You wait two days to bleach your hair
Of course, if you had an appointment at the salon to bleach your hair, canceling it because of an accident could be a bit frustrating, not to mention embarrassing.
Nowadays, it’s hard to get an appointment at the salon.
Tell me about it, I can’t keep up with my salon!
I don’t think it would change your routine.
However, if you can’t wait and want to bleach your hair anyway, I’ll tell you a little trick that will protect your hair from the aggression of the chemicals in the bleaching mixture.
Not washing your hair for two days before bleaching is simply to let the natural oils of your scalp protect your roots and skin from irritation or extreme damage.
The good news is that you can use other products to protect your mane.
So leave the desperation aside. Anyone can have an accident when it comes to your hair beauty routine.
Good news! You can bleach your hair even if you’ve washed it. Do this to protect your hair during bleaching
Bleaching is a very aggressive process for hair, but you already know that.
What you probably don’t know is that you can bleach your hair anyway. Washing doesn’t alter the bleaching result.
It’s just a matter of protection!
So, the question is, were you going to bleach your hair at home?Don’t abandon your plans just yet. Even if you accidentally washed your hair, you can still do it.
You’ll only have to wait a few hours to start bleaching your hair.
I don’t accept long faces. It seems that waiting only two hours to bleach your hair is a very small price to pay for accidentally washing it.
That smile is better.
You’ll need to wait two hours before you start bleaching because you need to protect your hair. How do you do it?
By applying coconut oil to the lengths and ends. It’ll protect that hair you accidentally washed before bleaching.
- On your damp or dry hair, apply a few drops of coconut oil and comb through your hair to distribute it evenly.
- Now the waiting begins. Wrap your hair with a shower cap, choose two episodes of your favorite series on Disney+ or Netflix, and wait.
- After two hours, don’t rinse your hair. I insist, DO NOT RINSE YOUR HAIR.
- Apply the bleaching mixture directly onto the coconut oil. Do this calmly, because the oil will not interfere with the bleaching.
Are you happy now?
Then, get moving and start applying the coconut oil right away.
If you forgot about your hair bleaching appointment at the salon and washed your hair by mistake, you can still save the day
All you have to do is ask your stylist if she works with the professional products from Wellaplex, Olaplex, or similar ones.
And most likely, if she has a lot of experience in bleaching, she’ll use some of these products during the process.
They strengthen the molecular bonds of your hair during the process, preventing hair dryness and breakage. They have to be added to the bleaching mixture.
If the salon you chose to bleach your hair works with any of these products, forget about the damage even if you accidentally washed your hair today.
Even though they’ll charge you a little more for bleaching your hair, it’ll be well worth it. Just tell your stylist that you just washed your hair because you forgot your bleaching appointment.
- How the hair will react to the bleaching process.
- What shade it’ll reach after the process.
Now you have no reason to worry if you accidentally washed your hair. You can go ahead with your bleaching plan.
Ideally, you shouldn’t wash your hair for at least two days before bleaching.
During that time, the scalp produces sebum that protects the hair from the aggression of the bleaching mixture.
However, if you have washed it by mistake, don’t worry. You can use coconut oil or a professional product such as Olaplex to protect your hair during the process.
None of those methods will interfere with the bleaching process.
An accident can happen to anyone. So, don’t torture yourself any longer and get to work.