- If your hair is dry and damaged, you can put jojoba oil on your hair after having a shower. Because unlike other oils, such as castor oil, you can use it on your hair several times a week.
- If your hair is curly or fine, you can also put jojoba oil on your hair after you have a shower because jojoba oil won’t leave your hair greasy, as other oils, e.g. olive oil, would.
- Below I’ll tell you how to apply jojoba oil to your hair after your shower correctly.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Should you apply oil to wet hair or dry hair?
Long story short. You can put jojoba oil on your hair after your shower if your hair is curly, fine, or extremely dry.
- Because if your hair is curly , applying jojoba oil after showering won’t leave your curls either matted or stiff. Because jojoba oil has a similar composition to the oil your scalp naturally secretes.
- If your hair is fine , it will be able to absorb the jojoba oil quickly and won’t go greasy.
- And if your hair is dry and damaged , and you apply jojoba oil after your shower, the pores of your scalp will absorb it quickly, nourishing all your hair from the roots to the tips.
And basically, jojoba oil speeds up cuticle sealing to retain moisture in both the scalp and hair.
Now, why does jojoba oil work best on hair after a shower?
Because after you take a shower, the pores of your scalp and the hair cuticles, the outer part of the hair, are open. Therefore, they will quickly absorb the jojoba oil, which will seal the cuticles and pores, locking in moisture.
How to apply jojoba oil after a shower
- After washing your hair (preferably using a sulfate-free shampoo) remove the excess water gently with a towel.
- Untangle your hair with the help of a comb or brush.
- Apply five or six drops of jojoba oil directly on your scalp and massage for five to ten minutes to distribute it evenly.
- Place two to three drops of jojoba oil in the palm of your hand and rub your palms together to warm the oil up.
- Apply it to your lengths and ends.
- Massage your hair for a few more minutes and comb it through.
- Don’t rinse the oil out as it will quickly be absorbed into your hair, sealing the cuticles and locking in moisture.
Apply jojoba oil to your hair after your shower if your hair is extremely dry, to restore moisture. You can also use it if your hair is fine or curly. Unlike other oils, it won’t leave your curls clumpy or your hair greasy.