- According to the manufacturer, you can work out after a Brazilian Blowout. But from my experience and knowledge as a stylist, I recommend you wait three days to work out afterward.
- This is because sweat can damage the treatment. Also, after a workout, you will likely need to shower. And remember, it’s essential to wait at least three days to wash your hair after getting a Brazilian Blowout.
- So you can start working out three days after getting a Brazilian Blowout. Put your hair in a ponytail, and protect it from the sun if you play sports outdoors.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: How long does Brazilian Blowout last? How to take care of your hair so that it lasts longer?
Have you had a Brazilian Blowout and want to know if you can work out without ruining the treatment?
As a stylist, I recommend you wait at least three days to work out after a Brazilian Blowout. Perspiration or sweat can ruin the treatment.
So why does the manufacturer say you can work out after a Brazilian Blowout?
It’s because the manufacturer only offers general suggestions. They don’t know what kind of workout or sports you want to do, how intense the exercise will be, and where you’ll do it.
For instance, doing Hatha Yoga, one of the most relaxed types of yoga, differs from doing CrossFit, where the intensity level will be much higher and make you sweat more.
And so, we’ve arrived at a fundamental issue: sweat is great for the body when you work out. But if you’ve just got a Brazilian Blowout, sweat is your hair’s worst enemy.
Even when you dye your hair and work out the next day, sweat can ruin the color.
Want to know why? Read on.
Why wait three days to work out after getting a Brazilian Blowout?
When you exercise, your body eliminates toxins through sweat, or perspiration. And sweat is water.
Do you remember the first recommendation your stylist gave you when they finished doing your Brazilian Blowout, the treatment considered the ultimate solution to frizz?
That’s right! They recommend not washing or even wetting your hair for three days. If you play sports or work out immediately after getting your Brazilian Blowout, the sweat will wet your hair and remove some of the keratin you applied.
In addition, during the first three days after getting a Brazilian Blowout, your scalp’s hair follicles are still open. That means that dirt and dust can penetrate, causing an infection or allergic reaction.
Some keratin residue from the treatment could even penetrate. That could also cause an allergic reaction since keratin is only for external use.
And as if that weren’t enough, the sun’s rays can make the treatment less effective.
So as a stylist, I can assure you that it’s best not to work out or play sports for at least three days after getting a Brazilian Blowout . Perspiration could seriously affect the treatment.
Once those three days are over, you can think about exercising without putting your hair at risk. Let’s see how you can do this.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY READING: How long should you wait to wash your hair after the Brazilian blowout?
How to prepare your hair for a workout three days after getting a Brazilian Blowout
Think about the exercise you’d like to do:
- If you swim , wear a latex swimming cap over your hair to prevent chlorine from removing the Brazilian Blowout treatment.
- If you play tennis or any other outdoor sport , wear a cap so the sun doesn’t damage your scalp or hair cuticles.
- If you’ll do aerobic sports , try to do it at times when the temperature is lower and in well-ventilated places, avoiding the sun’s rays.
I also advise you to have a microfiber towel handy to dry any excessive sweat. And gather your hair in a ponytail with a silk scrunchie.
How to take care of your hair after a workout
Exercise and a Brazilian Blowout are perfectly compatible if you respect three fundamental rules:
- Wash your hair thrice weekly.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner so your shampoo doesn’t remove the keratin. You can even use Brazilian Blowout shampoo and conditioner.
- On the days you don’t wash your hair , just rinse it with water after exercise to eliminate sweat and toxins.
According to my professional experience, waiting three days to work out after getting a Brazilian Blowout treatment is always better. This way, you’ll prevent sweat from ruining the treatment.