- If you suffer from a flaky scalp or your hair is weak and dry from coloring or bleaching, you can leave jojoba oil on your hair overnight, up to three times a week.
- If your hair is frizzy, you can leave jojoba oil overnight in your hair up to twice a week.
- And if you just want to keep your hair moisturized, you can leave it overnight in your hair up to once a week.
- When you leave jojoba oil overnight in your hair, apply a few drops to the scalp and massage your hair for ten minutes to help your scalp absorb the oil.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Can I use jojoba oil on my hair every day?
Now you know that you can leave jojoba oil in your hair overnight. You also know how many times a week to leave jojoba oil in your hair, depending on your goals.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Can You Put Jojoba Oil in Your Hair After Shower? Yes, but remember this…
I love jojoba oil. It’s a lightweight, versatile oil that doesn’t leave much oily residue in your hair after use.
Do you know why it doesn’t leave a lot of oily residues, even if you leave it in your hair overnight?
Because out of all the natural oils, jojoba oil is one of the lightest. And its composition is very similar to the oil secreted by your scalp. This oil keeps the pores where new hairs are born and the rest of your hair healthy.
Other oils, such as olive or castor, should not be left overnight in the hair.
Even though jojoba is a light oil, it doesn’t mean you should smear your hair with large amounts of jojoba oil and leave it on overnight.The secret to leaving jojoba oil overnight in your hair is in the application. And that’s what I’ll talk about next.
How to apply jojoba oil on your hair to leave it overnightJojoba oil works by sealing in moisture from the hair shaft to the ends.
Every one of your hairs is divided into different layers. The cuticles are the outer part, the hair fiber absorbs and retains moisture, and the core is where the color is.
When your cuticles are damaged, the hair fiber is exposed and cannot retain moisture, so your hair dries out.
And this is where jojoba oil comes in. Because if your hair is dry and weak and you leave jojoba oil on overnight, the oil will seal the cuticles from the roots to the tips of each hair.
And nighttime is the best time for jojoba oil to work on your hair. During those hours, your scalp expels that natural oil so your roots can absorb the nutrients. So to speak, during the night, the hair is more predisposed to absorb and assimilate nutrients.
So if you leave jojoba oil on overnight, your hair will absorb it completely. However , it’s important you only apply jojoba oil to your scalp.
How to apply jojoba oil to your hair to leave it on overnight
- Wet your scalp and hair.
- Apply three or four drops of jojoba oil to your scalp and massage with your fingertips for ten minutes to help absorption.
- When you finish massaging, comb your hair to open the cuticles and let the oil penetrate.
- Place a turban towel over your hair and leave the jojoba oil on overnight.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and warm to cold water the next morning. Don’t use conditioner.
How often can you leave jojoba oil in your hair overnight?
- If your hair is very dry from coloring treatments or because you overuse heat tools , you can leave jojoba oil overnight up to three times a week.
- If your hair is very frizzy , leave the jojoba oil on overnight twice a week.
- If you want to keep your hair moisturized , leave it on overnight once a week.
You can leave jojoba oil overnight on your hair up to three times a week. Because its light composition doesn’t saturate or clog the scalp’s pores. In addition, since it leaves no oily residue, it rinses out easily the next morning.