- Coffee hair dye lasts around two and three weeks according to how often you wash your hair and the type of shampoo you use.
- If you wash your hair three times a week, the coffee hair dye will most likely last up to three weeks. However, if you wash your hair every other day, the dye will last less, even up to a week and a half.
- I’ll show you how to prepare the coffee hair dye to last as much as possible. Also, how to care for it to last up to three weeks.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Natural dyes to cover gray hair: coffee, black tea, and other homemade ideas
Are you about to use coffee hair dye and want to know how long it’ll last?
According to some of my experiments and the experiences of many of my fellow stylists, coffee hair dye lasts approximately two to three weeks.
Why am I talking about my own and my hairdresser colleagues’ experiments?
There isn’t any scientific evidence regarding the duration of coffee hair dye.
Also, there aren’t any brands of coffee hair dye on the market.
If there were a brand of coffee hair dye, it would’ve carried out lab tests before being on the market.
Then, we would have accurate information about the duration of the dye.
So far, we can only describe handmade and natural hair dyes. Anyone can create it at home with natural ingredients.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Organic hair dyes: 100% vegetable (peroxide and ammonia free)
Therefore, to know how long coffee dye lasts, we need to trust and test our own and other people’s experiences.
Even when I studied hairdressing, our teachers rarely told us about the use of coffee to dye hair.
Here we are in our search to return to the old traditions.
Those traditions pushed human beings to live in contact with nature, its natural cycles, and the elements that it generously gave us.
And one of them is coffee. That beverage invites us to wake up in the mornings and unites us in a circle of friends.
Coffee can color hair. What’s more, I’ve used it to dye white sheets of paper with an “antique” look.
The great secret of coffee hair dye lies in that coloring power.
How long will coffee hair dye last in your hair?
I’ll reveal the ancient mystery below.
Tabla de Contenidos
The coffee dye lasts two to three weeks
If you wash your hair too often, the coffee dye will fade faster.
As a stylist, I always recommend my clients wash their hair three times a week at the most.
This way, the hair follicles, where the hair grows, have more time to absorb the natural oil produced by the nutrient-filled scalp.
If you, dye your hair with coffee hair dye, you MUST wash your hair less frequently. It’ll have benefits on your hair and it’ll also extend the duration of the coffee hair dye.
- If your hair is oily and you can’t avoid washing your hair every day or every other day, you shouldn’t use coffee dye. It’ll most likely disappear from your hair in less than a week.
- Alternatively, if you wash your hair two or three times a week, you can use coffee dye. In that case, it’ll last up to three weeks. Remember to use organic or 100% vegan shampoos, conditioners, and masks.
- Bonus tip: if you aren’t satisfied with the results, you can remove it quickly with a detox shampoo in a single wash.
You should also prepare the coffee dye properly because that will also count in the duration of the results.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: What to mix with coconut oil for hair growth? Don’t miss this 4 ideas
How to prepare coffee dye to extend its duration in your hair
PYou need to prepare coffee hair dye properly to get an ideal concentration of the product. That will help long-lasting duration in your hair.
I call it dye because that’s the resulting liquid you’ll get.
What do you need?
- 30 grams of ground coffee
How do you prepare it?
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place 30 grams of ground coffee in a bowl. It’s approximately two large spoonfuls.
- Add the water and let it steep until it cools.
- Mix half a cup of that coffee with a cup of conditioner.
- Blend to get a dark paste.
How do you apply it?
- Shampoo your hair.
- Drain it to remove excess water and apply the coffee dye.
- Cover your hair with a cap and leave it on for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with water only. Don’t shampoo it.
If you had gray hair, it’ll probably be covered by this dye. It also revitalizes the color of your dark hair to a shinier color as a result of the coffee dye.
Coffee hair dye can last between two to three weeks, depending on your hair beauty routine.
If you feel you won’t be careful or wash your hair every other day, I recommend you use a semi-permanent hair dye. It doesn’t contain ammonia or developer. Some semi-permanent hair dyes last for 18 to 20 washes.